OT: UK shops that have delivered Fifa early

Every year you hear of people who have ordered the game online and it has shown up at their door a day or two before the official release date. Tesco did it for a me a few times up to a couple of years ago but I think they got their wrist slapped and haven't done it since.

Anyone know of places that have done it more recently? Obviously it's not guaranteed but can't hurt to try!

And I am looking to get the disc, not a fan of soft copies.

Comments

• Amazon has done in the past. Its touch and go if you get it early tho.
  • Dawud
    15660 posts World Class
    shopto?
  • NornIron
    11066 posts Has That Special Something
    Simply games delivered PES two days early a few I know got from there.
  • Cheers guys
  • Adrian095
    33686 posts National Team Captain
    Getting it on the 22nd B)
  • Pieman25
    15757 posts World Class
    @Tesco good lad
  • robmays
    948 posts Professional
    It's usually available early as a download with a games console
  • Tesco
    6500 posts Big Money Move
    ;)
  • HullCityTiger
    227 posts Sunday League Hero
    I had it early once from Amazon (FIFA 12 I think) always used them in hope they'd do it again.
    Then last year decided to change to Shopto. Arrived 1 or even 2 days early :#
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4098 posts National Call-Up
    ShopTo are usually good for it.

Can't order through them this year though. The website is painfully slow for whatever reason, and it won't let me change my delivery address. The one I have on there at the moment is my old University address.

Gone for Amazon. Ronaldo Edition.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9187 posts League Winner
    edited September 2017
    Try your local independent stores.

I used to work for one which back then had twelve stores across Berkshire and Hampshire (fair play to the owner, he started trading second hand games at school and from his parents living room and built it up from there) and we'd always recieve games many days, even a week early in some cases.

We'd sell them to customers we personally knew for cash on the sly, could get in trouble if caught (supplier bans, fines etc) so were always careful about it. This was quite a few years back so not sure if this sort of thing goes on anymore but certainly back in those days it wouldn't be uncommon for us to pass Fifa under the counter days before release.

Best one i remember was after attending the Saints Row 2 launch party in London (many free cocktails were had that night). Ended up pocketing about 15 copies of the game a month before it was released to the public and made a truck load flogging them :joy:
  • Currieman
    4918 posts National Call-Up
    Shopto.net have always (touch wood) delivered early for me. Usually 1 or 2 days. Simplygames are good as well.

Amazon were poor when I used to use them but this was a good 10 years ago, I'm sure they've upped their game a bit now. Not risking it though :lol:
  • NornIron
    11066 posts Has That Special Something
    Currieman wrote: »
    Shopto.net have always (touch wood) delivered early for me. Usually 1 or 2 days. Simplygames are good as well.

Amazon were poor when I used to use them but this was a good 10 years ago, I'm sure they've upped their game a bit now. Not risking it though :lol:

Yeah hopefully a discount code comes up soon for either of these.
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2579 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cheapest I've seen so far for the disc is thegamecollection.net which is about £8 cheaper than shopto.net

As you say, hopefully a discount code appears for shopto!

• SeanDCFC
    2372 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2017
    Amazon, I got GTA V a week early when I ordered that.
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    5637 posts Big Money Move

@Currieman

Which one would you say is better for delivering a day or so early? Shopto or Simplygames?
  • AliasMaurice
    1900 posts Fans' Favourite
    Shop to and gameseek
  • Currieman
    4918 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2017

@Currieman

Which one would you say is better for delivering a day or so early? Shopto or Simplygames?

@xGeorgeSmithx I'd go with Shopto 100% but only because I've not used Simplygames for a few years. Simplygames did deliver early when I used them.

I've used Shopto for ages and (again, touch wood!) I've received every game I've ordered from them before the release date.

Also, I've found Shopto customer service very good when I've had to contact them.
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    5637 posts Big Money Move

@Currieman

@xGeorgeSmithx I'd go with Shopto 100% but only because I've not used Simplygames for a few years. Simplygames did deliver early when I used them.

I've used Shopto for ages and (again, touch wood!) I've received every game I've ordered from them before the release date.

Also, I've found Shopto customer service very good when I've had to contact them.

No problem mate I'll get round to ordering it from them today!