OT: What is your opinion of Mesut Ozil?

Comments

• SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    hoban95 wrote: »
    @hoban95 your new Ava makes me happy.

I was speaking to @CornishLad about it
    Over the past year or so I've been watching every PPV, Raw and SD from summer 2000 onwards and this week finally reached No Way Out 2004. I've seen the match at least 10 times before. But yet again it brought up so much emotion. I genuinely believe he was one of the greatest of all time @SupaNoodle1990

I agree, he made a big impression on me when I was younger, cruel that he was taken from us way too soon.
  • Santiago
    21519 posts Club Captain
    The world will never see somebody like him again.
  • hoban95
    48577 posts FIFA Cover Star

Over the past year or so I've been watching every PPV, Raw and SD from summer 2000 onwards and this week finally reached No Way Out 2004. I've seen the match at least 10 times before. But yet again it brought up so much emotion. I genuinely believe he was one of the greatest of all time @SupaNoodle1990

I agree, he made a big impression on me when I was younger, cruel that he was taken from us way too soon.

I never really saw him until after he past but made sure to watch his stuff in WCW/WWF/ruthless aggression era

His match against Brock is still one of those matches that makes me so happy to be a fan. You just can't capture the emotion of watching him win the title.

Same for Mania 20 where him and Benoit are holding both belts.

Eddie was something special though. There are 4 guys in ring ability that I gravitated towards as my favourites: HBK, Edge, Y2J and Eddie.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    Santiago wrote: »

Ozils not that good mate.
  • Raistlin
    1405 posts Professional
    Does my head in when people call him lazy
  • Santiago
    21519 posts Club Captain

Ozils not that good mate.

He is.
  • hoban95

There is only one Eddie Guerrero. God I don't what I had been like if I was watching at the time of his passing. A 10 year old Hoban wouldn't have been able to cope.
  • SupaNoodle1990

I never really saw him until after he past but made sure to watch his stuff in WCW/WWF/ruthless aggression era

His match against Brock is still one of those matches that makes me so happy to be a fan. You just can't capture the emotion of watching him win the title.

Eddie was something special though. There are 4 guys in ring ability that I gravitated towards as my favourites: HBK, Edge, Y2J and Eddie.

I always remember watching him on a Sunday night heat show and although the show was awful to say the least, Eddie did his thing like it was Wrestlemania, the perfect heel.

Iirc the match was against d-lo brown.
  • Santiago
    21519 posts Club Captain

There is only one Eddie Guerrero. God I don't what I had been like if I was watching at the time of his passing. A 10 year old Hoban wouldn't have been able to cope.

Also missed the good old days unfortunately.
    I wonder how I would react to the Benoit news..Must have been a massive shock. Imagine if you suddenly hear Roman Reigns did that :open_mouth:
  • SupaNoodle1990

I wonder how I would react to the Benoit news..Must have been a massive shock. Imagine if you suddenly hear Roman Reigns did that :open_mouth:

Food for thought that is.
  • hoban95

I always remember watching him on a Sunday night heat show and although the show was awful to say the least, Eddie did his thing like it was Wrestlemania, the perfect heel.

Iirc the match was against d-lo brown.

He was simply flawless
  • hoban95

I watched the attitude era vaguely as I had toys of Kane, The Rock, Stone Cold, Sting and Goldberg.

However it wasn't til right before Summerslam 2007 before I really got into it. Just missed the Benoit incident. However in today's roster I wouldn't say it's Roman. More probs a KO, Ambrose, Styles or Ziggler. Still bad though.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13003 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2017
    I think when he can be bothered, he can be amazing....but since his move to arsenal his performance has dipped massively. I don't think his work ethic suits the robust premier league....he likes to have lots of time on the ball and he won't get that in England. Personally I wouldn't have him in my team, not for the wages he demands. Most of the time it's like playing with a man down when he's in the team....

(United fan)
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    Doesnt fit in well with a team like Arsenal. With great players around him like in Madrid, he will perform well but not with Arsenal. And when he doesn't perform well he looks lost and lazy out there.
  • EddieFicio
    21412 posts Club Captain

I watched the attitude era vaguely as I had toys of Kane, The Rock, Stone Cold, Sting and Goldberg.

However it wasn't til right before Summerslam 2007 before I really got into it. Just missed the Benoit incident. However in today's roster I wouldn't say it's Roman. More probs a KO, Ambrose, Styles or Ziggler. Still bad though.

I got to live the Benoit incident right as he was my favorite wrestler at the time at as a 16 yr old die hard wrestling fan, it actually broke me for a fair bit and had no doubt an influence on me abandoning my wrestling fandom.

I don't want to get into it too much but I really feel bad for Chris and what he went through with Eddie's death, depression, head injuries and steroid abuse, its the dark side of the sport/show that everybody is all too happy to brush under the rug and pretend it doesn't exist. Obviously it doesn't excuse his actions, not one bit, but it's a really sad story all in all.

I know the company couldn't condone his actions but I think they went a bit overboard by "erasing" him from history, he definitely delivered some iconic wrestling moments.

@hoban95
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    3255 posts National Call-Up
    There's no question that he is a quality player but I do think that he's a troubled guy. He can look really depressed at times, and it looks as though it's affecting him mentally.

Should never have moved away from Spain. His play style is well adapted to the Spanish game.
  • Keano
    12798 posts Has That Special Something
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Overrated german.

Why does German come into it? Rassist.

You are an overrated northern irish man

He isn't even Irish. He's your bog standard southern UTD fan.

However give him credit. I got a mate who's an apparent die hard UTD fan that didn't know Keane's position. :joy:

Keano ain't a bad UTD fan, especially to the imbeciles on here. You can actually have a proper football conversation with @Keano

I'm touched @hoban95 :'(

But I do class myself as Irish due to my dads side being from Northern thanks very much & standard southern United fan except I go to matches, but i won't push my luck too much being you're rarely this generous B)
  • Diggy
    13618 posts Has That Special Something
    He's a good player he's just a lazy do no work type that sulks if the game don't go his way
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    He deserves Low/Low workrates imo :lol:
  • Pieman
    471 posts Sunday League Hero
    Benn wrote: »
    Good when the team is playing good/playing around good players

Invisible when the team is on the backfoot

In a nutshell
  • mjs4p
    11089 posts Has That Special Something
    A good, possible great player who gets much more stick than he deserves. However, he needs quality players and a solid system around him to shine, neither of which he has at Arsenal right now. That's why he looks a different player for Germany.
  • deang07
    8065 posts League Winner
    Hes only as good as the team around him in my opinion hes assists are fantastic so wen the strikers score he looks good ie real madrid he was assist king but other than that i dunno wat he does wonders around looks lazy dont work off the ball and has no interest when loosing
  • Knowlesdinho
    10176 posts Has That Special Something
    He definitely has quality, but his work rate is shocking, especially when things aren't going the teams way.