The Formula One Lounge

Comments

• Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    every race at 100% you mad ❤️❤️❤️❤️, I do occasionally do it towards the end of the season. Brazil and so forth if the title is really in the balance
  • what's your moral ground on using the flashback thingy... tbh last year I was playing %50 at some races and I didn't even know this flashback thing existed so having to restart after a crash in 28th lap or whatever hurt baaad.
  • Shaanxz
    22564 posts Club Captain
    holdenwait wrote: »
    what's your moral ground on using the flashback thingy... tbh last year I was playing %50 at some races and I didn't even know this flashback thing existed so having to restart after a crash in 28th lap or whatever hurt baaad.

Never use it
  • LiveArsenal
    1338 posts Professional
    When you race at Baku and the two Mercedes drivers collide at the narrow turn 8, Stroll gets DQed and Alonso finished 3rd......
  • Choepiechakie
    33891 posts National Team Captain
    They really need to update the pen system .
    Completely bottled the Q so I started dead last. So I fitted a completely new engine. Only to start from P8
  • Shaanxz
    22564 posts Club Captain
    They really need to update the pen system .
    Completely bottled the Q so I started dead last. So I fitted a completely new engine. Only to start from P8

They need to fix the safety car glitch
  • Mart
    8180 posts League Winner
    50%, no flashbacks, only use a restart at the first corner every so often when the AI does something weird.
  • LeedsLester
    6358 posts Big Money Move
    holdenwait wrote: »
    anybody here play it %100 race duration?

you must have too much spare time
  • holdenwait wrote: »
    anybody here play it %100 race duration?

you must have too much spare time

Have I said I play at %100?
  • what the hell is up with AI overtaking under Safety Car? like Raikkonen literally pushing me for position, when I take it back I gotta give it back.. smdh
  • Mart
    8180 posts League Winner
    @Ash, there's a glitch with the McLaren engine upgrades. The majority of them don't even work.

I'm not even kidding.
  • Choepiechakie
    Mart wrote: »
    @ Ash, there's a glitch with the McLaren engine upgrades. The majority of them don't even work.

I'm not even kidding.

Can't call that a glitch tbf :trollface:
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    @Ash, there's a glitch with the McLaren engine upgrades. The majority of them don't even work.

I'm not even kidding.

Aye just read about it, supposedly they're working on a patch for pre existing saves
  • Mart
    8180 posts League Winner
    Ash wrote: »

I'm not even kidding.

Aye just read about it, supposedly they're working on a patch for pre existing saves

I'm only in Sochi at the moment so I'll switch to Renault, think I'd prefer that anyway.

Does explain why you were barely catching up to Toro Rosso.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Ash wrote: »

I'm not even kidding.

I'm only in Sochi at the moment so I'll switch to Renault, think I'd prefer that anyway.

Does explain why you were barely catching up to Toro Rosso.

I'm pretty far now,may consider my offers at the end but I have noticed improvements, from.what I understand is the issue is that 100% engine done will probably only see me 4th worse car in terms of engine
  • Choepiechakie
    About The car standings, do they also taking in account the durability and reliability? Because Im with Haas and they are rapid, but the durability is shocking and they are ranked as third worst car iirc
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    I think so as durability doesn't have a standing
  • LiveArsenal
    1338 posts Professional
    How many races does it take until your engine performs like s*** and you have to switch to a new one
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    it's usually 100 odd laps, but i am talking from a McLaren perspective
  • LiveArsenal
    1338 posts Professional
    Yeah I'm in a Haas and I had to retire at Sochi because the engine wasn't working (TC at around 78% and the rest around 70ish%) and I kept losing gears with 60% wear.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    soon as it goes yellow I switch, you're better off using yellow parts for practice sessions then going with fresher parts for qualy/race
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    Is the game worth getting this year?
  • Choepiechakie
    Yeah I'm in a Haas and I had to retire at Sochi because the engine wasn't working (TC at around 78% and the rest around 70ish%) and I kept losing gears with 60% wear.

Im Haas too. You really need to up the durability of the gearbox. I had no fresh gearbox left for Brasil and had to start the last two races with a broken gearbox
  • LiveArsenal
    1338 posts Professional

Im Haas too. You really need to up the durability of the gearbox. I had no fresh gearbox left for Brasil and had to start the last two races with a broken gearbox

Yeah I just started a couple of days ago and I was already losing gears at Sochi. Had to get a new one for Spain.

And yes @Apollo it is worth it to get the game this year.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    edited September 2017
    Near the end of the season and I think I'm going to stay put even with the bug, I want that title

looks like it's already been patched, just needs to make it to consoles :blush:
    Post edited by Ash on
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain

Yeah I just started a couple of days ago and I was already losing gears at Sochi. Had to get a new one for Spain.

And yes @Apollo it is worth it to get the game this year.
    Good stuff, thanks
  • Shaanxz
    22564 posts Club Captain
    They've released a patch on pc included the mclaren engine stuff being fixed
  • Cory
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sainz joining Renault then.