How do I get big post?
  • Alastair
    10263 posts Moderator
    Kyle wrote: »
    How do I get big post?

What do you mean @kyle?
  • Chris
    5669 posts Big Money Move
    Im looking forward to the FIFA 18 CM forums, I'm gunna try and do the Sunderland League 2 one again, I know I started it last year, but I want to finish it, so will just have to tweak the story a bit to match real life events
  • Ashy
    16944 posts World Class
    Can we also sort out a Fantasy Premier League draft please?

Sounds like a cool new addition
  • Chris
    Ashy wrote: »

This would be dope
  • Wyojasond
    17382 posts World Class

giphy.gif
  • b4usiddhu2
    595 posts An Exciting Prospect

Yes, down for it.
    Do we have the normal fantasy league set up this year yet?
  • Chris
    Alastair wrote: »
    Chris wrote: »
    Just mods getting signatures - love it.

Shame some of them don't follow the rules and include a message saying we don't work for EA. :shifty:

Didnt even read that post, I think this one works just as well

• IAmLikingFlame
    3875 posts National Call-Up

Shame some of them don't follow the rules and include a message saying we don't work for EA. :shifty:

Part of me wants to PM you saying "FICKS DA GAiM!!!1!!1!1!"
  • Alastair
    10263 posts Moderator
    edited July 2017
    Having spoken to some mods who've played draft style fantasy football games before I do have a couple of hesitations about whether we could run one. Basically what they've said is:

- We need 6-8 people (too many and everyone ends up with one decent player and 14 nobodies).
    - Everyone needs to be active all year as you will need to set your team every week
    - Everyone would need to be available at the same for the draft which will probably take about 2 hours

If we can get enough people who will be active then it'd be worth a try.

It probably does if you want to be demodded. :tongue:
  • Ashy
    16944 posts World Class
    Having spoken to some mods who've played draft style fantasy football games before I do have a couple of hesitations about whether we could run one. Basically what they've said is:

- We need 6-8 people (too many and everyone ends up with one decent player and 14 nobodies).
    - Everyone needs to be active all year as you will need to set your team every week
    - Everyone would need to be available at the same for the draft which will probably take about 2 hours

I don't think the official Fantasy PL one is that complicated, the draft might take 1-2 hours if we get 6-8 people, 6 would be perfect imo. If a person isn't active during the draft it will automatically choose the player for them based on their watch list. You can also reduce the time of picking from 90 seconds to 60 or 30 to make it faster.

And yea be active all year to make any free transfers to the team and stuff, I'd definitely up for it, I've joined a public one but would like a private one here

Me, Jason, Sidd, Chris, Alastair, that's 5
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6220 posts Big Money Move

I don't think the official Fantasy PL one is that complicated, the draft might take 1-2 hours if we get 6-8 people, 6 would be perfect imo. If a person isn't active during the draft it will automatically choose the player for them based on their watch list. You can also reduce the time of picking from 90 seconds to 60 or 30 to make it faster.

And yea be active all year to make any free transfers to the team and stuff, I'd definitely up for it, I've joined a public one but would like a private one here

If we do go with one I'd be interested in it as well, makes it 6. :)
  • Chris

Part of me wants to PM you saying "FICKS DA GAiM!!!1!!1!1!"
    That's about as articulated as the PMs get honestly
  • JamieC
    843 posts Semi-Pro

If we do go with one I'd be interested in it as well, makes it 6. :)

I'd be interested as well! :smiley:
  • Chris
    MHLNH4J.png

Talk about a huge game :o
  • Chris
    I'm Sunderland btw if you couldn't tell
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6220 posts Big Money Move
    MHLNH4J.png

Talk about a huge game :o
    Still got promotion though whatever happens but yeah big final game of the season :p
  • Alastair
    10263 posts Moderator
    I'll make a draft league tonight/tomorrow morning then. When would everyone like to do the actual draft? One evening this weekend or the early part of next week? I would guess 7/8pm uk time would work well for both the US and Aus but if not then suggest a better time.
  • b4usiddhu2
    595 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's fine for me this weekend and I am on East Coast of the US, so those times work for me.
  • Ashy
    16944 posts World Class
    I think closer to the season starts to allow more transfers to happen, next weekend would work
  • Alastair
    10263 posts Moderator
    I think closer to the season starts to allow more transfers to happen, next weekend would work

If we wanted to do it later I wouldn't be able to do it at a weekend, it'd have to ideally be during the week (Tuesday-Thursday) for me.
  • Ashy
    16944 posts World Class

If we wanted to do it later I wouldn't be able to do it at a weekend, it'd have to ideally be during the week (Tuesday-Thursday) for me.

I'm good whenever really, start of the week works better for me anyway, when you set it up you can change the draft time anyway so maybe pick a template time like this Sunday to allow us to create a watch list and just change it to whatever people want
  • Virtual_K
    1984 posts Play-Off Hero
    Howdy all, it's been awhile.

I have an English Premier League question:

I understand how teams qualify for Champions League and Europa League at the end of the season, but I need a little clarification with Manchester United having won the Europa League. My understanding is that Manchester United qualify for the Champions League giving the EPL a fifth Champions League spot. My question is whether another higher seeded team then gets that third Europa League spot or if it just remains Arsenal and Everton?
  • Ashy
    16944 posts World Class
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Howdy all, it's been awhile.

I have an English Premier League question:

I understand how teams qualify for Champions League and Europa League at the end of the season, but I need a little clarification with Manchester United having won the Europa League. My understanding is that Manchester United qualify for the Champions League giving the EPL a fifth Champions League spot. My question is whether another higher seeded team then gets that third Europa League spot or if it just remains Arsenal and Everton?

I believe it's just Arsenal and Everton
  • Virtual_K
    1984 posts Play-Off Hero

I believe it's just Arsenal and Everton

Thanks, I figured as much. Just trying to sort out the logic in a few of my Excel formulas. I should probably spend more time learning Photoshop. :#

• Wyojasond
    17382 posts World Class
    Finally. The new season is almost upon us. Ready for this 🎃🎃🎃🎃 poor transfer window to be over :D I've got Tottenham and Man City as the heavy favorites this year. For some reason I think Chelsea is gonna have some internal issues. ManU is stacked but just don't seem cohesive. Arsenal will be interesting to watch. Think they might play with a purpose this year. Everton has made some impressive signings but still think they are only the 6th best team. Liverpools transfer window has been a joke, but excited about Salah and Mane burning down the sidelines. If we stay healthy we're a threat, but I still don't think we go higher than 4th this year. Do all the games kick off on Saturday or are there some on Friday as well? Need to go google the schedule. Lol
  • Ashy
    16944 posts World Class
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    Finally. The new season is almost upon us. Ready for this **** poor transfer window to be over :D I've got Tottenham and Man City as the heavy favorites this year. For some reason I think Chelsea is gonna have some internal issues. ManU is stacked but just don't seem cohesive. Arsenal will be interesting to watch. Think they might play with a purpose this year. Everton has made some impressive signings but still think they are only the 6th best team. Liverpools transfer window has been a joke, but excited about Salah and Mane burning down the sidelines. If we stay healthy we're a threat, but I still don't think we go higher than 4th this year. Do all the games kick off on Saturday or are there some on Friday as well? Need to go google the schedule. Lol

Arsenal v Leicester will kick off the PL season Friday at 7:45pm other games on Saturday and Sunday

Still 3 weeks of the window left with lots to happen but I think City look like the favourites, can see them smashing teams by 3 or more goals with their attack, Man Utd look a lot better, strong midfield and a striker that will kill off the game against weaker teams, Arsenal look quite good I think and have a proper striker now, Chelsea look very light in depth and no world class striker will cause them problems, Spurs will be the most settled but Wembley will play a big part, bigger pitch and it's like playing 38 away games, Liverpool look light in depth too and Coutinho looks gone

1. Man City
    2. Man Utd
    3. Arsenal
    4. Tottenham
    5. Chelsea
    6. Liverpool
    7. Everton

Based on what we know so far
  • Wyojasond
    17382 posts World Class
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    Finally. The new season is almost upon us. Ready for this **** poor transfer window to be over :D I've got Tottenham and Man City as the heavy favorites this year. For some reason I think Chelsea is gonna have some internal issues. ManU is stacked but just don't seem cohesive. Arsenal will be interesting to watch. Think they might play with a purpose this year. Everton has made some impressive signings but still think they are only the 6th best team. Liverpools transfer window has been a joke, but excited about Salah and Mane burning down the sidelines. If we stay healthy we're a threat, but I still don't think we go higher than 4th this year. Do all the games kick off on Saturday or are there some on Friday as well? Need to go google the schedule. Lol

Arsenal v Leicester will kick off the PL season Friday at 7:45pm other games on Saturday and Sunday

Still 3 weeks of the window left with lots to happen but I think City look like the favourites, can see them smashing teams by 3 or more goals with their attack, Man Utd look a lot better, strong midfield and a striker that will kill off the game against weaker teams, Arsenal look quite good I think and have a proper striker now, Chelsea look very light in depth and no world class striker will cause them problems, Spurs will be the most settled but Wembley will play a big part, bigger pitch and it's like playing 38 away games, Liverpool look light in depth too and Coutinho looks gone

1. Man City
    2. Man Utd
    3. Arsenal
    4. Tottenham
    5. Chelsea
    6. Liverpool
    7. Everton

Based on what we know so far

I forgot Tottenham is in Wembley all season. I honestly think we keep Coutinho this season. He wants a move to Barcelona but he's not pushing for it and he has no release clause so I think Klopp keeps him for one more season. Some great talent has been added this year. Hope more than anything we get a great title battle. Still think it's Man City or Tottenham in the end
  • IAmLikingFlame
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    1. Wimbledon FC
    2. Hereford (Hi @Alastair :D )
    3. The Moldovan National Team
    4. Sunderland
    5. Emile Heskey
    6. Mysterious Dwarves (no, really)
    7. Barca
  • Chris
    edited August 2017
    Honestly, I reckon if Liverpool can bring in a top class striker, and maybe a defender and a CM, they can really push for the title this season.

As it stands;

1. Man Utd
    2. Man City
    3. Liverpool
    4. Chelsea
    5. Tottenham
    6. Arsenal
    7. Everton
    8. Leicester
    9. Bournemouth
    10. West Ham
    11. West Brom
    12. Stoke City
    13. Watford
    14. Crystal Palace
    15. Brighton
    16. Newcastle
    17. Swansea
    18. Brighton
    19. Burnley
    20. Huddersfield

I'm probably being too mean to Arsenal, but like, I think Lacazette will flop hard

This discussion has been closed.