Weekend League FIFA 18..

9dal39
223 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I can't get on the fifa 18 closed forums and so I won't mention the game that ive played, but having played weekend league as a tester this weekend, can we get a genuine poll or discussion about extending the weekend league permanently..

Don't get me wrong when they added Friday I was thrilled like most other people, but still 40 games in 3 games is a struggle especially when most of us only have the weekend off work and would much prefer to spend our time with family and doing things?

how many people would actually back Monday's being added? my reasoning follows..
1. Adding in Monday means you have 40 games over 4 days, which is 10 a day much more evenly spaced out and can even cram more games into the Sunday or other days to free up your Saturday still..

2. Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday should be more than enough time to win a 4 game knockout competition to gain qualification for weekend league.

3. Being able to space out your games would take at-least some of the rage and hate people feel towards weekend league, as they're having to go into games mad just to get the games played in the time-frame allowed..

4. I know its sad but I stayed up till 6am before work just to finish all my games on the beta as I wanted to give it a true test and see If I could hit top100, and I didn't how pathetic is that I must of lost about 8-10 games at least out of pure frustration and tiredness, surely we can get the league an extra day so the 40 games can be spaced out equally?

4 days = 10 games a day I know its simple but its a much easier target than the alternative, some of us work all week, and having that extra time on the Monday would help majorly!

Comments

• KireBy
    537 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Agreed
  • Denisianes
    8146 posts League Winner
    A lot of people will agree. Some might say "if you don't have time for it, don't play it", but I think it will just make WL more enjoyable. I doubt they will change it though.
  • alex1987
    5650 posts Big Money Move
    Would be a welcome addition for me, but only if it is until midnight.
    I work on Fridays and Mondays and play football on Saturdays. Which means im stuck to evenings and sundays.
    Last weekend I gave it a go, and had 28 games left for sunday,.
    Decided not to continue.
  • Diggy
    13762 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 2017
    Keep same time frame reduce number of games to 25-30
  • 9dal39
    223 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    see I think 40 games is a good amount of games as less games means altering all of the wins and everything else, where as adding one extra day to literally run like everytime they extended the weekend league the extra day when there are problems, this would then be in place for if there are any problems that occur too!

but I work Friday and Monday too and its hell trying to slot in all the games, i Play football saturday, often go out 1 day of the weekend, and see family for a little on sundays! so its like 1 more day isn't much to ask really is it?

the other 3 days are for the qualification people and that should be more than enough for them..

I wouldn't even like to count the number of times ive been sat up till daft o clock in the morning monday just to get my games in, I actually stopped weekend league about 2 month ago due to the time constraints it puts on your weekends, but ill be right back in next fifa so hoping for the extra day!

@EA_Andy can we get anything done about this if we have enough backers?
  • alex1987
    Diggy wrote: »

Problem with this, to many people will go 25-0.
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2017
    alex1987 wrote: »
    Diggy wrote: »

Problem with this, to many people will go 25-0.

Not really due to elo they would just rise theough the ranks quicker than presently, how many consistently go 35_0 and then really struggle for thise final 5 due to matchmaking, same happens on pc which is 25 games, 22 wins which ive done a couple of.times then bam a brick wall of uber players.
  • the_boss_gurveer
    1962 posts Fans' Favourite
    4 days and 30-32 games
  • Usaid123
    767 posts Semi-Pro
    4 days, 30 games.
  • SeanDCFC
    2478 posts Fans' Favourite
    Less games on PS4 would be a bad idea, there's soo many that go 38-2 and better already. More games over more days is a better solution. A ladder system would be best but i can't see them implementing that.
  • Kurt
    1995 posts Fans' Favourite
    When are people going to understand this mode is not meant for casuals players. If you can't play 40 in 3 days then don't...play as much as you can.

If they make it 40 games in 4-5 days then it's easier to do good and more people will get 38+ etc
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2017
    Kurt wrote: »
    When are people going to understand this mode is not meant for casuals players. If you can't play 40 in 3 days then don't...play as much as you can.

If they make it 40 games in 4-5 days then it's easier to do good and more people will get 38+ etc

This. I think they should make it even harder. Qualification only if you win Div1 and remove the DKT.
  • the_boss_gurveer
    1962 posts Fans' Favourite

This. I think they should make it even harder. Qualification only if you win Div1 and remove the DKT.

People gotta work as well man. Majority of us work 5-6 days a week. No time to squeeze in so many games in 3 days. Have to spend sometime with fam as well
  • Quinn87
    1898 posts Fans' Favourite
    There is absolutely no reason to keep it at 40 games. 30 games is more than enough, reduce the rewards accordingly.
  • Arron xox
    3079 posts National Call-Up
    SO is fine as it is... it wouldn't be called weekend league if it was spread on to a weekday would it really nothing about it needs changing if you don't have time to play all the games theb don't play them you are not being forced
  • Gerdinho90
    258 posts Sunday League Hero
    if anything, they need to increase it from 40 to 50 as right now on PS4, 38 wins won't get you top 100 necessarily and the difference between 34 and 38 wins is huge considering that you get the same rewards . Of course, we should get more days for these games then.
  • DSD27
    5712 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2017
    Denisianes wrote: »
    A lot of people will agree. Some might say "if you don't have time for it, don't play it", but I think it will just make WL more enjoyable. I doubt they will change it though.

Agree. The point of weekend league is the better players winning more games, and getting the corresponding classification on the table. If people can't play all games it defeats the purpose. Because for seeing who has more time to play we already had seasons for that.
  • ALIST4R
    3874 posts National Call-Up

Totally disagree. The games wouldn't be easier if their ELO system works. More days just means more QUALITY will be in the top 100. Imo your top 100 would be much more accurate. And tbh, as a "pro" your opinion will be very biased.
  • Diggy
    13762 posts Has That Special Something
    Bennn99 wrote: »
    Your opponent should be forced to forfeit once you take a 3 goal lead next year

Ha ha that's harsh I've come back several times & won from 3-0 down it's really satisfying
  • ALIST4R
    3874 posts National Call-Up

A bit harsh :D heard they have the auto quit if someone is innactive which will be really nice in WL.
  • I think they will find a mid solution. Even those hardcore players and dabbers wish for harder, still, majority of users are casuals and kids, and if EA push them away, they will throw the money away. So, some mid solution will be served for sure, but what it is, we all will have to wait and see.
  • Donavann28
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special

*Incoming high pressure and ultra attacking*
  • FknPitsy
    239 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It's gonna stay exactly the same. I would love an extra day because I'm always busy on the weekends, but it won't happen.
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Don't care if it's 20 or 40 games, won't be playing it. I get that WL is a competition to find the best players in the game and is a competitive mode. But for me the WL has become the worst part of FIFA, I'm willing to bet that even if it was 20-30 games or spread out over a week it still won't be enjoyable. It has taken a lot of fun out of the game, enjoy it if it's your thing but I won't be.
  • alex1987
    Gerdinho90 wrote: »
    if anything, they need to increase it from 40 to 50 as right now on PS4, 38 wins won't get you top 100 necessarily and the difference between 34 and 38 wins is huge considering that you get the same rewards . Of course, we should get more days for these games then.

Get outta here.
  • DSD27
    5712 posts Big Money Move
    alex1987 wrote: »
    Gerdinho90 wrote: »

Get outta here.

• dave2121
    869 posts Semi-Pro
    30 wins with Monday added... please GOD! 40 games is just too much to have any weekend left after the fifa games. If they want to have an extra 10 games for all the people that go 30-0... by all means.