Fifa 18 demo is out, what is your opinion?

Comments

• PTYBrozzzz
    912 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My opinion:
    • Dribbling is WAY better. Really hope they don't change it. It feels sooo good to twist and turn with players like Verrati and Thiago
    • Shots seem to fly in. Might just be the demo but I've scored and conceded some world class finishes when playing with mates
    • Cruff turn OP (It's a fun move)
    • Passing and build up play feels much more fluid now the AI isn't man marking and intercepting every pass
    • AI is much less responsive which is AMAZING. I want to play against another human 10v10 with 2 keepers AI controlled. I hated the AI in 17, it was way too easy to let them do the work.
    • IDK if this is AI related but my god defending is hard - as it should be. You get rewarded for perfectly timed tackles and actually have to put in work.
    • Not sure how pace feels as of yet, doesn't seem that OP unless you really get a stride going.
    • Feels responsive and fun to play, let's hope this doesn't get patched.

Overall I'm really enjoying it. Defending needs work on my part but it's much more rewarding and fun than 17 (as of now)
    I know it's just a demo, but the way the game is heading seems good. 9/10.

• Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    Sliders have been removed is a good thing. I have been asking for this long time.

I played demo with full manual control. The ball is heavier than early. I liked slow speed on the pitch. Passes are felt more heavier too. This means you have more possibilities to perform them precisely. Also I felt something new, a new way of physics I don't know. But it is felt pretty well.

I'm annoyed by all old menus. Not colours but the style is the same through 5 years or so. The same cameras representation, the same settings available to change. Except they have removed those stupid sliders.

I don't hope they will not change this decent gameplay in full version because of FUT kids. So the game deserves to buy it on a sale with 50% off.
  • rsclaret
    334 posts Sunday League Hero
    Very responsive, game can be played at fast pace or slowed down depending hoe you approach it. Passing is much much better than previous current gen Fifas. Crossings good again. Headers are reliable again. The AI off ball movement is as good as anything Ive seen. Its great fun to play. Hoping now that EA dont change too much and that when I do buy the full game, team styles will be apparent.
  • TWS001
    2224 posts Fans' Favourite
    I haven't downloaded the demo since Fifa 14. The game we get in two weeks will be totally different. FUT is always faster than H2H and with the chem boosts and online play against the cheap pace teams, it will be a different world to the demo as usual.
  • Sellish
    10206 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2017
    Just me who is annoyed that it's another game where the most difficulty is still easy?

I love career mode but I can't play it when you just need 3 seasons to win the Champions League and Premier League with a championship team.
    Would love to play a long career with United but I know that I is going to have won the league before january this year again.
    Destroys singel player.
  • Azz1982
    240 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Gameplay is very slow offline and there was a lot of stuttering when clean through on goal and players lunging to control a 5 yard pass.

Everyone's spot on about defending and I found counter attacks a nightmare to defend due to the defenders pace being accurate for once. Chiellini was completely blown away by Bale (as it should be) and Rashford with 4 star skills seemed OP.

If I thought that the demo was the final build I'd probably still buy it, reluctantly, but I'm sure it'll be improved.
  • Pelicano wrote: »

If anyone wants to watch human vs human here is some gameplay, to bad the players are not that good. Spoiler alert: The keepers are glitched. Minute 17 Buffon cannot jump and minute 33 de Gea has a mini-stroke.

the game look so damn boring,very few chances of goals

• lad33
    570 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Haven't seen anything to tempt me to part with 50 quid. Didn't but Fifa 17, and likely won't be buying 18 either.

However, I will wait until it is released properly and see what the general feedback and actual gameplay is like.

Looks very much to me like a rehash of everything before it.

EA are mugging people charging full price for a game that is 70-80% a rehashed experience of every year previous.

• Sh4h_-_7
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    After playing several games on the demo what I feel about it is

Game play is good as in i played as Manchester United vs man city on legandary and players who are skillfully quick and have loads of skills to change games or cause hedaik was players like Kevin De Bruyne silva

Then the pacey ones who caused nothing but constant threat all game and ran at me everytime was aguero sane sterling. Then there were strong players like yaya hard to get ball of he runs through teams and can hit them bangers.

But what I also noticed if I ran with herrera and dribbling and running with ball hard to do it. But if I did it with pogba as he is strong only player that can get pogba off ball wich is quality, and aguero is a defenders worse nightmare and defending is manual.
  • Pelicano
    71 posts Park Captain
    Pelicano wrote: »

If anyone wants to watch human vs human here is some gameplay, to bad the players are not that good. Spoiler alert: The keepers are glitched. Minute 17 Buffon cannot jump and minute 33 de Gea has a mini-stroke.

They said defending was harder on this game but I feel that it is easier. Tackles and positioning are very precise
  • Pelicano wrote: »
    Pelicano wrote: »

They said defending was harder on this game but I feel that it is easier. Tackles and positioning are very precise

For those who were using manual defending in 17 now it's normal or even easy, but for those who were relying on auto-defense system in 17 now it's hard.
  • Currieman
    5043 posts Big Money Move
    I felt that the good players really stand out. Neymar was just unreal, his pace was phenomenal and his dribbling meant it was easy to get around players.

Finesse shots are still incredible. I really like the slightly reworked penalties.

Played 2 games on Legendary. Beat the Jap team just to ease into it with PSG and then drew 2-2 against Juve with Real.

The best thing is you can't just let the AI defend for you.
  • Fishunia
    604 posts An Exciting Prospect
    i just wonder , how people cant notice difference from fifa 17 ? i know its demo and all ... and when FUT will be on , we will get back to Flash kind Fast gameplay , coz kids who will cry the game is slow and boring :)

played around 1500 games of FUT and around 300 H2H + 100-150 Couch Coop games :D and i HATED fifa 17 DEMO ,but i love this THING
  • MysticM
    1064 posts Professional
    Fishunia wrote: »
    i just wonder , how people cant notice difference from fifa 17 ? i know its demo and all ... and when FUT will be on , we will get back to Flash kind Fast gameplay , coz kids who will cry the game is slow and boring :)

played around 1500 games of FUT and around 300 H2H + 100-150 Couch Coop games :D and i HATED fifa 17 DEMO ,but i love this THING

This demo is way to fast play.
    Remember 17 demo?, it was slow almost perfect , full game 17 was way faster.

Same. Will happen with this demo 18, and its allready fast now, cant wait.
  • jdros
    2860 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fishunia wrote: »

I've played around 2000 FUT matches in 17 and...I feel the same way as you.

Maybe I'm just not used to head to head, but there are better animations, shielding doesn't seem as strong, you have to manually track runs sometimes. I'm sure this isn't final and FUT will definitely be faster, but at the moment I'm encouraged.

• Mosaab
    74 posts Park Captain
    edited September 2017
    Ok .. the game is fine I like it .. animations while holding the ball are much smother and the speed of build up is also nice .. but unfortunately I do not call this a new game release .. not that much deference from 17 .. go play 18 demo then switch to 17 .. you will not have the feeling like fifa 17 is bad and no way I go back to it
  • TomAuk
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    opasni_ wrote: »
    THJ71 wrote: »
    If this game gets anything above 5/10 in any reviews it's a fix

It is just about a copy and paste of 17. In fact it could be classed as a patch

I'm considering if game is even worth 35pounds I will pay with my friend on game share on PS4.

Don't buy it then, i think your wrong massively PES is available as your alternative.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    Sellish wrote: »
    Just me who is annoyed that it's another game where the most difficulty is still easy?

I love career mode but I can't play it when you just need 3 seasons to win the Champions League and Premier League with a championship team.
    Would love to play a long career with United but I know that I is going to have won the league before january this year again.
    Destroys singel player.

Do you want a more challenge? Try full manual control. You will struggle to stay at club to the end of a season.
  • EA_Andy
    3378 posts EA Staff (retired)
    It's great to hear all of your feedback so far - will sticky this post
  • swfcfan89
    1364 posts Professional
    Only played a couple of games so far on world class. I like how the AI tries to attack more now when in possession. I used to hate playing against the CPU because they'd just hog the ball without doing anything and be hard to break down. They are actually a threat now at all times and it makes for a much more enjoyable experience even if it is pretty easy to score. The AI has been stupidly hard, boring and robotic on FUT in the last two versions so I hope that has changed but I'm not holding my breath.

Also you can really tell the difference between controlling Neymar and controlling a lesser player. Again though everything changes when it comes to FUT so I'm still expecting every player to control the same when it comes out.

I like what I've seen from the demo so far, though.
  • DannyUK
    411 posts Sunday League Hero
    Seems to control abit better than Fifa 17 at least, I quite like it. The passing has improved in my opinion, whether it stays that way in the full game remains to be seen but I was more impressed than I thought I was going to be at least.

I'm not a fan of the corners though, I hate the way it is right now with the target crosshair to move around in the box, that needs to change.

The graphics has not improved much though mind, still the same in that department.
  • a lot of people will switch to full manual this year because passing with cpu assistence is way too easy in Fifa 18.
    Manual passing seems much improved.
  • MysticM
    1064 posts Professional
    a lot of people will switch to full manual this year because passing with cpu assistence is way too easy in Fifa 18.

No
    With rewarda on the line(futchamps etc etc), noone will play manual, maybe for fun
  • the_boss_gurveer
    1962 posts Fans' Favourite
    Found too easy to score.
    I hope the real game will be tougher than this!
  • enhanced graphics, slightly delayed skilled dribbles, OP out box shoots, fast players are annoying with snake move, Handicap or scripting by downgrading chemistry by changing players positions is confirmed !!!!!

That means , it is FIFA 17 with small changes
  • Walsgrove
    827 posts An Exciting Prospect
    All i see is people wobbling on about full manual :|
  • Adamshazly
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    It's great to hear all of your feedback so far - will sticky this post
    the game is ok, though its dissapointing to have top class players with generic faces and some young players have scan or cuatome faces, isco , khedira , david silva, verrati , remy, need new hairs, asinssio, casimero, vasques, and almost all atlitico, danielo, mendy, bernardo silva, bakayoko, Rabiot,aurier,krychowiak, need to have at least decent cuatome
  • Cooler08
    668 posts An Exciting Prospect
    swfcfan89 wrote: »
    Only played a couple of games so far on world class. I like how the AI tries to attack more now when in possession. I used to hate playing against the CPU because they'd just hog the ball without doing anything and be hard to break down. They are actually a threat now at all times and it makes for a much more enjoyable experience even if it is pretty easy to score. The AI has been stupidly hard, boring and robotic on FUT in the last two versions so I hope that has changed but I'm not holding my breath.

The thing about the demo is though, you are playing the game on a one match basis. In Career Mode, EA design the AI to cycle from the CPU not turning up and having no cutting edge, to in other matches going into beast mode and playing with lots of attacking intensity. So it's hard to see what the actual game will be.

• Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    MysticM wrote: »
    a lot of people will switch to full manual this year because passing with cpu assistence is way too easy in Fifa 18.

No
    With rewarda on the line(futchamps etc etc), noone will play manual, maybe for fun

There is Seasons with full manual filter. So it's expected more players there.
  • THJ71
    747 posts Semi-Pro
    The things that have been so called 'improved' in 18 such as the AI assisted defending being reduced and the passing could have been done in a Patch in 17

Long shots are like missiles and the goalies are stupid, and the graphics show no improvement.

Online modes will be the test on whether the in-game demons strike like previous years