Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• Ashy
    16879 posts World Class
    edited August 2017
    McScuseMe wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    Arsenal are a joke of a club right now, if we don't sign a top class CM we will be lucky to finish 6th, probably somewhere between 7th-10th

Why stop there. Relegations seems like a sweet spot

If we don't beat Bournemouth and obviously lose away to Chelsea we will be in the relegation zone potentially bottom of the league :D I can't remember the last time Arsenal have been in the relegation zone since we don't usually lose 3-4/5 of our opening games
  • Ashy
    16879 posts World Class
    Lost 9 of our last 14 PL away games too, shocking, we might as well be Burnley
  • Bob Loblaw
    11247 posts Has That Special Something
    arsenalap wrote: »
    I'll say it again, these reactions :D

these are not over reactions. there is a massive likelyhood that at 11 pm tomorrow night our squad will be weaker than the squad that finished 5th last season. I wouldnt even say 7th is guaranteed if Alexis leaves tomorrow
  • arsenalap
    11049 posts Has That Special Something
    If Alexis and Mustafi leave then yes I'll agree, but it's not happened yet.

Ox leaving is a blow but it's manageable. I'm hopeful we bring in 1 or 2 players
  • Ahmer50x
    30712 posts National Team Captain
    You're honestly more of a farce than the Moyes era at United :lol:
  • LiveArsenal
    1338 posts Professional

Ox leaving is a blow but it's manageable. I'm hopeful we bring in 1 or 2 players

Ox leaving is not a blow by any means
  • Flapjack
    7061 posts Big Money Move
    McScuseMe wrote: »
    Arsenal are a joke of a club right now, if we don't sign a top class CM we will be lucky to finish 6th, probably somewhere between 7th-10th

Why stop there. Relegations seems like a sweet spot

If we don't beat Bournemouth and obviously lose away to Chelsea we will be in the relegation zone potentially bottom of the league :DI can't remember the last time Arsenal have been in the relegation zone since we don't usually lose 3-4/5 of our opening games

In 2011/12 you were 17th in the table after 5 games. Finished the season in 3rd place.
  • McScuseMe
    840 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I can honestly see you all sacking Arse wengers in January. Making some decent signings and finishing 4th
  • arsenalap
    11049 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 2017

But how.. it's not even possible..

And if we were that concerned with money there's no way the board would sanction not selling Ozil/Sanchez and losing them on a free next year..
  • Ahmer50x
    How on earth can you have no money? Just the Ox fee is paying the majority of your outlay.
  • JC
    1853 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2017
    Why on earth would you factor wages into transfer fees / transfer expenditure? Surely they should be covered by weekly income as they are a running cost of the club/business? They're not paid all at once :lol:

Sounds like a ridiculous attempt to claim we've spent a lot when in reality, almost every club in the league has a bigger net spend than us this summer.

What a complete and utter farce this club is :joy:
  • Welbeck
    5230 posts Big Money Move
    I used to pretend to lack interest when were 🎃🎃🎃🎃 but I just generally feel apathetic towards the club nowadays. Genuinely think the best thing that could be coming from this is Kreonke siphoning off transfer funds this summer and then just leaving. He's a cancer on this club and Wenger is just his yes man.
  • Bob Loblaw
    It's probably not just Kronke, I bet the board members all took a nice big dividend this summer
  • VJones25
    1733 posts Play-Off Hero
    :lol: Imagine thinking the fool will sign players tomorrow haha, he won't do 🎃🎃🎃🎃 as per usual and will still be a diabolical manager since 2008 with his brain dead decisions with brain dead decision making players like Walcott at the club, soft pussyfooted players with weaker mentalities than 4 year old :lol:
  • VJones25
    1733 posts Play-Off Hero

Ox leaving is not a blow by any means
    The blow is that an average player like him is departing to a team that just dismantled us.
  • ViVaWhom
    9435 posts League Winner
    just sell sanchez, poor lad wasting another yea4
  • Dan13
    4693 posts National Call-Up
    Welbeck wrote: »
    I used to pretend to lack interest when were **** but I just generally feel apathetic towards the club nowadays. Genuinely think the best thing that could be coming from this is Kreonke siphoning off transfer funds this summer and then just leaving. He's a cancer on this club and Wenger is just his yes man.

Arsenal are definitely on the back burner as things stand. All focus will continue to be on the LA Rams as long as Arsenal continue to be as profitable as they are
  • Rhodesia
    879 posts Semi-Pro
    Start of the summer

brb trying to sign Mbappe for £100million.
    brb begging his parents
    brb £100million bid rejected

Now
    brb sold £73million worth of players
    brb no money left
    brb
  • Bob Loblaw
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    just sell sanchez, poor lad wasting another yea4
    Would you really prefer to see him at City rather than Arsenal this season? We arent a threat to United with or without him, whereas City would increase their chances of winning the league significantly with his signing
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    it's always been the board, wenger's happy to be the scapegoat though
  • Tornado31619
    29361 posts Player of the Year
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    just sell sanchez to Utd, poor lad wasting another yea4
  • Bob Loblaw

kill me now. he would cost less than we got for Ox
  • Bob Loblaw
    @arsenalap explain that one to me. should we still be optimistic?
  • iWilshere_19
    2018 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don't expect Arsenal to sign anyone.
  • Ahmer50x
    Liquidate
  • G000ner
    7080 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2017
    Can't rule anything out until the window is over as we've made last minute purchases before. If the squad stays as it is though, I don't give us any hope of making top 4.

And that's without us losing Sanchez
  • G000ner
    7080 posts Big Money Move
    Unless City change their stance on Sterling it looks like Sanchez will be staying though
  • Bob Loblaw
    in what world is this adequate centre midfield options

Ramsey, Xhaka, wilshere, elneny coqeulin