Fifa 18 demo is out, what is your opinion?

Comments

• SeanDCFC
    2657 posts Fans' Favourite
    Player switching feels better to me, I've been getting the player I've wanted every time so far and the switching with the right analogue seems spot on. I actually enjoyed the games against the AI and I normally hate offline play. The real test will be against a human of course.
  • Angy
    2746 posts Fans' Favourite
    SeanDCFC wrote: »
    Player switching feels better to me, I've been getting the player I've wanted every time so far and the switching with the right analogue seems spot on..

I agree. Right analog switching seems to be much smother now. However I won't be too excited about it till I test it out in an online game.
  • Nate
    2153 posts Fans' Favourite
    First time I've not dreaded playing the AI on any modern FIFA. World Class/Legendary AI actually attack and can be broken down as well, they don't just sit and turtle up and keep the ball the entire game.

Heard FUT is much faster than H2H (as per usual) and obviously will have to see how the delay is when playing vs someone online.
  • Pelicano
    71 posts Park Captain

If anyone wants to watch human vs human here is some gameplay, to bad the players are not that good. Spoiler alert: The keepers are glitched. Minute 17 Buffon cannot jump and minute 33 de Gea has a mini-stroke.
  • MaxxyMousse
    309 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2017
    Differences I have noticed are;
    - Nerfed L2/R2 dribbling
    - AI controlled defenders seem to contain with conservative tackling
    - Crossing is more advanced
    - Short and Mid range passes reach the target with high accuracy, but long range passes do not reach the target in most cases
    - Gameplay is slow, which is a good thing

That's all

Oh, and the new 3-5-1-1 formation
  • marcx666
    109 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Fifa 17 with garbage defending basically. Game feels fast already and this is H2H. Wait for the op players to be released during FUT. Pace will be the most important stat and lots of controllers will be broken in champs :D

garbage defending? Are you just sulking because the computer doesn't help you this year, and you actually have to close down passing routes and anticipate where the ball is going, like in real football? Hell, even the AI on higher levels defends properly with no more stupid sliding in for no apparent reason
  • DSD27
    5792 posts Big Money Move
    Differences I have noticed are;
    - Nerfed L2/R2 dribbling
    - AI controlled defenders seem to contain with conservative tackling
    - Crossing is more advanced
    - Short and Mid range passes reach the target with high accuracy, but long range passes do not reach the target in most cases
    - Gameplay is slow, which is a good thing

That's all

Oh, and the new 3-5-1-1 formation

agree.
  • Fred is Bae
    1353 posts Professional
    edited September 2017
    My opinion:
    • Dribbling is WAY better. Really hope they don't change it. It feels sooo good to twist and turn with players like Verrati and Thiago
    • Shots seem to fly in. Might just be the demo but I've scored and conceded some world class finishes when playing with mates
    • Cruff turn OP (It's a fun move)
    • Passing and build up play feels much more fluid now the AI isn't man marking and intercepting every pass
    • AI is much less responsive which is AMAZING. I want to play against another human 10v10 with 2 keepers AI controlled. I hated the AI in 17, it was way too easy to let them do the work.
    • IDK if this is AI related but my god defending is hard - as it should be. You get rewarded for perfectly timed tackles and actually have to put in work.
    • Not sure how pace feels as of yet, doesn't seem that OP unless you really get a stride going.
    • Feels responsive and fun to play, let's hope this doesn't get patched.

Overall I'm really enjoying it. Defending needs work on my part but it's much more rewarding and fun than 17 (as of now)
    I know it's just a demo, but the way the game is heading seems good. 9/10.
  • MysticM
    1064 posts Professional
    I must say its
    tikitaka33 wrote: »
    Way too easy to score

I was surprised how easy it was to score, i played my first game on pro, was really easy, so i changed to legendary after that, i picked PSG and cpu Real madrid, i was expecting to be owned.

But even on legendary it was to easy and it was my 2nd game, won 4-1, i would say its even easier then the pes demo, but maybe thats becuase i play fifa for a longtime opposing to pes.

Defending seemed more manual ,but i have always defended myself before, so i got no issue at all with that, seemed to work in my favor.

There was no learning curve, i adjusted very quickly.

Ball roll profit,,, :)
    The GK are really stupid this time lol.
    Pace pace pace and its demo, fut will be need for speed for sure.

I liked it, but it looks likemore of the same tbh, longshots go in as easy as before.

We will see on release date.
  • xXcCiIcCoXx
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Some things like defending seem to work much better for me now,also the gameplay in total feels better than 17.But as every year you can't really say much about the demo because the full version will have much more data to process for your system.For now it is faster and to me a bit smoother than 17.
    I don't know how EA is gonna to implement the new balancing system into the game but i hope it will be like EA announced that everything is "connected" in the game the more you play games or get better at timing tackles e.g.the more you ll have an advantage on the opponents, like it should be and not like the past years e.g. the EAC Level of a player would then be an indicator on the skill level..I hope so EAC Lvl. 99 lol :p
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    I like it.
    Can see why people said it is the same but different
  • potato_hater
    2581 posts Fans' Favourite
    Angy wrote: »
    Gromit wrote: »
    Angy wrote: »

Gameplay felt really really smooth. There was no button lag and players moved how you wanted them to move, specially the ones with decent or high agility.

It's offline.....

There was button lag inbuilt into the game itself last year. So you would face it in offline games as well.

:joy: no there wasnt
    I played over 600 games on fut and 200 on career mode. Never have i ever faced button lag once in offline while it happened on occasion on fut
  • AliasMaurice
    2399 posts Fans' Favourite
    Played 1 game before I went to work

Atletico Madrid v Chelsea on legendary.

I was athletico. Lost 1 nil. Hazard ripped it up his pace was noticeable to defend against. Tried the new 3142 formation and didn't create much.

Ball feels heavier, slower overall.

Feels like a big improvement on 17 already. Tho playing the released game in FUT mode will open my eyes to what magic 18 really has in store
  • deang07
    8429 posts League Winner
    Weekend league will be funny as all the ppl crying are literally moaning bout pace and defending, so im asumming they are the cpu abusers from last yr hahaha good luk now you av to defend like the rest of us bye the way seeing as the demo is always way off the full release anyway im impressed so far
  • Robocat
    581 posts Sunday League Hero
    I like it. defending less automated but still manageable.
    crosses felt good.
    Ai making proper runs
    through balls seem to work well
    Passing seems better than 17
  • My opinion:
    • Dribbling is WAY better. Really hope they don't change it. It feels sooo good to twist and turn with players like Verrati and Thiago
    • Shots seem to fly in. Might just be the demo but I've scored and conceded some world class finishes when playing with mates
    • Cruff turn OP (It's a fun move)
    • Passing and build up play feels much more fluid now the AI isn't man marking and intercepting every pass
    • AI is much less responsive which is AMAZING. I want to play against another human 10v10 with 2 keepers AI controlled. I hated the AI in 17, it was way too easy to let them do the work.
    • IDK if this is AI related but my god defending is hard - as it should be. You get rewarded for perfectly timed tackles and actually have to put in work.
    • Not sure how pace feels as of yet, doesn't seem that OP unless you really get a stride going.
    • Feels responsive and fun to play, let's hope this doesn't get patched.

Overall I'm really enjoying it. Defending needs work on my part but it's much more rewarding and fun than 17 (as of now)
    I know it's just a demo, but the way the game is heading seems good. 9/10.

You nailed it, can't agree more.. pace is really enjoyable
  • tvrfan
    1256 posts Play-Off Hero
    Is the no touch dribbiling/feints still there??????
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    SPAMPEBS wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Won't be downloaded until 12 tonight. :*

Are you downloading it via two cans and a piece of string lol?

6 Mbps download, 1 upload. :D It's really stable internet for online gaming though, much better than my previous VM 360 Mbps that had ridiculous ping spikes.
  • MysticM
    1064 posts Professional
    edited September 2017
    DSD27 wrote: »

World class always was bugged and felt harder then legendary.

Game is fun tho.
    Luv the manual defending, finally manual intercepting doesnt go thru your legs like fifa17.

Positioninh is key and switching on time :)
    Looks promising.

Having said that , its way to easy blindly passing , pass 1ste time shoot equals goal.

Found it really easy scoring and that on legendary, also played world class, felt a bit harder somehow but still easy.

Takes no skill again, except for defending, dribbling is to OP imo.
  • Retro_G
    You need to play against another human lads. It's a totally different beast, had some cracking games against my brother. It's not as easy to score, when both players are good at defending. I had plenty of close 1-0, 2-1 games.
  • SurferDude
    1756 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hi all how's the demo
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    4269 posts National Call-Up
    Never play single player so I can't judge the game until I start facing all the low rated OP players in FUT who can swivel 180 and play inch perfect passes with terrible passing stats.
  • I SiR MartY I
    16771 posts World Class
    Dribbling seems much tighter, a combination of LT, RB, LB and LT +RT is going to make some people impossible to defend if they know how to dribble right, seems dribbling is less clunky and touches are much better, seems like dribbling is the best its been in years. Players that are known for skillful play or good touches actually seem of use, unlike 17 where Messi could have brick feet at any given moment.

Passing seems slightly more responsive, less passes going to the wrong person or going to nobody if 2 people are in the exact same area.

Player switching still stinks, its very delayed still and changes even when on manual still also, players don't lock on to under hit passes to come shorter to get it, they just stand there, like they have done for years like they haven't been selected waiting for the ball as they watch it get intercepted

GKs are very inconsistent, one shot they seem like they have it covered, the next, they look like every shot is going to be a goal as they leave the goal exposed.

You can still tell where your opponent is going to shoot when he runs up to take a penalty...How is this still a thing? Its pretty much cheating at this point, you should not be able to see where your opponent is putting a pen, imagine a big final being decided by a penalty and you know where its going long before its even kicked :|

The game generally feels much smoother but this is offline v the AI, not against someone with terrible internet in a lag filled mess UT game.

The game isn't so bad, needs a bit of work but I know its not the final build, lets up some of these issues have already been fixed.
  • Decee
    614 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's really hard to compare cos admittedly I didn't play a lot of fifa 17 offline. FUT is a completely different dynamic. Just use the Demo to get used to the new things.

Shooting Imo is way over powered.
  • SPAMPEBS
    4205 posts National Call-Up
    Am I right in saying that this is the normal seasons/pro clubs game speed?

Because ultimate team is always on a higher game speed setting. So I'm expecting ultimate team to play way faster than the demo.
  • Retro_G
    Decee wrote: »
    It's really hard to compare cos admittedly I didn't play a lot of fifa 17 offline. FUT is a completely different dynamic. Just use the Demo to get used to the new things.

Shooting Imo is way over powered.

Shooting is fine. You deserve to conceid, if your defending isn't up to scratch. Stop the shot, don't rely on A.I. controlled GK's.
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    Not really, but yeah the game speed is set to normal and can't find a way to change that to fast. Probably on the final version you could change that setting.
  • Rogerio8
    548 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Haha this forum is hilarious.

Ok let's put this into perspective, people have taken the time to register on an EA FIFA forum so are obviously fans of the game. They have then downloaded the demo as soon as it was released to play it, didn't wait at all so we're obviously desperate for a fix. They then play the game and instantly come into the forum to slag it off and praise PES.

Be realistic lads your moaning about nothing and are going to buy the game regardless.
  • Idan9777
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    a little thing that disturbing me a lot - Why does the net look so bad?? What are we in FIFA 2005 and I didn't know?