OT: Mayweather vs. McGregor discussion

Comments

• MikeyP_FC
    14666 posts Has That Special Something
    SF9 wrote: »
    Reus wrote: »
    SF9 wrote: »
    tbf one thing I agree with earlier is that the ref defo assisted Mayweather in the first 2/3 rounds. The amount of times mayweather turned his back & put his head down it was almost as if he was baiting McGregor in to hammer fist him as he knows McGregors reactions would kick in and he'd do it.

Ref told Mayweather a few times during the first few rounds to keep his head up instead of always going down.

On the flip side - the ref let CM get away with quite a lot of hammerfists.

And loads of shots to the back of the head went unpunished, not hard ones but still

As I said, Mayweather turned his back & was throwing his head down an awful lot, just expecting the ref to stop the fight

Boxing is a sport with rules. Floyd knows the rules. There is a ref there to enforce the rules. The argument you're making doesn't really make sense imo
  • All it takes is one punch though lads. Lmao
  • SupaNoodle1990
    33060 posts National Team Captain
    Sanchezzzz wrote: »
    @Skrt_Skrt I agree with everything you've said.

So do I.

I learnt 2 things tonight. Boxing is boring and mayweather is boring. BORRRRING.
  • Otis
    3575 posts National Call-Up

So do I.

I learnt 2 things tonight. Boxing is boring and mayweather is boring. BORRRRING.

There's nothing wrong with winning in the safest way tbf
  • DoD_Jester
    27291 posts Player of the Year

So do I.

And VERY RICH

I wish i was that boring
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class
    edited August 2017

So do I.

+ So many people on this forum want to be inside Conor McGregor
  • SupaNoodle1990
    BORRRRING
  • Humma78
    2721 posts Fans' Favourite

So do I.

:D:o
  • Humma78
    2721 posts Fans' Favourite

There's always one!
  • Hicksy2011
    19086 posts World Class
    Even if you don't follow boxing surely you got an idea from May Pac that the fight was hardly going to be a blockbuster war
  • COACH
    20547 posts Club Captain
    Skrt_Skrt wrote: »
    Benn wrote: »
    ref babysat floyd.

conor more than held his own and won the opening rounds, still king.

How? He lets Conor get away with plenty

rewatch the times floyd flat out turned his back on conor in the ring

protect yourself at all times, conor is allowed to strike but the ref swoops in

This is why boxing is hard to watch. Too many rules and things you can't do. Some had learned to use that to their advantage like Floyd.

Floyd is one of the best technical and best defensive fighters as in he knows exactly how to work the scorecard etc. How many times has he duck down his head so low that a boxer would either lose his cool and hit him illegally? It's smart on his part but hard to watch for the fans. That is why boxing sucks.

I miss the days of Ward Gatti type fights...
  • Sanchezzzz wrote: »

So do I.

State of this :joy:
  • SupaNoodle1990
    hoban95 wrote: »

So do I.

State of this :joy:

3 things. Hoban is also boring.
  • COACH
    20547 posts Club Captain
    COACH wrote: »
    ref babysat floyd.

This is why boxing is hard to watch. Too many rules and things you can't do. Some had learned to use that to their advantage like Floyd.

Floyd is one of the best technical and best defensive fighters as in he knows exactly how to work the scorecard etc. How many times has he duck down his head so low that a boxer would either lose his cool and hit him illegally? It's smart on his part but hard to watch for the fans. That is why boxing sucks.

That being said I was pulling for Conor bc I personally don't like Mayweather. Conor impressed me but I knew he'd get gassed. Mayweather has made a career of outlasting opponents.
  • DoD_Jester
    27291 posts Player of the Year
    ref babysat floyd.

ref babysat floyd.

Can't disagree, the guy made a career of doing 'enough' to win, both in opponent selection and fighting style, it's not pretty to watch but extremely effective, which is all that matters in the end, the years of swerving Pac was a perfect example, 10 years ago I would have put money on Pac putting Floyd on his ❤️❤️❤️❤️ at least once, he was too fast and at least one of his rallies would have got through putting floyd in real trouble, but by the time the fight got booked he was alot slower and no where near as powerful and was never gonna make May weather work as hard as he would have years before. Great management by his Promo team but sucked for the fans who wanted a prime Pac V Money
  • MisterJV
    10774 posts Has That Special Something
    lol this thread . Lets be honest if CMG fought May 10 times.. he would get his ❤️❤️❤️❤️ whooped all 10 times. His punches were comical last night.. best part of the fight . I could not stop laughing for the majority of the bout
  • krakos000
    18108 posts World Class
    MisterJV wrote: »
    lol this thread . Lets be honest if CMG fought May 10 times.. he would get his **** whooped all 10 times. His punches were comical last night.. best part of the fight . I could not stop laughing for the majority of the bout

They were good at the start but still meh. He didn't have any power/torque in his punches, they were mainly all arm punches.
  • MisterJV
    krakos000 wrote: »
    lol this thread . Lets be honest if CMG fought May 10 times.. he would get his **** whooped all 10 times. His punches were comical last night.. best part of the fight . I could not stop laughing for the majority of the bout

They were good at the start but still meh. He didn't have any power/torque in his punches, they were mainly all arm punches.

majority of them were not good punches.. he showed his inexperience.
  • maymanpele
    14520 posts Has That Special Something

So do I.

:joy:
  • respect for McGregor for putting up a good fight
  • Reus
    23627 posts Club Captain
    Golden age of Duran, Hagler, hearns and Leonard are long gone

They had some proper scraps
  • MisterJV
    Running deep anti virus scans today. with all the bouncing from stream's to streams yesterday
  • Izzy2K17
    14025 posts Has That Special Something
    It was an entertaining fight, I didn't come in expecting a good pure boxing fight (I'm waiting for Canelo vs GGG for that) just came in expecting an entertaining fight and wasn't disappointed. It was better than I thought it would be tbh, props to Connor for holding his ground for a while in his first boxing match. Ultimately the better man won in Floyd, happy for him getting 50-0 and a great career come to an end. Both of them got a **** ton of money so it's really a win-win for both imo.

Now let's get a rematch in the octagon :trollface:
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Running deep anti virus scans today. with all the bouncing from stream's to streams yesterday

Stream ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • MisterJV
    ready for the GGG vs Canelo ace streams >:)>:)
  • Otis
    3575 posts National Call-Up
    ready for the GGG vs Canelo ace streams >:)>:)

• maymanpele
  • Carlos181
    5471 posts Big Money Move
    maymanpele wrote: »

:D
  • maymanpele
    Nice ozzy man review

https://vid.me/B1fQX
  • King_Boontai
    2072 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pretty hilarious how many people on here are jealous of McGregor.