Aston Villa F.C.

Comments

• maTTeOs_mAZzA
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    Still think Steer and Bree deserve a chance though.

3 points today is a must. We have to at least get off the foot of the table ffs.
  • Farlz
    8427 posts League Winner
    Today proved why I and the other Villa fans get so annoyed with Bruce. We can play football, good football at that. We were the side who could have had 5 or even 6 today.

1 game is not going to change my mind about Bruce as our manager but he must build on this, more performances like today.

A midfielder scoring a hattrick for us as well, all a bit mad.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    edited August 2017
    Now that is why Hourihane must start every game.

So happy for Andre too. Finally gets his goal after missing some real sitters.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    First 3 points in the bag but this doesn't change my view on Bruce either. He needs to get them playing like this week in week out. Go at teams and score more than two a game.
  • Farlz
    8427 posts League Winner
    Youth were class tonight, another good performance
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Bree has to start over Hutton from now on. The guy is quality, and I can definitely see him appearing for the U21s soon.
  • Farlz
    8427 posts League Winner
    SnodgrassStory%202560x1440.ashx?h=720&la=en&mw=1280&w=1280&vs=1&d=20170825T145544Z&hash=59B98F2D71BFC0BEF31D8CD7C2856A8430056269.png

Great signing
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    Surprised he has needed to step down a level
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    aye, even a bigger club like Burnley you'd think would've took him
  • Sloosh
    6753 posts Big Money Move
    his head is massive
  • Ryan
    9476 posts League Winner
    Terry should probably start putting his arms closer to his sides. Think it's been 3 times this match alone he's had his arms stretched out and the ball has hit one.
  • Farlz
    8427 posts League Winner
    edited August 2017
    Terry got away with that tonight. Not quite sure what I expected from him but he hasn't been great so far this season.

Lucky goal but really pleased for Onomah, I've been so impressed with him every time he's played. Could be a top player in a few years. Definitely has all the attributes.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    Mmmmm, Terry with another poor performance,
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    what a shock a man who has won it all cbf playing for the villa in the second tier, well wouldn't you know who won the pony
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    edited August 2017
    I'll take that point. Bristol City definately aren't the easiest team to play away from home.

Onomah looking really promising and Davis will definitely continue to get better if he keeps getting game time.

Really missing Kodjia though, if we had him from the very start things could be very different right now.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    edited August 2017
    Great to get the Snodgrass deal done also. Will be interesting to see how Bruce is going to use him.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Bree over Hutton. Finally.

Bit surprised that Hogan isn't starting but it's nice to see Mile on the bench. :)

• Farlz
    8427 posts League Winner
    Completely outplayed as per usual
  • Hitman_Hatton
    Expected you to be right up there alongside my lot this season.

Brucie close to the old tin tack
  • Farlz
    8427 posts League Winner
    If we actually give Bruce until the end of September to get it right then Dr Tony isn't a smart man at all. I've seen plenty of bad football at Villa over the years but Bruce really does top the lot
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    How are we playing so poorly with a decent team like this?
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    It's the Aston Villa way
  • Hitman_Hatton

You still aren't really a team as such, I guess. A lot of ins and outs, with players still getting used to each other.

Having said that, Brucie needs something to go his way in the next couple of weeks.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    edited September 2017

You still aren't really a team as such, I guess. A lot of ins and outs, with players still getting used to each other.

Having said that, Brucie needs something to go his way in the next couple of weeks.

I'm sick of people using this as an excuse. A lot of other teams have very new squads and are doing much better than us. Wolves for example, they have had players come in who have never before experienced the English game and they're looking like title contenders.

Bruce is very much the problem, his tactics are so outdated. In his mind it's still 2007, and he thinks that grinding out narrow results with an overwhelmingly defensive mindset is the way forward. You simply can't play like that these days if you want to progress. The Championship isn't what it used to be.

We have more than enough quality in our squad to go at teams and pick them apart, but Bruce isn't allowing the players the freedom to do this. He's not good enough and we need someone in that can get the best out of our attacking capabilities.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA

I think I just answered my own question. :D
  • Farlz
    8427 posts League Winner
    TIME TO GO STEVEEE
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Playing against 10 men for most of the game, 71% possession, 18 shots and no goals.

BRUCE OUT! Get the **** out you fat potato. Had enough of this utter tripe. Points dropped at home once again. Its just a repeat of last season.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Would you take Arry?
  • stickey
    14698 posts Has That Special Something
    Ash wrote: »
    Would you take Arry?

lmao, kick em while they're down