Career mode revamp?

Comments

• comet213
    2342 posts Fans' Favourite
    Why background is not changed to home ground?
    It was really awesome. But It is only in FIFA 16....
  • Solja
    539 posts An Exciting Prospect
    comet213 wrote: »
    Why background is not changed to home ground?
    It was really awesome. But It is only in FIFA 16....

That was a good feature

• Ajaxamsterdam
    515 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Solja wrote: »
    Boeruh wrote: »
    Its only interactive negotiations nothing else has changed

Mostly excited about the more in depth contracts, with buy-out clause and sell percentage. These are the kind of changes that make career mode more realistic. Only other thing I really miss is a better youth system, with an actual youth team, but this is a step in the right direction for me

Im sorry but not enough of an update a lazy attempt from EA

Agreed apart from the new transfer features which EA added nothing has really been changed or fixed. The cut scenes and menu re-designs kinda make things tedious and a lot longer than before.

They haven't fixed youth academies, the negotiation system isent great, AI wages are still too high, transfer offers make no sense e.g I got a loan offer for hector bellerin and besiktas offering 25 million for my Walcott.

They still didn't include buy back clauses or the ability to Loan a player back from the club they were bought from

This is just an early build, the final game has more to show us.
  • thedustman
    689 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Boeruh wrote: »
    Its only interactive negotiations nothing else has changed

Mostly excited about the more in depth contracts, with buy-out clause and sell percentage. These are the kind of changes that make career mode more realistic. Only other thing I really miss is a better youth system, with an actual youth team, but this is a step in the right direction for me

Im sorry but not enough of an update a lazy attempt from EA

Agreed apart from the new transfer features which EA added nothing has really been changed or fixed. The cut scenes and menu re-designs kinda make things tedious and a lot longer than before.

They haven't fixed youth academies, the negotiation system isent great, AI wages are still too high, transfer offers make no sense e.g I got a loan offer for hector bellerin and besiktas offering 25 million for my Walcott.

They still didn't include buy back clauses or the ability to Loan a player back from the club they were bought from

This is just an early build, the final game has more to show us.
    Lol ea are showing they can make a decent change to career mode, but they are putting the effort into the wrong game "NBA live" it has the one now. Why not do that with fifa shoot I don't care if they even did something like vc for it I would dump money in career mode over fut.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    Perhaps there are no hopes anymore...
  • RayS
    37494 posts International Superstar
    Bump
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    So. Is there a revamp?
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    So. Is there a revamp?

Why don't you go on Youtube or google some information and do some of your own research on the topic. Changes have been made to career mode and there are leaked videos on the internet if you took the time to go and have a look. Or do you just prefer saying the same inane thing on the forum every day.

• Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    BistroXII wrote: »
    So. Is there a revamp?

Why don't you go on Youtube or google some information and do some of your own research on the topic. Changes have been made to career mode and there are leaked videos on the internet if you took the time to go and have a look. Or do you just prefer saying the same inane thing on the forum every day.

I'm on the official forum of the game. Why should I go somewhere else to look for information when I'm in the right place already?
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    So. Is there a revamp?

I'm on the official forum of the game. Why should I go somewhere else to look for information when I'm in the right place already?

Moreover my question was common. All changes that have been made is it a revamp of the Career Mode?
  • Ripsmokey78
    73 posts Park Captain
    So. Is there a revamp?

THANK YOU!!!!!!
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's a Fifa forum to discuss Fifa.

Someone on here may have more of an answer than someone on YouTube or Google.
  • Boeruh
    198 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    It's a Fifa forum to discuss Fifa.

Someone on here may have more of an answer than someone on YouTube or Google.

This is an official EA forum, which is curated by EA. There is a Non Disclosure Agreement between EA and every beta participant. Therefore, EA doesn't want the official forum to consist of information that should not be out in the public (because of the NDA).

Even though there is a NDA, some people still decide to leak information, screenshots and videos coming from the beta. EA doesn't allow people to talk about the contents of the beta on this forum, so therefore the chance of getting beta information on this forum is much smaller than finding information on google or twitter. I thought this was clear to everyone by now.
  • Arayas
    266 posts Sunday League Hero
    Career players, you wanna know the truth? Read this.

Career mode revamp...Well, not this year, and i'm sure not ever. They added some poor cinematics in transfers but after 3-4 transfers it gets bored. Plus they removed stuff from career mode AGAIN, not in good way but just to cover they didnt do NOTHING in this game mode. The stealing of money gained from EL and CL it's still present, being a "new" feature added last year in 17. And this its done BY INTENTION.
    EA really really really really really really really really wants you to play FUT, or else....
    This year became clear as crystal that career mode it's targeted for destruction by EA, piece by piece every year, slowly, not to scare the buyers, until everybody got tired with this game mode and became brain damaged enough to play FUT (i'm talking about career mode addicted fans, not about native FUT fans).
    On top of that, the modding community it's dead for good, BY INTENTION , in order to kill career mode modding. By modding, the player can play FIFA 15, for example, FOREVER with updated squads, better gameplay and more than that, he can play with his favorite team, no matter in what country or what league. I was one of them and a modded FIFA it's 10 times better than EA stock game. This kind of players WONT BUY FUT packs and that kiki-riki soup of players from FUT doesnt mean NOTHING to them.
    My conclusion: EA it's killing career mode and that started 3 years ago when they limited the number of leagues we can insert in the game. Killing the transfers, the transfer budget, keeping a small limited number of leagues and national teams, the same 10 years old career mode mechanics (in fact older releases have a better one), every step it's part of a plan to close the career mode.

You want revamp? Well, "revamp" your money towards FUT because the granma' it's dead and EA will bury her pretty fast.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    That's clear.
  • Arayas
    edited August 2017
    There are people on this forum asking about career mode, hoping, crying in hope. OMG. It's over.
    Money talks! And money said: career mode-bad for business, FUT it's great. Stupid kids to play FUT?
    Millions! And they are still beeing born today, so the future it's great.
    Lets hope that Konami lives.
    Post edited by Arayas on
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    The world has been changed. Offline games have gone away. There are only online games with pay-to-win system.
  • IISUPERXEROII
    900 posts Professional
    It's too easy winning every game 5-0 Atm
  • Solja
    The world has been changed. Offline games have gone away. There are only online games with pay-to-win system.
    Don't really agree there are many players who play offline
  • Cooler08
    668 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited August 2017

Offline games haven't gone away. They've just declined in popularity. It's easy to see why. After playing online, the game feels very stale and reptitive when playing against the CPU. It's like the players are on rails, and the added BS such as your players shooting accuracy significantly changing after a certain amount of matches makes it worser.

Since when was online Seasons pay to win?

• Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    Some great games that are offline like Horizon Zero Dawn, Fallout, FarCry, Uncharted, The Witcher, Until Dawn, Bloodborne, Arkham Knight and Resident Evil.

No excuse to not make better offline modes for Fifa. Surely a game having the best of both worlds is the way forward?

• Arayas
    edited August 2017

If EA think the same they gonna have a big surprise in sells. There is a new tool in work in modding community and pretty soon FIFA 17 it's gonna by open for editing and probably 18 because the game structure is the same.
    So, I dont need to pay 60 bucks to have JUST updated squads. I will have the tools to make 17 way better than FIFA 18 (17.1 in fact). EA has to do MAJOR improvements in career mode to make me to spend money.
    And remember, Denuvo protection system worked fine for FIFA last 2 years, protecting EA sells, not anymore.
    Sience career mode players don't need to be online to play...you connect the dots.

And there is a huge number of offline players, knowing myself how big is the modding comunnity (offline players only).
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    Cooler08 wrote: »

Offline games haven't gone away. They've just declined in popularity.

I meant exactly that!
    Earlier I never seen any kind of points, credits, and whatever they're called in PS Store. Now there are many games that have it. And the tendency goes to increase such kind of games.
  • TeamExtreme17
    5422 posts Big Money Move

I meant exactly that!
    Earlier I never seen any kind of points, credits, and whatever they're called in PS Store. Now there are many games that have it. And the tendency goes to increase such kind of games.

No they havent declined in popularity, theyve just been untouched for years and pissed a lot of people off!!
  • Ripsmokey78
    73 posts Park Captain
    edited August 2017
    WHA WHA WHA.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional

I meant exactly that!

No they havent declined in popularity, theyve just been untouched for years and pissed a lot of people off!!

Unfortunately they have. If there's a decent online mode (I'm not about FUT) people would prefer it before offline. It's more interesting to compete vs humans than vs CPU. It's not my own opinion, but it's a tendency. I'm by myself missing of decent offline games. But developers look for more opportunities to gain more money.
  • Arayas
    So, let them release 2 independent games:
    FIFA "whatever" based on online play with its price and
    FIFA Manager or similar with its price.
    Everybody buy the one he likes or both.
    I don't touch online game, why should i pay the full price?
  • duf
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    has the bug where you could just sign top players on contract expiry been fixed? anyone checked that on beta? Iast time i played career mode in 17' i was able to get about 10 close to 90' rated players after seasons 2 and 3 for free
  • Solja
    duf wrote: »
    has the bug where you could just sign top players on contract expiry been fixed? anyone checked that on beta? Iast time i played career mode in 17' i was able to get about 10 close to 90' rated players after seasons 2 and 3 for free

I was everton i signed de gea ronaldo isco lewnadowski rebiery robben etc all on a free not very realistic hope this has been fixed