All players shold be allowed access to the weekend league

Comments

• kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    OttPa wrote: »
    In seasons, you are matched against players of a similar rating to yourself, be it star rating or level, I'm not sure which. There are people with low star ratings and levels in div 1. By maintaining div 1 status you automatically qualify for the weekend league. These players are qualified in front of ppl with higher level/star ratings. You'd like to think that someone with a high ranking/star rating would be a better player than a lower ranked player. And therefore in the supposed bracket of people that is wanted in the WL.

that moment when you realise that all the excuses you've made for not being good enough are lies, must be hard. but as everyone has said you're ea fc level means nothing, im 98 and it doesn't affect who i play.

the 'star' rating you have is based off of the ratings of the players in your team, not your performance as a player. i mean surely you've noticed that when you upgraded players the number of stars you have changed?

you're matched against other players due to your connection with them, the division you're in and the form your in (i think) but none of the stuff you think is true is. if you see a poor team in a high division then its either a very good player or they're using a fitness team thats weaker then their main team.
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    you forgot the connection too

i come across some teams with just rare golds who are clearly more fluid and the ai more fluid too

some people trade and better their team and play at the higher echelons
    but some dont and continue to use their cheap sides because their connection allows them to
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    Comes across as a very entitled post.

The harsh truth is if you don't/can't qualify then you aren't deserving of rewards, so EA owe you nothing.
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    The harsh truth is if you don't/can't qualify then you aren't deserving of rewards, so EA owe you nothing.
    Connection has huge part of how succesfull you are in fifa, so your post about "you don't deserve rewards" is meaningless

• bjornheisenberg
    maksi wrote: »
    Connection has huge part of how succesfull you are in fifa, so your post about "you don't deserve rewards" is meaningless

agree.
    some people havent worked this out yet though because they havent had a change in gameplay from div 1 titles to struggling to get out of div 5 lol
  • v4vendetta1978
    3295 posts National Call-Up
    They should add in if you complete 35 games gold or not you get in next week, the weekend league should be for everyone its part of the game that you pay for not being able the access a part of the game because you cant win four in a row is or get div 1 is beyond the casual gamer
  • Alp_2760
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero
    They have made an sort of similar, offline version for 18 called 'squad battles'.

They seem to have worked really hard on making something for everyone but you have ton accept that hand outs will and should be limited.
  • Shaanxz
    24099 posts Club Captain
    I agree they need a ladder system that everyone can play on
  • Tornado31619
    33540 posts National Team Captain
    I think this would work if the WL adopted a UCL-style structure. Multiple group stages to filter out the cream of the crop from the noobs, followed by a knockout stage at the end of the game.
  • Alp_2760 wrote: »
    They have made an sort of similar, offline version for 18 called 'squad battles'.

They seem to have worked really hard on making something for everyone but you have ton accept that hand outs will and should be limited.

That is very good. But if they f**k up with prizes, ppl will rage at them again.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 2017

I refuse to believe that connection issues are preventing someone from winning a dko from the weekly 16 attempts they get.

We all get games that are smooth and others that are not so smooth, so I'm not buying that as an excuse/reason.
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    More accessible packs means that players pack weight is going to be even worse than in fifa 17.
  • benicspo
    1279 posts Professional
    Getting qualified for WL is very easy if you are good at the game. In fact, many people who aren't good at the game still qualify. To lower the bar even further would be absolutely crazy. I understand why people feel left out but that's just tough, WL isn't a gamemode for people who are not very good at the game.
  • Gnoo7
    59 posts Park Captain
    If they took rewards away from dkt's, and didn't allow people who are already qualified to play in them, then they would be a fair way to qualify. As it is, especially since they added the rewards in, dkt's are almost always full of players who are already qualified and doing well in weekend league. If I was a player trying to qualify for the first time, I would be frustrated to know that in the "qualifying" tournament I was playing people who already made weekend league.
  • Diggy
    15698 posts World Class
    Gnoo7 wrote: »
    If they took rewards away from dkt's, and didn't allow people who are already qualified to play in them, then they would be a fair way to qualify. As it is, especially since they added the rewards in, dkt's are almost always full of players who are already qualified and doing well in weekend league. If I was a player trying to qualify for the first time, I would be frustrated to know that in the "qualifying" tournament I was playing people who already made weekend league.

This is a good point there should be 2 sets of weekly tournaments 1 for those that need to qualify & 1 for those who have already qualified seems the fairest way
  • Seandimes
    3453 posts National Call-Up
    I started playing Fifa a little over a month ago and qualified for weekend league 3 times so far, first through division one, twice through the daily knockout. Everybody can qualify if they put their mind to it
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    Seandimes wrote: »
    Everybody can qualify if they put their mind to it

Naaah I think that's both untrue and pretty condescending. Gaming is 50% natural ability/talent and 50% practice. If you lack natural ability (e.g. hand-eye coordination, tactical appreciation, multi-tasking ability, reflexes etc), practice is only going to take you so far.
  • Currieman
    5043 posts Big Money Move
    I completely disagree. Only the better players should be able to play WL. Don't want it watered down with loads of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ players (like on PS4 :trollface:).

They should definitely bring back the cups and stuff for people who can't play WL but leave qualification as it is for sure.
  • Decee
    614 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I've always struggled to get into WL, was given entry a few months ago but due to a busy weekend schedule was only able to play like 15 games and won half of my games.

Last weekend I was also granted access due to finishing in the top 25% of losers in the DKO. Didn't you get in?

Played 40 games and won 18 so enough to get me in for this weekend.

What frustrated me the most was there was only two games I was battered in, in my 22 loses had i not made silly mistakes I could have won far more. Hoping my experience from lsst weekend will see me right this weekend.

40 games is a huge commitment tho and I felt exhausted after.

• mindm4ster
    5250 posts Big Money Move
    not worth it imo
    the main thing in wl is connection stability...this is down to your isp.

i know mine is not good for wl.

seasons is a bit better than my previous isp...3 divisions better.
    but still not quite good enough.

if i went back a few years my other connection was superb.
    no delay whatso ever and won **** loads of titles.

then they got sold out and bt bought them....the rest is history.
    i though it was ea's fault so never bothered to change

Shouldn't that be the other way around if ISP was at fault ?
    If WL is server based and Seasons P2P ?
  • Liam W
    2820 posts Fans' Favourite
    bear wrote: »
    No, if you can't win the knockout or get to/retain/win D1 you shouldn't be in weekend league.

Sorry that's ❤️❤️❤️❤️. I very rarely hold Div 1 and yet I finish gold 2 every WL.
  • bjornheisenberg
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    not worth it imo

how did you work that one out?
  • GoodnightIrene
    4195 posts National Call-Up
    Everybody wants something for free sigh
  • bjornheisenberg
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    Seandimes wrote: »
    Everybody can qualify if they put their mind to it

Naaah I think that's both untrue and pretty condescending. Gaming is 50% natural ability/talent and 50% practice. If you lack natural ability (e.g. hand-eye coordination, tactical appreciation, multi-tasking ability, reflexes etc), practice is only going to take you so far.

that can not be right imo

your saying connection has no part in it at all

imo connection is the main percentage naturally depending on how bad it is

ive played games v some really bad players who just dribble with one player and knew i couldnt win.
    every time my player received the ball he took an age to control it and make an accruate pass.

if i tried to make the pass quicker it would be misplaced.

you could see the difference.

imo there is a variance in delay from connection to connection.
    some have stable consisntent connections on certain routes...others dont.

i know because ive had the consistently good gameplay on another connection.
  • PiotrLolo
    3529 posts National Call-Up
    bear wrote: »
    No, if you can't win the knockout or get to/retain/win D1 you shouldn't be in weekend league.

I disagree. DKT's are hard. I managed to win it only 3 times but in the WL I have no problem with doing at least Gold 3.
  • Fcdublin44
    65 posts Park Captain
    Holy run on

Laughed out loud at work at this.
  • mindm4ster
    edited August 2017
    not worth it imo

Well with EA's genius matchmaking when you play someone from SA or Asia data needs to travel back and forth that distance causing all that ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
    With servers is only server who would need to deal with that -isn't that right ?
    Also the usage of bandwidth in P2P is higher
  • RemyS
    922 posts Professional
    ZZGSW wrote: »
    Think of WL as the Champions League. You have to qualify. Easiest way , now , is to get promoted from div 3 to div 2.
    It was ; from div 2 to div 1 earlier , but not anymore.
    Maybe then we would need an Europa league, with lower prizes but easier to access. I'm also quite new, played for only 6 monthes, but quite a lot. Now I'm a bit better but still suck, best I reached is Div 3, I'd say I'm a Div 4 player (can get promoted or relagated from there, while holding div3 looks hard and getting promoted in 5 quite easy). I didn't try much DKT as I was mostly loosing when I tried , but I think now my level is maybe enough to try it, I sometimes beat players with tots marquinos or similar ones, so people able to qualfy though these.
    I'd have enjoyed to be able to play something else than Divisions, so something "between" these and WL would be nice.

• bjornheisenberg
    not worth it imo

Well with EA's genius matchmaking when you play someone from SA or Asia data needs to travel back and forth that distance causing all that ****.
    With servers is only server who would need to deal with that -isn't that right ?

if people wanna play with red bars thats their call...i wont....you aint getting green bars if your gonna play from SA to asia for instance....just quit and re search for a game.( there could be an issue with floating ip's)...this could be partially ea's fault or the geolocator they use...could be a cheaper one for instance who then dont update floating ips quickly.
    server traffic to another country still needs to pass through a tier 1 which has an agreement attached.
    a bad isp will have a bad agreement.

saying that my isp p2p within spain is not too bad...today is a bit mixed.
  • mindm4ster
    not worth it imo

Well with EA's genius matchmaking when you play someone from SA or Asia data needs to travel back and forth that distance causing all that ****.

if people wanna play with red bars thats their call...i wont....you aint getting green bars if your gonna play from SA to asia for instance....just quit and re search for a game.( there could be an issue with floating ip's)...this could be partially ea's fault or the geolocator they use...could be a cheaper one for instance who then dont update floating ips quickly.
    server traffic to another country still needs to pass through a tier 1 which has an agreement attached.
    a bad isp will have a bad agreement.

saying that my isp p2p within spain is not too bad...today is a bit mixed.

I only play with 4 (?) bars
    I've never played with 5 bars - even with people from my country
    But honestly I see no difference between 4 and 3,2 bars because for fun I've tried to play games with 2,3 bars and there was no difference so I guess that connection-meter is useless