Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• Welbeck
    5117 posts Big Money Move
    Koscielny is still better than any Liverpool defender bud.
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6738 posts Big Money Move
    Welbeck wrote: »
    Koscielny is still better than any Liverpool defender bud.

You mean the guy that is almost as often injured as Sturridge? :D

giphy.gif
  • Welbeck
    edited August 2017
    literally played 86 games in the last 2 years and is available for this weekend so its completely irrelevant anyway
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    hasan09876 wrote: »
    I actually feel bad for you supporters. Next week will be the absolute meltdown :D

This will age well when we lose

We won't lose against that defense. They are basically playing with 3 Lovrens ATB :D

Arsenals attack is frightening
  • Icosa_Gaming
    I actually feel bad for you supporters. Next week will be the absolute meltdown :D

We won't lose against that defense. They are basically playing with 3 Lovrens ATB :D

With Alexis yes. Without him no.
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class

Even without Alexis they have one of the best attacks in the league
  • G000ner
    3918 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2017

We scored 4 goals without him and your defence is probably worse than Leceister's. I don't know where you're getting your confidence from. Liverpool have looked average this season and your midfield is mid-table standard.

And Alexis will almost certainly play
  • Ashy
    9178 posts League Winner
    We definitely have a good chance, 7 days rest vs Liverpool's 3 days rest (although they may rest a few players), Koscielny back which means Kolasinac should play LWB and Alexis will be available fresh and ready to score.
  • G000ner
    edited August 2017
    I'm actually more confident for the Liverpool game than I was for the Stoke game tbh. Alexis (and koscielny) should make a big difference. They will probably step up for our game though.
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    G000ner wrote: »
    I'm actually more confident for the Liverpool game than I was for the Stoke game tbh. Alexis (and koscielny) should make a big difference. They will probably step up for our game though.

Gini has been poor for all 3 games this season as has Henderson. I expect both of them to step it up. Milner has been our best CM which says it all.
    Ashy wrote: »
    We definitely have a good chance, 7 days rest vs Liverpool's 3 days rest (although they may rest a few players), Koscielny back which means Kolasinac should play LWB and Alexis will be available fresh and ready to score.

Hmm interested to see how the tactical battles will ensue wonder if Wenger will start with Giroud because of the extra power to bully our defence. Against Palace Klopp started with Joe Gomez to help contain Benteke when he drifted wide
  • Flapjack
    6915 posts Big Money Move
    As if Jenko is still an Arsenal player. Thought the banter era was over lads.
  • Flapjack
    We look really average atm but if there's one thing we've done consistently throughout Klopps reign so far it's turn up for the big games.

Even on our absolute worst run last season we beat Spurs Arsenal and Everton convincingly.
    We're yet to lose a top 7 game under Klopp.
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    Flapjack wrote: »
    We look really average atm but if there's one thing we've done consistently throughout Klopps reign so far it's turn up for the big games.

Even on our absolute worst run last season we beat Spurs Arsenal and Everton convincingly.

Lost to LVGs United somehow
  • Flapjack

Lost to LVGs United somehow

Ah. Completely forgot about that. That was the only loss though iirc.
  • PES
    5173 posts Big Money Move
    Welbeck wrote: »
    would happily bin Mustafi off and Xhaka at fault for another goal yesterday, was Alexis our last good signing?
    :relieved:

• ViVaWhom
    7557 posts League Winner
    playing Xhaka as your DM is the problem...
  • Flapjack
    Your boy Wheelchair's been sent off in an U23s game for pushing two players in the face. Classic hard man.
  • G000ner
    Your boy Wheelchair's been sent off in an U23s game for pushing two players in the face. Classic hard man.

Think his career is officially over now
  • Welbeck

not entirely sure what he was doing but that kid pretending he was hit in the face there is hilarious :lol:
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    Man like wilsh :lol: tbf I'd be pretty pissed off if someone made a challenge like that and I was as injury prone as him!
  • Welbeck
  • Bob Loblaw
    11247 posts Has That Special Something
    Wilshere and Xhaka pairing needs to happen
  • Dan13
    4642 posts National Call-Up
    Can't believe Wilshere's only 25. Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him retire before 30
  • VJones25
    1733 posts Play-Off Hero
    Imagine thinking Wenger would start Alexis :lol:
  • Icosa_Gaming
    VJones25 wrote: »
    Imagine thinking Wenger would start Alexis :lol:

He has to.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    Can't say I blame Wislhere for reacting the way he did (after all his injuries and only just returning from a broken leg)

That young lad is stupid for going in like that in a nothing game
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    edited August 2017
    Can't say I blame Wislhere for reacting the way he did (after all his injuries and only just returning from a broken leg)

no the young lad's fault that Wilshere is made of glass is it, if you can't take challenges like that then get out of the game. You start giving people special treatment based on their injury history, then it completely ruins the competitive edge of the game. It's a contact sport mate
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class

He's playing against children ffs his actions are inexcusable
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    Ash wrote: »

no the young lad's fault that Wilshere is made of glass is it, if you can't take challenges like that then get out of the game. You start giving people special treatment based on their injury history, then it completely ruins the competitive edge of the game. It's a contact sport mate

Doubt he goes in like that if it isn't Wilshere on the ball