Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• VJones25
    1733 posts Play-Off Hero
    Rhodesia wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    I still don't understand why Chamberlain would want to move to Chelsea. He'd be playing the same role and would get less minutes than he does at Arsenal. At Liverpool he would probably be their best centre mid, which I assume is where he wants to play, even though his game is more suited to the wing.

Let him go

In 6 years he's had 6 good months and he turns down 180k a week

See you later Alex..

Not as easy as that. He's one of our best players right now and losing him would be a big loss

Big loss? Lol. Up there with Walcott as having one of the worst footballing brains Arsenal Football Club has ever seen. His physical attributes have carried him, it's why he's looked alright as a RWB since you just need to run up and down like a donkey. £35million for a player that has 1 year left on his deal that's a perpetually injured spack that's been stagnating for 6 years? It'd be the best business we've done in years. People were desperate for Walcott to "sign dat ting" a few years back and he's barely looked like a professional since then, this will be the exact same scenario.

Couldn't agree anymore.
  • CM10
    5043 posts Big Money Move
    CM10 wrote: »
    Why would Wenger choose to sell all these fringe players the season you've qualified for Europa? Isn't that tempting fate a bit?

He was expendable the minute they signed Kolisinac.

If Mustafi is sold, without a replacement brought in, then questions need to be asked.
    Is that really true though? Monreal looks like a fixture in the back 3 now and Kolasinac has even had to play there a couple of times already. It's a bit of a strange decision when Bellerin played LWB just last game.
  • PochBall
    17397 posts World Class
    Ashy wrote: »
    Mustafi in a 3 atb system is good, pretty sure he played that in the confederations cup too
    PochBall wrote: »
    Mustafi in a 3 atb system is good, pretty sure he played that in the confederations cup too

No he isn't, he was a donkey for most the season last year

We were unbeaten with him at the back for the first half of the season and then he got injured and was awful for about 1/3 of the season at best then returned we went 3 atb and looked better

I guess because he didn't put any pressure on he is a donkey
    Tears
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    Why would Wenger choose to sell all these fringe players the season you've qualified for Europa? Isn't that tempting fate a bit?

He was expendable the minute they signed Kolisinac.

If Mustafi is sold, without a replacement brought in, then questions need to be asked.
    Is that really true though? Monreal looks like a fixture in the back 3 now and Kolasinac has even had to play there a couple of times already. It's a bit of a strange decision when Bellerin played LWB just last game.

From what I can remember - monreal featured as part of the back 3 quite a bit towards the end of last season, and still Gibbs barely got a look in. You add Kolasinac to the mix and it pushes him even further down the pecking order.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    Just been reading the Liverpool thread, and a post about West Brom bidding for Sakho. Wonder if there's the possibility of a swap deal involving ox?

How would that go down in here?
  • Ashy
    16883 posts World Class
    edited August 2017

We were unbeaten with him at the back for the first half of the season and then he got injured and was awful for about 1/3 of the season at best then returned we went 3 atb and looked better

I guess because he didn't put any pressure on he is a donkey
    Tears
    I'll stand by my quote about Mustafi, he wasn't a donkey for most of last season when we were unbeaten with him in the defence for the first half then he got injured and returned to us finishing the season well.
    He was awful for a period after he returned from injury but it was 1/3 of the season at best, and it looks like he's back to that so selling him now can only be a good thing if a replacement is there :)
  • PochBall
    17397 posts World Class
    Who is a possible replacement though, surely Wenger isn't dropping 60m on VVD, can't see that

Would be perfect for you though
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Sakho going West Brom & Mustafi leaving
  • Hitman_Hatton
    edited August 2017
    Who is a possible replacement though, surely Wenger isn't dropping 60m on VVD, can't see that

Would be perfect for you though

Needs must at a time like this

Sakho / Evans / VVD are the most likely targets
  • Hitman_Hatton
    Ash wrote: »
    Sakho going West Brom & Mustafi leaving

They'll probably end up with Smalling
  • G000ner
    7080 posts Big Money Move
    what the 🎃🎃🎃🎃 are we doing? are we even going to sign a centre back?
  • Mesyoun
    235 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The Mustafi Deal is getting serious

30184793wh.jpg

• iWilshere_19
    2018 posts Fans' Favourite
    Arsenal are a laughing stock
  • Hitman_Hatton
    What sort of fee has been mentioned?
  • Ahmer50x
    30715 posts National Team Captain
    According to the telegraph, you're willing to sell Mustafi, Gibbs, and Ox.

That'd leave you with like no cover for that back 5.
  • Welbeck
    5230 posts Big Money Move
    Maitland Niles will be the backup RWB, and he has all the traits to be pretty good in that position. We'd definitely need another CB though.
  • ViVaWhom
    9435 posts League Winner
    i think you will be busy on deadline day
  • G000ner
    7080 posts Big Money Move
    0e60a035aae8d60472716120d06fcb27.png

skysports at their best this summer
  • iWilshere_19
    2018 posts Fans' Favourite
    I expect Arsenal to win today and Wenger to come out and say we don't need to sign anyone
  • Welbeck
    Alexis starting apparently, no Ox.
  • PochBall
    17397 posts World Class
    BTTS nailed on for this, both defences are toilet
  • Welbeck
    Arsenal XI: Cech, Koscielny, Holding, Monreal, Bellerin, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Xhaka, Ozil, Welbeck, Sanchez.

he's 🎃🎃🎃🎃 🎃🎃🎃🎃 crazy i swear
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    225caef788ae5a38e1ee455f33d4fdca.png
    Where is Kolasinac and Lacazette?
  • Ahmer50x
    Arsenal haven't tweeted the lineup yet...it's like they're double-checking if he actually did that
  • BLUESBOY345
    1710 posts Fans' Favourite
    No Kolasinac No Lacazette and bellerin starting oh my I'm done

Not gonna say anything until after the game though but geez he's brain dead
  • PochBall
    17397 posts World Class
    Hahaha why are you benching your clubs record signing in your biggest game of the season so far?

Flop?
  • Ahmer50x
    Wenger needs a psychiatric examination
  • ViVaWhom
    9435 posts League Winner
    wtf wenger.. lacazette on the bench? this man is a 🎃🎃🎃🎃 clown
  • PochBall
    17397 posts World Class
    Meltdown beginning early this year I see
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class