There is one amazing component to the FIFA franchise and I'd like to begin with a justified shout-out to the people in charge of the FIFA soundtrack. The music is always an amazingly refreshing composition of worldly songs that perfectly encompass all sections of the globe equally and its the only thing I look forward to every year...With how little care EA puts forth to the actual gameplay/mechanics FIFA is essentially a CD for me....now that thats been said lets jump into what FIFA the game actually is... the NFL Blitz of soccer games
I think if we got an official statement from EA declaring FIFA not a soccer simulation but rather a hyper unrealistic fantasy genre we could accept it and move on. The problem is the level of disillusionment is palpable when you see the ads claiming FIFA is geared towards being a real life soccer experience. Its nothing of the sort and its sad.
NFL Blitz was a video game that took an actual sport and made it into a wrestlemania mayhem hybrid but at least it embraced the fact that it wasn't a football simulator.
FIFA is veiled as a 'soccer' game but its a farce...they may as well put rocket boot attachments on players cleats and allow you studs up 2 footed tackle players in the face for bonus points...
- Fifa 17 barely allocated yellow cards when red's were warranted nearly every time a person slid
- Fifa permits a player to get a 30+ yard shot off without aiming with a tap of a button and requiring no space as it curls around defenders
- Fifa permits people to make heinous monstrosities out of their pro clubs players with racist, homophobic slurs being the norm
- Fifa allows players to take the ball from kickoff and aimlessly spin their thumbstick for 5 seconds before tapping B to put a ridiculously long shot on target that due to RNG (random number generation) eventually always goes in and rewards bad decisions from idiot players
- Fifa cares more about making player cards purple or shiny blue for FUT rather than ensuring the mechanics of the game are sound.
...this list could get quite lengthy but does it matter? Will EA actually address the fact that their game is more of a football mockery than an actual sport simulator?
WHY is it you think people care about scoring 11 goals a game rather than wanting to build up beautifully and EARN a goal the right way?
I'd happily pay 3 times the asking price to have a single developer create a game mode that allows for real soccer gameplay and I urge EA to embrace FIFA for the mockery that it truly has become.