Best Fifa in years!

daveyamsterdam
93 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Im impressed! It looks like EA finally found a way to make the game balanced like it should be. There Will be bugs, problems and people who dont like the game.. but a game just cant be 100% perfect.

But the demo plays so good. Im very happy with the fact that pace isnt that important anymore. I dont know if EA downgraded many players with their pace on purpose to make more people use them but i think its very good. There Will be fast players offcourse but i do believe many more people Will use 'slower' players now.

Never really liked Cavani in fifa 17, and havent seen him much in Squads against me. But now he plays like he should. Not the fastest but with the new crossing system he is a beast. Thats What makes This game good. Its not all pace now. Now players like cavani who are world class but arent the fastest, are very usefull to. Because in the penalty box they are so deadly, just like in real life his headers are world class to. So i like the balance for each quality a player has. Pace, strong, good positioning, good headers. Every player seems to be usefull now because its the same for defenders. A good strong defender but without pace can be hard to defeat when crosses comes in. And vice versa, a fast defender who isnt the tallest but can keep pacy attackers are easyer to defeat in the air.

The same goes for dribbling. If you have good dribbling, it doest mean you win every dribble and walk past someone like he isnt there. But you actually feel now if you pass the ball to Verratti and he Got a defender at him, he has the quality to keep calm, keep the ball tho his feet and turn around the defender with his good dribbling, agility and balance. And with players who doesnt have those abilities its much harder to do this. Which is great because it felt like in fifa 17, every player was equal. Players i never heard of dribbled like Messi, defended like Ramos and shoots like Ronaldo while they really didnt had those qualitys.

Really looking forward to This game!

Comments

• Thefranchise92
    7322 posts League Winner
    agree with cavani inside and outside the box he can be used. I reckon ill be looking at physical curve and finishing for strikers
  • daveyamsterdam
    Yeah those stats will be usefull now. They were usefull in fifa 17 to but now they are much more important. Some are looking for strength and heading, other for dribbling and pace. But in both ways there are defenders to stop Some of their qualitys. While in fifa 17, crossing didnt do much so everyone chosed a fast center back, because on the other hand everyone used a fast attacker because that was it. That was the way to score goals and win matches so im very happy to see that its balanced now so many other players who were less used last year, Will be more usefull This year!
  • Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    Im impressed! It looks like EA finally found a way to make the game balanced like it should be. There Will be bugs, problems and people who dont like the game.. but a game just cant be 100% perfect.

But the demo plays so good. Im very happy with the fact that pace isnt that important anymore. I dont know if EA downgraded many players with their pace on purpose to make more people use them but i think its very good. There Will be fast players offcourse but i do believe many more people Will use 'slower' players now.

Never really liked Cavani in fifa 17, and havent seen him much in Squads against me. But now he plays like he should. Not the fastest but with the new crossing system he is a beast. Thats What makes This game good. Its not all pace now. Now players like cavani who are world class but arent the fastest, are very usefull to. Because in the penalty box they are so deadly, just like in real life his headers are world class to. So i like the balance for each quality a player has. Pace, strong, good positioning, good headers. Every player seems to be usefull now because its the same for defenders. A good strong defender but without pace can be hard to defeat when crosses comes in. And vice versa, a fast defender who isnt the tallest but can keep pacy attackers are easyer to defeat in the air.

The same goes for dribbling. If you have good dribbling, it doest mean you win every dribble and walk past someone like he isnt there. But you actually feel now if you pass the ball to Verratti and he Got a defender at him, he has the quality to keep calm, keep the ball tho his feet and turn around the defender with his good dribbling, agility and balance. And with players who doesnt have those abilities its much harder to do this. Which is great because it felt like in fifa 17, every player was equal. Players i never heard of dribbled like Messi, defended like Ramos and shoots like Ronaldo while they really didnt had those qualitys.

This must be one magic demo.

I played the Beta and it was pace pace pace.

I don't share your optimism. I still expect every team to be pace driven regardless of crosses. Why wouldn't it. Pretty much every FUT has been.

Also EA has a track record of making every new addition OP as ❤️❤️❤️❤️. So yeah heading will likely be a nightmare with a disproportionate amount of headed goals until the game is patched a few weeks later.

• benicspo
    1279 posts Professional
    It's only the demo, I wouldn't get so excited yet
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    I'm absolutely loving the demo played at least 100 games now and still haven't got fed up but I feel I know the game inside out already though I feel pace will be a massive part this year once you take off with the likes of rashford, martial, neymar, ronaldo etc there's no catching up with them but it feels like there will be more of a skill gap which is a great thing.
  • Mutu10gol
    2995 posts National Call-Up
    benicspo wrote: »

• Master110
    1118 posts Professional
    But pace in real football is important. The problem with pace in fifa is stamina isn't correctly implemented.

Once you play a real player they will be using driven passing which is R1+X and it moves super fast.

I think a lot of people who moan about pace , watch low end football is real life.
  • Master110
    1118 posts Professional
    Gromit wrote: »

This must be one magic demo.

I played the Beta and it was pace pace pace.

I don't share your optimism. I still expect every team to be pace driven regardless of crosses. Why wouldn't it. Pretty much every FUT has been.

Also EA has a track record of making every new addition OP as ****. So yeah heading will likely be a nightmare with a disproportionate amount of headed goals until the game is patched a few weeks later.

Yeah because when both players sprint and both players use R1+X the speed is up. The only way to keep the pace this slow is not to play online and none of you will do that.
  • Nervous_Nick
    7202 posts League Winner
    It's all about the pace in the demo. Bale is a rocket and no defender can catch him up...
  • leon1309
    4503 posts National Call-Up
    It's all about the pace in the demo. Bale is a rocket and no defender can catch him up...

Nah, catch up mechanic is still there, Just a bit toned down.
  • daveyamsterdam
    Well thats because he has 94 pace. I dont say pace is completely gone, because that would be wrong. Fast players should have that advantage of being faster then others, but for me it feels like in overall its less important then in other fifas. In fifa 17, i could already guess which players my opponent had; Musa and bailly and other fast players because that was the way to play. Just 1 of 50 crosses ended up in a goal. This year there are much more ways to dominate and score goals, which Will result in many more players to be used. And as example i gave Cavani. In fifa 17 he was useless for me because of his low pace and dribbling. This year (i know its the demo) he plays like a beast because i know What his abilities are so i can play the way he can score goals. Crosses, being deadly in the penalty box..
  • bigpokey24
    5871 posts Big Money Move

come on , you are playing against the AI ( the AI sits back) you are yet to play against a pace abuser mixed with high pressure. I played the BETA .
  • jdros
    2860 posts Fans' Favourite
    bigpokey24 wrote: »

come on , you are playing against the AI ( the AI sits back) you are yet to play against a pace abuser mixed with high pressure. I played the BETA .

Is the BETA like the Catalina Wine Mixer of video gaming?
  • Benja190782
    1948 posts Fans' Favourite
    The difference really is acceleration this year. Because pace is only deadly when your player is at full speed. Just how it should be.

The problem this year is super fast ping pong passing and way too accurate passing at the same time.

My hopes are up - I'm just affraid to be let down..
  • Im impressed! It looks like EA finally found a way to make the game balanced like it should be. There Will be bugs, problems and people who dont like the game.. but a game just cant be 100% perfect.

Agreed, really looking forward to early access!
  • Benja190782
    From watching several FUT matches it's like manual defenders against assisted strikers right now.

Passing and shooting needs to be harder simply. It's not balanced right now.
  • Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    Master110 wrote: »
    But pace in real football is important. The problem with pace in fifa is stamina isn't correctly implemented.

Once you play a real player they will be using driven passing which is R1+X and it moves super fast.

I think a lot of people who moan about pace , watch low end football is real life.

Couldn't disagree with this more.

Footballers are athletes, stamina drain in FUT is ridiculous now. Players are dead on their feet after 60 to 70 mins unless they have 80+ stamina and even they aren't much better.

It's not in anyway realistic. They introduced it to counter the cries on here about high pressure. When clearly the answer was to deal with high pressure in the first place. Why do we have sliders that can be set to 99 etc in the first place?

All in all its just screwed the FUT community over all the more cos our teams now need more fitness cards than ever.
  • rsclaret
    334 posts Sunday League Hero
    This demo is the best Fifa Ive played since WC2010. Nothing like Fifa 17. If I had 1 gripe, the goalkeepers are much improved in their animation selection and how they dont have unrealistic reaction speeds. If it was possible I would give them a touch more presence in goal. Increase the distance they can reach dive across.
  • blue9
    1005 posts Professional
    I'm absolutely loving the demo played at least 100 games now and still haven't got fed up but I feel I know the game inside out already though I feel pace will be a massive part this year once you take off with the likes of rashford, martial, neymar, ronaldo etc there's no catching up with them but it feels like there will be more of a skill gap which is a great thing.

Wowww 100 games jaysussss... I only played one.... 100 games offline wow
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    rsclaret wrote: »
    This demo is the best Fifa Ive played since WC2010. Nothing like Fifa 17. If I had 1 gripe, the goalkeepers are much improved in their animation selection and how they dont have unrealistic reaction speeds. If it was possible I would give them a touch more presence in goal. Increase the distance they can reach dive across.

The shooting reminds me of WC2010, that was one of the most fun Fifa games ever developed. You start buffing the G.K.'s and you will remove the dramatic long range humdingers, make the game more one dimensional. It's difficult to get the shot off when you're playing against another human.
  • Kurt
    1995 posts Fans' Favourite
    Agree about this being potentially the best FIFA in years but completely disagree on you thinking pace isn't going to be a major factor...it will be
  • paul24878306
    5597 posts Big Money Move
    The worst bits of 17 dont show on the demo.

Reckless slid tackles, tackles from behind and running into player rather than tackling all going unpunished

If this is sorted it should be good, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • paul24878306
    5597 posts Big Money Move
    Kurt wrote: »
    Agree about this being potentially the best FIFA in years but completely disagree on you thinking pace isn't going to be a major factor...it will be

I haven't got a problem with pace being A factor. I have a problem with it being the ONLY factor.
  • Benja190782
    Pace has been toned down and it's a lot better! FIFA 18 is much more unpredictable and you can attack and defend in so many ways now it's a massive improvement.

The only thing I don't like is the pass accuracy and speed. It's way to accurate and fast.

As with the new defending the more manual the more fun and rewarding it is.

My Icon Edition is gonna be dayum hot the 21th.

Let's play beautiful my friends!
  • Aqeel87
    3514 posts National Call-Up

• Tof33z
    7042 posts Big Money Move
    It's what EA do. Release a new game and break it after a month. Rinse and repeat
  • semia172
    2187 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tof33z wrote: »
    It's what EA do. Release a new game and break it after a month. Rinse and repeat

Amen

Read the same threads after the 17 demo release, best fifa ever and so on.
    And after 2 months we had a different game
  • Waveform2
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Master110 wrote: »

Remeber in the final game if this is not resolved you could fix the stamina problems yourself.
  • I SiR MartY I
    15382 posts World Class

True, the demo is never anything like the full game, also online will always be different with connection quality and the game drastically changes after a few patches, but what is in the demo is still quite impressive.

Its got a lot of issues, but far more positives than negatives, just have to hope the problems have been fixed and the game has been polished.
  • Khalabeeb
    727 posts Sunday League Hero
    Tof33z wrote: »

It's not EA it's the community that cries and forces the devs to patch it. Most of fifa players say they want a change but in reality they want the same old cheese they have been abusing for years. It will be patched unfortunately