Comments

• Mart
    8180 posts League Winner
    Bluemoon wrote: »
    Mart wrote: »
    Changed my mind, went with Monaco now :lol:

Signed Pulisic for 9m, Tielemans for 20m so far

State of career mode. Pulisic for 9m.

You can tell it's deep in the back of EA's minds. I'll always try it early in the year but you honestly may as well just play kickoff games against the AI. The mode is just so unrealistic, I'd take over City for example and get an offer from United for Vincent Kompany on day one. Or you'd see nonsensical transfers like Harry Kane to United for £50m.

There's no immersion in the mode, commentators rarely talk about things going on in the season/career and come out with the same old regurgitated trash. The coaching/training and scouting is dumbed down, no difficulties at all. The interactions with board/players and negotiations are simple, rarely will you lose out.

It's a shocking mode.

I understand that they can't add FM-levels of depth to the game, but there's so many changes - big and small - they can make to make it playable at the very least.
  • Max_Mania
    5131 posts Big Money Move
    Changed my mind, went with Monaco now :lol:

Signed Pulisic for 9m, Tielemans for 20m so far

State of career mode. Pulisic for 9m.

You can tell it's deep in the back of EA's minds. I'll always try it early in the year but you honestly may as well just play kickoff games against the AI. The mode is just so unrealistic, I'd take over City for example and get an offer from United for Vincent Kompany on day one. Or you'd see nonsensical transfers like Harry Kane to United for £50m.

There's no immersion in the mode, commentators rarely talk about things going on in the season/career and come out with the same old regurgitated trash. The coaching/training and scouting is dumbed down, no difficulties at all. The interactions with board/players and negotiations are simple, rarely will you lose out.

It's a shocking mode.

I understand that they can't add FM-levels of depth to the game, but there's so many changes - big and small - they can make to make it playable at the very least.

They could implement some things from the FIFA manager, now that they don't do that anymore. But I don't think EA will put in work for the Career mode
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    I might actually load up FM again with a transfer update, haven't went near it in ages.
  • Dribbly
    9114 posts League Winner
    edited August 2017
    I read something previously that fifa career mode is played by the lowest age range of all the FIFA modes which makes sense. I think thats what EA currently see it as just a game where if you are like 12 you can play it and have fun ie do well without needing any real sort of understanding/expertise.

I really don't think they will ever properly expand on it for that reason, they don't want to make it more complicated. They aren't targeting the group of people looking for a much more complicated/in depth experience because they know those people are playing FM and they can't compete with that/ want to compete with that.
  • Tornado31619
    32843 posts National Team Captain
    I had Pogba leave on a free to Ferrera, or some similar sounding tinpot team.
  • Gazza
    5249 posts Big Money Move
    Fancy a Toon win, wish I was there.
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    Gazza wrote: »

As opposed to when you support Man Yoo.
  • Gazza
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    Gazza wrote: »

As opposed to when you support Man Yoo.

Atmosphere will be unreal.
  • Hagman10
    12296 posts Has That Special Something
    Ffs both Wanyama and Son on the bench
  • PochBall
    17397 posts World Class
    DHGzhtLW0AAK38O.jpg

YEEEEEE THE BOY KWP LETS GO MF'S
  • Dribbly
    9114 posts League Winner
    Hope Sissoko has a great game. Put £50 on him staying at Spurs like a month ago just because I assumed Levy would price everyone out of buying him and the odds were great.

Either that or he picks up a terrible injury, both would work.
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    Ritchie playing central sounded good initially, then I realised Ayoze is getting a game. That's actually a worse message to the board than Chelsea's bench yesterday.
  • PochBall
    17397 posts World Class
    Leverkusen just offered 15m for Mbappe, this mode is so ❤️❤️❤️❤️ :lol:
  • Bluemoon
    15710 posts World Class
    Newcastle win would be great.
  • Tornado31619
    32843 posts National Team Captain
    Leverkusen just offered 15m for Mbappe, this mode is so **** :lol:

What was Mbappe's overall? Because his NIF on FUT is a 71.
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️ fat Mike, embarrassing interview.
  • Dribbly
    9114 posts League Winner
    edited August 2017
    That Newcastle team is abysmal, why do you all think they are staying up :joy:

I'd argue its worse than both Brighton and Huddersfields.
  • Robert
    21723 posts Club Captain
    As if the player replacing Kyle Walker is named Kyle Walker-Peters, I do not believe that.
  • Gazza
    Dribbly wrote: »
    That Newcastle team is abysmal, why do you all think they are staying up :joy:

I'd argue its worse than both Brighton and Huddersfields.

Rafa
  • Bluemoon
    15710 posts World Class
    #NUFC ⚫️⚪️ (vs #THFC) Elliot, Manquillo, Clark, Lejeune, Dummett, Shelvey, Hayden, Ritchie, Atsu, Perez, Gayle

Quite possibly the worst PL lineup ever.
  • Jaxite
    22372 posts Club Captain
    Shelvey two footer on the mouth breather today please
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    edited August 2017
    #NUFC ⚫️⚪️ (vs #THFC) Elliot, Manquillo, Clark, Lejeune, Dummett, Shelvey, Hayden, Ritchie, Atsu, Perez, Gayle

Bit of an exaggeration there
  • Gazza
    Jaxite wrote: »

:D
  • PochBall
    17397 posts World Class
    edited August 2017

Bit of an exegerarion there
    Could you please take the kebab out of your mouth before you speak
  • Robert
    21723 posts Club Captain

:D
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator

On the phone, it was corrected before you posted
  • Indrit
    1966 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jaxite wrote: »

:joy:
  • Alemas_2012
    24590 posts Club Captain
    Proof that MLS won't and can't ever be considered a serious league.

• Robert
    21723 posts Club Captain
    Kyle Walker-Peters has to be a clone.
  • Bluemoon
    15710 posts World Class

Bit of an exaggeration there

It was a joke on something Simmo said yesterday.

However, Elliot isn't a PL keeper. Manquillo, Clark and Dummett are Championship level defenders.

Shelvey is good enough. Ritchie did nothing for Bournemouth hence why they got rid. I've no idea about Atsu and Hayden but Gayle and Perez could score enough.