CMS Chat Thread

Comments

• Alastair
    10263 posts Moderator
    @Wyojasond Don't worry, you've only got to wait 12 months till the new season. :)
  • Wyojasond
    17382 posts World Class
    Alastair wrote: »
    @Wyojasond Don't worry, you've only got to wait 12 months till the new season. :)

:D:D:D this is horrible, but honestly what I expected after the last few weeks. We'll be lucky to finish top 10 at this rate. We look pathetic. We haven't done anything yet that looks like an attack
  • Wyojasond
    17382 posts World Class
    Nevermind!!! B)B)B)
  • Alastair
    10263 posts Moderator
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    Nevermind!!! B)B)B)

You were saying?
  • Wyojasond
    17382 posts World Class
    Nevermind!!! B)B)B)

You were saying?

:s:s:s Its beyond sad that Liverpools back 4 is made up of Arnold (who I like but not a true RB I feel like), Matip, Lovren, (how the F is Lovren still starting), and Moreno (How in the F*** is Moreno still anywhere near the top 3 in our depth chart!) this is just sad to watch. The midfield has no cohesiveness, salah and manes runs are getting cutout so easy, and as expected Firmino looks just out of it without Coutinho. I've said all along. If we sell Coutinho we might as well sell Firmino too because he only plays well with his buddy out there
  • IAmLikingFlame
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    Nevermind!!! B)B)B)

You were saying?

:s:s:s Its beyond sad that Liverpools back 4 is made up of Arnold (who I like but not a true RB I feel like), Matip, Lovren, (how the F is Lovren still starting), and Moreno (How in the F*** is Moreno still anywhere near the top 3 in our depth chart!) this is just sad to watch. The midfield has no cohesiveness, salah and manes runs are getting cutout so easy, and as expected Firmino looks just out of it without Coutinho. I've said all along. If we sell Coutinho we might as well sell Firmino too because he only plays well with his buddy out there

Yeah that was bad. And the thing is Watford didn't even look that good it was just that half Liverpool's team looked completely terrible. Proves exactly how much of a carry job Coutinho did the last couple years. I thought Firmino looked fairly decent out there, I saw some good creativity from him, but what's the point tbf, every other player on the pitch was bloody worthless and the selfless kind of creativity's kinda useless when the rest of your team stinks.

Sidenote: what the actual **** is Chelsea doing right now :lol: Not that I'm complaining, I hate that club :joy:
  • Wyojasond
    17382 posts World Class
    Nevermind!!! B)B)B)

You were saying?

Yeah that was bad. And the thing is Watford didn't even look that good it was just that half Liverpool's team looked completely terrible. Proves exactly how much of a carry job Coutinho did the last couple years. I thought Firmino looked fairly decent out there, I saw some good creativity from him, but what's the point tbf, every other player on the pitch was bloody worthless and the selfless kind of creativity's kinda useless when the rest of your team stinks.

Sidenote: what the actual **** is Chelsea doing right now :lol: Not that I'm complaining, I hate that club :joy:

Firmino was much better second half. Honestly I think we sell Coutinho and I'm sure we get nothing in return at this point. It's just been a horrible offseason after so much promise. Yeah I just went to check on the Chelsea game. Wtf! :D
  • theroyalschamp
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    When is FIFA 18 section will have the career mode stories up?
  • Alastair
    10263 posts Moderator

It hasn't been finalised yet but probably somewhere around the time of Early Access launch.
  • EA_Andy
    3378 posts EA Staff (retired)

It hasn't been finalised yet but probably somewhere around the time of Early Access launch.

This sounds good to me!
  • Ashy
    16944 posts World Class

Last year it was up September 13th, about a week before early access came out
  • IAmLikingFlame
    edited August 2017
    Very pleased with the performance against Brighton. No real problems at all and our attack is looking much more confident than last year. Maguire looks like quite a signing so far too, very glad to see him score today. My prediction: he'll be in the England team in the not too distant future.

Arsenal not looking too hot, barely beating us last week and struggling against Jese Rodriguez's Stoke. Why can't they ever actually be good :D
  • Wyojasond
    17382 posts World Class
    Very pleased with the performance against Brighton. No real problems at all and our attack is looking much more confident than last year. Maguire looks like quite a signing so far too, very glad to see him score today. My prediction: he'll be in the England team in the not too distant future.

Arsenal not looking too hot, barely beating us last week and struggling against Jese Rodriguez's Stoke. Why can't they ever actually be good :D

Missed the Leicester game but caught the highlights. Do you think you guys hang on to Mahrez? He seems to want out more than ever. Pretty happy with Liverpools win today. Although Palace is s***. Never really threatened us and Benteke missed a sitter. Only caught bits and pieces of Arsenal but the bits I did see wasn't very good
  • Ashy
    16944 posts World Class
    Arsenal were awful, nothing at all has changed, nowhere near title challengers, top 4 challengers at best, Lacazette is getting no service, the players don't know what they are doing it looks like they are making it up as they go along, defence is shambles, really need Koscielny back and a top class CB in VVD is exactly what we need
  • Alastair
    10263 posts Moderator
    How have people found it if you want to move to a specific club mid career?

I've never really moved around in careers but am considering doing a challenge style story on 18 where I start at a Scottish club then try and move to Man Utd after a few years (I could move to a few other PL clubs but I'd need to tweak the story slightly).
  • Ashy
    16944 posts World Class
    edited August 2017

I've never really moved around in careers but am considering doing a challenge style story on 18 where I start at a Scottish club then try and move to Man Utd after a few years (I could move to a few other PL clubs but I'd need to tweak the story slightly).

That's one thing that needs a big improvement on 18, there just isn't enough options to join another club. Can't speak for 18 since I've only dipped into it but I'm expecting it to be the same as 17. If you start off at a smaller club and exceed their expectations then big clubs will be interested, you'll even get the odd offer but there is no way in guaranteeing it will be Man Utd, in fact it's highly unlikely.

You can't even move clubs during the 'off-season' where most managers actually move clubs! You can only do it during the season so you feel like you may be 'betraying' the club either by a random club offering you a contract or looking in the job search but a team like Liverpool might just reject you because of lack of experience.
  • IAmLikingFlame

Missed the Leicester game but caught the highlights. Do you think you guys hang on to Mahrez? He seems to want out more than ever. Pretty happy with Liverpools win today. Although Palace is s***. Never really threatened us and Benteke missed a sitter. Only caught bits and pieces of Arsenal but the bits I did see wasn't very good

Yeah I think we will. The club wants $50M for him and Arsenal and Roma have stopped bidding. I doubt Spurs are gonna want to pay that much for him. So the only way he leaves this window is if Barça misses out on everyone they're seriously looking at and has to go for him instead. I thought he was a guarantee to leave earlier this window but it looks like Shakespeare's fended off the interest for now. And he's still willing to play for the club and doing very well so I don't see him having too massive of an issue with staying as long as he gets to leave by next year.
  • Wyojasond
    17382 posts World Class

I've played around with it quite a bit in my stories actually. Wanting to move to a specific team can be a little tricky but if your patient and willing to try a few things it can happen. Moving from a small team to a big team is a little bit easier. A good time to check is December/January or right after your season ends. If you don't like the options you've been offered sim to the next day. They usually change each day. I've also saved a career at a certain spot and then skimmed to a date to see what jobs are available. It's not perfect but I've always had fairly good luck with it :)
  • Alastair
    10263 posts Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Ok thank @Ashy and @Wyojasond . Hopefully there are some improvments to it. I think that with a bit of patience I can make my idea work then. I am thinking of doing a Sir Alex Ferguson Challenge and basically try and replicate his career path.

The FIFA 18 GamesCom conference is about to start. Hopefully this is the one with CM stuff in - https://www.ea.com/gamescom-2017
  • Ashy
    16944 posts World Class
    edited August 2017
    Ok thank @Ashy and @Wyojasond . Hopefully there are some improvments to it. I think that with a bit of patience I can make my idea work then. I am thinking of doing a Sir Alex Ferguson Challenge and basically try and replicate his career path.

The FIFA 18 GamesCom conference is about to start. Hopefully this is the one with CM stuff in - https://www.ea.com/gamescom-2017

Really disappointed in EA, nothing about Fifa apart from a gameplay trailer that is just over a minute long right at the start, they need a new marketing team, then again they don't really need to market the game when it will sell well anyway but at least reveal the new features to your fanbase, good thing I had a chance to try the beta or I'd be pretty angry after watching an hour of that awful conference
  • Alastair
    10263 posts Moderator
    Ashy wrote: »

Really disappointed in EA, nothing about Fifa apart from a gameplay trailer that is just over a minute long right at the start, they need a new marketing team, then again they don't really need to market the game when it will sell well anyway but at least reveal the new features to your fanbase, good thing I had a chance to try the beta or I'd be pretty angry after watching an hour of that awful conference

To be fair the EA FIFA social media accounts didn't mention that conference, I only saw it on the main EA one.

Another mod said he saw someone on reddit say FIFA has it's own conference at 7pm on Wednesday. That's not confirmed yet though.
  • JamieC
    843 posts Semi-Pro
    Ashy wrote: »
    You can't even move clubs during the 'off-season' where most managers actually move clubs!

From my experience on my Around the World save test, I am able to move during the off-season for the MLS and A-League, but even then, it is not always possible and once I won the league in both, somehow it becomes very hard to join a new club sometimes.

I miss the old feature where you got a choice of staying as manager at the end of the season or join a new team. It's how it should be with the current setup. They also need to improve the chances of moving and the offers you get.

I don't like moving clubs during a manager career for this reason, it's too hard to get the right offers and from my experience, you can get rejected by teams that are worse than you current team or ones fighting relegation!

It needs revamping.
  • Wyojasond
    17382 posts World Class
    You guys watching the Champions League draw? Real Madrid, Tottenham, and Dortmund in the same group. Feel bad for that 4th team :D
  • Alastair
    10263 posts Moderator
    It's a great draw so far for the rest of the English teams.

• Wyojasond
    17382 posts World Class
    It's a great draw so far for the rest of the English teams.

Agreed. Liverpool and ManU both got great draws! Chelseas group is a little tricky but they should come out. Same with Man City
  • Alastair
    10263 posts Moderator
    So it's about time for the ten hear anniversary awards. I just had a few questions:

Do people prefer the awards posted over one/two evenings like they have in recent years or just posted as a list all at once? Or even something else? One a day for in the three weeks or so before FIFA 18 releases?

I also wondered if one (or more) people want to work with me for the awards this year?

Also as always if someone wants to help me with the graphics then I'd appreciate if. :)
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6220 posts Big Money Move
    So it's about time for the ten hear anniversary awards. I just had a few questions:

Do people prefer the awards posted over one/two evenings like they have in recent years or just posted as a list all at once? Or even something else? One a day for in the three weeks or so before FIFA 18 releases?

I also wondered if one (or more) people want to work with me for the awards this year?

Also as always if someone wants to help me with the graphics then I'd appreciate if. :)
    Personally prefer them all over 1/2 days but I'm easy going.

More than happy to help with the awards. :)
  • Wyojasond
    17382 posts World Class

I'm fine with them being spread out but honestly whatever is easiest for you.
  • Wyojasond
    17382 posts World Class
  • Alastair
    10263 posts Moderator
    #WengerIn
This discussion has been closed.