What do you prefer?

Santiago
21531 posts Club Captain
edited September 2017
Was wondering this while going back to some old FIFA 12 stuff. Made me miss the days of the OP silvers but I also remember people would often complain about silvers being just as good if not better than the expensive high rated gold cards.

What do you prefer? 52 votes

UT with OP silvers who are sometimes even better than high rated golds. (Old FIFAs where you had the Brasilvers etc..)
59%
MartCampinoHolgerBadstuber ha032742OrisonCornishLadjjmmww1Samuel Eto'oAnDrEwThEdOnFLASHFLUSH1RichardDG4KHPugzillaPalacePinterAntparry92PiemanIM NOT UR MARYNeckabobo Timisss xv4vendetta1978 31 votes
UT like it is right now where silvers are no longer that good and don't really matter anymore. However now you could say ratings do matter alot more.
40%
Dan is ClutchLeonidasJBRumplefishShaneSercsKurtFrankenberryfluffymnuffyFalafelmonsterBennArgie8pye333Izzy2K17Carlos181Hitman_HattonRoosGianniPasty_11VflagshipKai9623Currieman 21 votes

Comments

• BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    edited September 2017
    Good question. I suppose the best option would be that cards always play to their stats otherwise what's the point. But then unless you introduce silver seasons/cups who would use them if they're ALWAYS worse than a gold alternative.

It's already awful with people using about 1% of the cards in the DB.

I do miss Mlapa though....
  • Izzy2K17
    11698 posts Has That Special Something
    UT like it is right now where silvers are no longer that good and don't really matter anymore. However now you could say ratings do matter alot more.
    I don't like using worse cards
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    UT with OP silvers who are sometimes even better than high rated golds. (Old FIFAs where you had the Brasilvers etc..)
    Just for a change more than anything.

I hope some sort of silver/bronze only cups come back this year as I'd like to give them a try but not face strong gold teams all the time.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    DaveSaves wrote: »

I hope some sort of silver/bronze only cups come back this year as I'd like to give them a try but not face strong gold teams all the time.

Most bizarre decision they ever made was getting rid of the online tournaments. Literally no reason whatsoever to remove a feature.
  • Antparry92
    17669 posts World Class

• BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Izzy2K17 wrote: »
    I don't like using worse cards

Worse is all relative though isn't it? If you were only playing other silver teams then it would be great.

Tbh I don't know why they don't make bronze/silver/gold seasons where you can only use that type of card. Not like anyone actually uses silvers anyway in regular seasons once they're past their starter team.

Anything that adds more dimensionality to the game and encourages wider use of the available players can only be a good thing. It won't affect anyone who isn't interested in it.

But seems like the sole focus is uber competitive, win at all costs gameplay now which is a bit sad.
  • BrentfordFC
    11991 posts Has That Special Something
    The game from a focus point is built on golds. The only time silvers are needed is for 3 players in WL. Otherwise an sbc. Should have made a WL divide for all types. Silver/bronze/gold. Enter 1 each week. Although gold will have more people there, it would also increase the value of silvers again. Only time they get expensive as mentioned is for the sbc's or WL requirements
  • Campino
    27104 posts Player of the Year
    I used to love using silvers to be honest

Enjoyed using Fosu-Mensa and that Denayer this year

Fabio wasn't a bad LB either
  • MikeyP_FC
    12976 posts Has That Special Something
    The game from a focus point is built on golds. The only time silvers are needed is for 3 players in WL. Otherwise an sbc. Should have made a WL divide for all types. Silver/bronze/gold. Enter 1 each week. Although gold will have more people there, it would also increase the value of silvers again. Only time they get expensive as mentioned is for the sbc's or WL requirements

That would be really fun tbf. Seems like it could be really simple to do too.
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    OP silvers are fun but very unrealistic
  • Samuel Eto'o
    19344 posts World Class
    While it's not very realistic the current gameplay doesn't resemble any sort of real life football anyway so I don't see why the players have to.

FIFA 11-14 were the most fun FIFA's to me as I could essentially get away with using any team I wanted and still compete. I love silvers and still use them from time to time but it's a bit frustrating this year where you can only play divisions and WL with them.
  • Samuel Eto'o
    19344 posts World Class
    Think I'm gonna get back into using silvers on 18 again regardless if they're good or not
  • Pugzilla
    16029 posts World Class
    Agbonglahor was good and all, Mayuka was good and all, but golds still handled them mostly. ATM Silvers are totally irrelevant which is lame. (outside of SBCs of course) Silver cups or seasons or let some of them hold their own.
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Agbonglahor was good and all, Mayuka was good and all, but golds still handled them mostly. ATM Silvers are totally irrelevant which is lame. (outside of SBCs of course) Silver cups or seasons or let some of them hold their own.
    Mayuka was the best striker in the game and that isn't even an exaggeration
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain

Brasilvers were way better than most gold teams though.
  • Samuel Eto'o
    19344 posts World Class
    Painter753 wrote: »

This. I swear that card was glitched to ****, I was scoring goals from the halfway line with both feet with him.
  • Pugzilla
    16029 posts World Class
    edited September 2017
    Santiago wrote: »

I only played from 14 on. 15 Agbonglahor and Mayuka were pretty tough ngl. I LOVED MY Silver 4* Emre Can too.
  • Richard
    11438 posts Has That Special Something

This.

@ the beta people, was there something like that?
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    edited September 2017

I only played from 14 on. 15 Agbonglahor and Mayuka were pretty tough ngl. I LOVED MY Silver 4* Emre Can too.

Ah fair enough.
    imo in 14 they were already less OP.

Didn't play 15 myself but in 16 they were pretty useless
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something

Still don't see why they don't have a silver only WL and a bronze only WL during the year.

48 WL's through the games cycle. 2 set aside for the above would at least make some of the cards usable.
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Just give us the cups back.

No silver WL.
    Game rn is too competitive.. There is no mode for when I just want to have some fun with different teams.

• Pugzilla
    16029 posts World Class
    Even the squad restrictions on PS4 for the FIWC I thought were a step in the right direction. Add a squad building element to the highest competitions imo. Half silver starting 11 and bench when real money is at stake why not.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    A silver and Bronze 2-3 tier division setup would be perfect @Santiago , but doesn't seem we'll get it this year.
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    Painter753 wrote: »

This. I swear that card was glitched to ****, I was scoring goals from the halfway line with both feet with him.
    Yeah he was so broken lol
  • Sercs
    18646 posts World Class
    hard one, we all complain about players playing above their stats and cheaper cards outplaying the expensive ones..

yet when asked we really want variety :p
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    My boy <3

IMG_0091.png
  • Samuel Eto'o
    19344 posts World Class

Ah fair enough.
    imo in 14 they were already less OP.

Didn't play 15 myself but in 16 they were pretty useless

Were maybe slighty less OP but still very useable, plus 14 probably had the best database of silvers ever if you take the amount of good silver options from pretty much every league into consideration.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    My boy <3

IMG_0091.png

#Tank
  • Samuel Eto'o
    19344 posts World Class
    Richard wrote: »

This.

@ the beta people, was there something like that?

From what I've heard: no
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    I miss silvers, Mlapa and Eddie Johnson up front was amazing. The Belgian pro league was stacked with op silvers.