The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

The ONLY reason to buy FIFA

MaskedMan07
33 posts Last Pick at the Park
There is one amazing component to the FIFA franchise and I'd like to begin with a justified shout-out to the people in charge of the FIFA soundtrack. The music is always an amazingly refreshing composition of worldly songs that perfectly encompass all sections of the globe equally and its the only thing I look forward to every year...With how little care EA puts forth to the actual gameplay/mechanics FIFA is essentially a CD for me....now that thats been said lets jump into what FIFA the game actually is... the NFL Blitz of soccer games

I think if we got an official statement from EA declaring FIFA not a soccer simulation but rather a hyper unrealistic fantasy genre we could accept it and move on. The problem is the level of disillusionment is palpable when you see the ads claiming FIFA is geared towards being a real life soccer experience. Its nothing of the sort and its sad.

NFL Blitz was a video game that took an actual sport and made it into a wrestlemania mayhem hybrid but at least it embraced the fact that it wasn't a football simulator.

FIFA is veiled as a 'soccer' game but its a farce...they may as well put rocket boot attachments on players cleats and allow you studs up 2 footed tackle players in the face for bonus points...

- Fifa 17 barely allocated yellow cards when red's were warranted nearly every time a person slid
- Fifa permits a player to get a 30+ yard shot off without aiming with a tap of a button and requiring no space as it curls around defenders
- Fifa permits people to make heinous monstrosities out of their pro clubs players with racist, homophobic slurs being the norm
- Fifa allows players to take the ball from kickoff and aimlessly spin their thumbstick for 5 seconds before tapping B to put a ridiculously long shot on target that due to RNG (random number generation) eventually always goes in and rewards bad decisions from idiot players
- Fifa cares more about making player cards purple or shiny blue for FUT rather than ensuring the mechanics of the game are sound.

...this list could get quite lengthy but does it matter? Will EA actually address the fact that their game is more of a football mockery than an actual sport simulator?

WHY is it you think people care about scoring 11 goals a game rather than wanting to build up beautifully and EARN a goal the right way?

I'd happily pay 3 times the asking price to have a single developer create a game mode that allows for real soccer gameplay and I urge EA to embrace FIFA for the mockery that it truly has become.

Comments

• DSD27
    5712 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2017
    I actually hate the soundtrack every year. I always turn it off and play my music.
  • Denisianes
    8152 posts League Winner
    I read only a few sentences and there is no TL;DR, but I 100% agree that the ONLY reason to buy fifa is for the soundtrack. Why else would you buy it? If they had the soundtrack on Spotify for example, I would never buy another fifa again. Real talk.
  • MaskedMan07
    There is one amazing component to the FIFA franchise and I'd like to begin with a justified shout-out to the people in charge of the FIFA soundtrack. The music is always an amazingly refreshing composition of worldly songs that perfectly encompass all sections of the globe equally and its the only thing I look forward to every year...With how little care EA puts forth to the actual gameplay/mechanics FIFA is essentially a CD for me....now that thats been said lets jump into what FIFA the game actually is... the NFL Blitz of soccer games

I think if we got an official statement from EA declaring FIFA not a soccer simulation but rather a hyper unrealistic fantasy genre we could accept it and move on. The problem is the level of disillusionment is palpable when you see the ads claiming FIFA is geared towards being a real life soccer experience. Its nothing of the sort and its sad.

NFL Blitz was a video game that took an actual sport and made it into a wrestlemania mayhem hybrid but at least it embraced the fact that it wasn't a football simulator.

FIFA is veiled as a 'soccer' game but its a farce...they may as well put rocket boot attachments on players cleats and allow you studs up 2 footed tackle players in the face for bonus points...

- Fifa 17 barely allocated yellow cards when red's were warranted nearly every time a person slid
    - Fifa permits a player to get a 30+ yard shot off without aiming with a tap of a button and requiring no space as it curls around defenders
    - Fifa permits people to make heinous monstrosities out of their pro clubs players with racist, homophobic slurs being the norm
    - Fifa allows players to take the ball from kickoff and aimlessly spin their thumbstick for 5 seconds before tapping B to put a ridiculously long shot on target that due to RNG (random number generation) eventually always goes in and rewards bad decisions from idiot players
    - Fifa cares more about making player cards purple or shiny blue for FUT rather than ensuring the mechanics of the game are sound.

...this list could get quite lengthy but does it matter? Will EA actually address the fact that their game is more of a football mockery than an actual sport simulator?

WHY is it you think people care about scoring 11 goals a game rather than wanting to build up beautifully and EARN a goal the right way?

I'd happily pay 3 times the asking price to have a single developer create a game mode that allows for real soccer gameplay and I urge EA to embrace FIFA for the mockery that it truly has become.

TLDR - FIFA blows asswater but the soundtrack is FIRE
  • DannyUK
    411 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fifa has always been the same over the years with minor adjustments, it hasn't improved alot really. What surprises me more is that actual football players buy this game also, if they didn't it wouldn't get so much backing. If they changed and bought PES I guarantee Fifa would die out.
  • MaskedMan07
    DannyUK wrote: »
    Fifa has always been the same over the years with minor adjustments, it hasn't improved alot really. What surprises me more is that actual football players buy this game also, if they didn't it wouldn't get so much backing. If they changed and bought PES I guarantee Fifa would die out.

Never played PES, does it have a smooth, realistic gameplay with a manual controls option? If the game picks the power/trajectory of my passes/shots I have no interest.

Also, does PES have a game mode where I can create a player and level him up over time and play with other created players against other clubs?
  • AliasMaurice
    2316 posts Fans' Favourite
    DSD27 wrote: »
    I actually hate the soundtrack every year. I always turn it off and play my music.

Agree with this but the original post is spot on
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    git gud
  • Diggy
    14090 posts Has That Special Something
    Don't buy PES the music ain't worth it
  • Cooler08
    628 posts An Exciting Prospect
    In your opinion, what football game in history is the closest to being a football simulator?

• DSD27
    Cooler08 wrote: »
    In your opinion, what football game in history is the closest to being a football simulator?

FIFA 11/12
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move

FIFA 11/12

imho 98 wasn't bad either. Also 08 had a nice feel to it
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move

FIFA 11/12

to answer that question specifically: PES (the original one) was very close for it's time.

All went downhill fast when GUI and graphics became more important than gameplay though. But it's a problem for all games nowadays. Add pay2win elements and microtransactions and you have the mess that we have now in almost the whole market
  • DSD27
    edited August 2017
    bberger wrote: »

FIFA 11/12

to answer that question specifically: PES (the original one) was very close for it's time.

But I don't think "for it's time", that wasn't the question. I think of the best simulator, period. That original PES can never be as good as FIFA 11 and 12 gameplay wise.
  • Gromit
    3967 posts National Call-Up
    Tbh given how money driven EA are I'm amazed they don't have an itunes style store to buy songs to add to the library. I usually get sick of hearing half of them.
  • BiGFOOT_BiLL
    67 posts Park Captain

This.

The music is uninspired mainstream drivel.
  • ManzGOTIT
    2344 posts Fans' Favourite
    Someone mentioned PES soundtrack
    Loooool doesn't even have the right to compete with FIFA soundtrack
    So so so ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • 0113MB
    915 posts Semi-Pro
    hope we get stormzy etc this yr
  • TheAwesomeGem
    57 posts Park Captain
    Who said FIFA is trying to replicate football? When you look at their trailers and videos, it's all wonder and impossible goals. FIFA had always been about scoring impossible goals and doing skills with any player you want to. Just like FIFA Street. Maybe they were on the sim industry back in FIFA 13 or FIFA 12 but not anymore.
  • Tim1982
    1156 posts Professional
    Thanks @MaskedMan07 I enjoyed reading, you should write an article or something!

There's only one song I have to skip on the game - it's that "you know they got you..." one, can't stand it! Really like Florence and the Machine though and lots of the other tracks.

You should make a CD of the best Fifa tracks down the years... like Song 2 and Fatboy Slim etc.

Woooohoooo!
  • DannyUK
    411 posts Sunday League Hero
    Went badly downhill ever since Fifa 15, it has never improved. They have changed so many things in the physics that it just doesn't play right.
  • DSD27
    edited August 2017
    Who said FIFA is trying to replicate football? When you look at their trailers and videos, it's all wonder and impossible goals. FIFA had always been about scoring impossible goals and doing skills with any player you want to. Just like FIFA Street. Maybe they were on the sim industry back in FIFA 13 or FIFA 12 but not anymore.

This is really sad, but maybe true..
    FIFA 14 was still sim, 15 was terrible. 17 has less pace abuse and nonsense skills though..
    They want to be on the sim industry but at the same time they want casuals to keep buyng FIFA points. Also don't forget that FIFA is different from Ultimate team.
  • MaskedMan07
    Tim1982 wrote: »
    Thanks @MaskedMan07 I enjoyed reading, you should write an article or something!

There's only one song I have to skip on the game - it's that "you know they got you..." one, can't stand it! Really like Florence and the Machine though and lots of the other tracks.

You should make a CD of the best Fifa tracks down the years... like Song 2 and Fatboy Slim etc.

Woooohoooo!

Thanks Tim! I'm fairly passionate about the utter disappointment FIFA has become so writing about this comes naturally lol.

Every year the soundtrack does have 1 or 2 songs that aren't my favorite but overall they seem to do a great job grabbing music from a myriad of countries and compiling them into a broad scope of high energy audio entertainment [ in my opinion]. As a Canadian I love that I am exposed to say a Russian rap song or something from South America that is catchy and I would never have had the opportunity to have heard it otherwise.

As a soccer/football gaming simulator, ( @TheAwesomeGem which any sport game with licensing to depict real life teams/leagues intentions ought to be) FIFA has the vast scope of appealing to most of the world's soccer fans. Being the clientele is so diverse, the soundtrack is wonderful in appealing to almost everyone I feel. If only they took the same pride in making the actual gameplay appeal to more than just people looking to exploit and score goals with little to no effort we could all be equally happy.

• [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MaskedMan07
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    Love the whinging from joke players when this FIFA was easily one of the best and most balanced/realistic in recent years (after the deep D line got patched out)

I love that you can't cheese the same glitch goals over and over like in almost every other FIFA, skill moves/turbo sprint glitches aren't as strong or prevalent, 180 no look lobbed through balls aren't as broken, lobbed through balls aren't as broken, defenders don't trip over/fail at clearing balls over the top, shooting is more realistic and doesn't feel like you only have 1 option, so many more positives.

And to the people talking about 12/13, what a joke, those were the most arcadey trash FIFA's I've ever played, like what is actually wrong with some of these people posting lol.

Are you talking about FIFA 17? I'm by no means saying FIFA has ever got the game right- each year its a new exploit leading to a plethora of unrealistic high scoring affairs . EA have the manpower, the resources, the developmental skill and foundational engine to create a game that so closely mimics actual soccer and yet they produce a game that focuses more on the pretty colored and sparkly cards to get people to spend money.

' Can't cheese the same glitch goals? ' ummmmm if you are playing with assisted controls you can score from nearly anywhere midfield forward if you just keep shooting - its all RNG....some of the goals I have saved from this year are just as ludicrous and years prior...

'skill moves/turbo sprint glitches aren't as strong or prevalent' ...this one kills me. Kids use the LT/RT skill dribble to float like a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ jedi through the horrific AI defense with their eyes closed. Pro clubs players that are 5 foot tall can have 90+ strength and speed always prevails over any other stat in the game which is hardly the case in real life.

'180 no look lobbed through balls aren't as broken, lobbed through balls aren't as broken, defenders don't trip over/fail at clearing balls over the top'

EVERY pass on assisted, no matter how impossibly difficult manages to find a teammate....the WORST are clearances off the backline....they arent even clearances, they are locked on passes to the forwards- its asinine.

Play a single match of Pro clubs on manual controls and watch as your defenders collide into each other like particles in Hadron's accelerator. Not to mention they take touches like rapists or drunken elephants.

Shooting on assisted there is only 1 option - on target - you can literally aim at the corner flag and let her rip full power and itll hit the post - that ball belongs to a fan in row Z - not on target.

The game itself is utterly dismal in performance but giving players the option to let the game aim and appropriately power passes/shots for them is abysmal.

You'd love the montage of WTF's I have recorded on my Xbox.