The Beer Thread

Comments

• Arango
    47 posts Last Pick at the Park
    The moment when you wait 4 a sale so you can pick up some Heineken over in the netherlands so you can try it
  • Arango
    So I'm enjoying one of these atm.
    I guess it's a seasonal release or something, not really sure as the local shop called it "limited release".
    27359-39640-v4_product_img.jpg
    I'm a huge fan of Weihenstephaner beers in general and their regular Hefeweissbier is my personal favorite, so I had to give this one a go.

Overall, it's tastes pretty much exactly like the original one except maybe a bit lighter. But even though it tastes a bit lighter, it packs a serious punch at 7.5% ABV. :open_mouth:

It's a great beer, and if you are a fan of their stuff and have never tried it is worth it for sure, but I still think I prefer the original one just by a tad because it has a bit more flavor and a better mouth feel. :)

@maxwms have you ever tried this? :)
    @MaddMike3711
    Found it in a store holt moly 2,49€ for 0,33l here. Does it taste like banana???
  • maxwms
    2519 posts Fans' Favourite
    Arango wrote: »
    I guess it's a seasonal release or something, not really sure as the local shop called it "limited release".
    I'm a huge fan of Weihenstephaner beers in general and their regular Hefeweissbier is my personal favorite, so I had to give this one a go.

Overall, it's tastes pretty much exactly like the original one except maybe a bit lighter. But even though it tastes a bit lighter, it packs a serious punch at 7.5% ABV. :open_mouth:

It's a great beer, and if you are a fan of their stuff and have never tried it is worth it for sure, but I still think I prefer the original one just by a tad because it has a bit more flavor and a better mouth feel. :)

@MaddMike3711
    Found it in a store holt moly 2,49€ for 0,33l here. Does it taste like banana???

Aren't you German?
  • MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something

@MaddMike3711
    @Arango It tastes a bit like banana yeah buddy, but as I said in my review it tastes like a watered down version of their original Hefeweissbier.
    With that said, it packs way more of a punch and if you have 2-3 of them I wouldn't drive for a while :D

Also, having some Surly #Merica beer tonight.
    I'm not a huge fan of the whole American "craft beer" scene and probably never will be, but after visiting their brewery about a week ago, it gave me a lot more appreciation for their stuff. :)
  • Arango
    maxwms wrote: »

@MaddMike3711

Aren't you German?

Yes why?
  • maxwms

@MaddMike3711

Aren't you German?

Yes why?

How can Weihenstephaner possibly be 2,49€?

More like 0,89€. That's the normal price
  • Arango
    edited June 2017

@MaddMike3711

Aren't you German?

Yes why?

Its a region thing. Weißbier for example is cheaper in Bavaria. Plus this seems to be a Special Edition
  • MaddMike3711
    edited June 2017
    Having Hofbräu Munich (my favorite) tonight! :innocent:
  • ColeWorld
    10669 posts Has That Special Something

@MaddMike3711

Aren't you German?

Yes why?

Its a region thing. Weißbier for example is cheaper in Bavaria. Plus this seems to be a Special Edition

where you from? I'm living nowhere near bavaria and get Weihenstephaner for 0,99€
  • maxwms
    ColeWorld wrote: »

@MaddMike3711

Aren't you German?

Yes why?

where you from? I'm living nowhere near bavaria and get Weihenstephaner for 0,99€

Exactly. I'm from Bavaria but it doesn't really matter where you're from. Germany = Germany. You don't import it so prices are the same everywhere
  • Arango

@MaddMike3711

Aren't you German?

Yes why?

Near Mönchengladbach
  • ColeWorld

@MaddMike3711

Aren't you German?

Yes why?

Near Mönchengladbach

I'm living even farther away from Bavaria so your shop is **** mate. 2,49 is fuel station price
  • maxwms

@MaddMike3711

Aren't you German?

Yes why?

Near Mönchengladbach

I'm living even farther away from Bavaria so your shop is **** mate. 2,49 is fuel station price

Forreal. No German supermarket sells German beer for more than 1€/0.5L

Dude probably bought at a gas station
  • ColeWorld
    Had some Maß Augustiner last night. Not my favourite beer tbh. Drinkable but wouldn't buy it.
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    Bought some Tesco Value bitter to see what a beer that costs 25p a can is like, turns out its revolting
  • james2060
    2852 posts Fans' Favourite
    Don't think I could do that even if I was desperate
  • MaddMike3711
    edited July 2017
    Wtf, so they changed the bottles and label on Hofbräu Munich beers now, and I don't like it. :neutral:
    Instead of being in green bottles now, it's brown. And instead of that cool old font, it looks cheap like something you would print off your PC at home.

@maxwms @ColeWorld #GermanFriends
    I'll post a side by side when I get home.
  • maxwms
    Wtf, so they changed the bottles and label on Hofbräu Munich beers now, and I don't like it. :neutral:
    Instead of being in green bottles now, it's brown. And instead of that cool old font, it looks cheap like something you would print off your PC at home.

Beer bottles are usually always brown. Don't know why the Hofbräu one was green.
    Tag me when you post it bro
  • HolgerBadstuber
    Brown bottles are always better
  • MaddMike3711

Beer bottles are usually always brown. Don't know why the Hofbräu one was green.
    Tag me when you post it bro
    Sorry forgot to post the pic, I'll take one now. :joy:
  • MaddMike3711
  • Antparry92
    17882 posts World Class
    Any of the UK lads enjoy the Lidl selection of ales? Particularly fond of the purple panther which is their porter
  • Arango
    29676777wy.jpg

The taste was so good :'(
  • Lard_Lad
    12630 posts Has That Special Something
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Any of the UK lads enjoy the Lidl selection of ales? Particularly fond of the purple panther which is their porter

Can't beat Aldi's Bottles of Taurus, 2 litres for £2
  • Sabo
    6818 posts Big Money Move

Always thought it would be naff but I might have to give it a go if the beer thread regulars rate it
  • Antparry92
    17882 posts World Class
    Sabo wrote: »

Always thought it would be naff but I might have to give it a go if the beer thread regulars rate it

Only quote me on the porter haha
    Tried the IPA which was alrightish. Not tried the amber or ruby yet though
  • HolgerBadstuber

Never tried Lidl but B&M has a quality ale selection, Oakham Citra is like £1.50
  • MaddMike3711
    It's here boys! @maxwms @ColeWorld @Orison :love: :love: :love:

R4PueOZ.jpg
  • ColeWorld
    It's here boys! @maxwms @ColeWorld @Orison :love: :love: :love:

R4PueOZ.jpg

Good beer but weizen is still the best :heart:
  • MaddMike3711
    edited August 2017
    @ColeWorld I haven't had one of them in a very long time. Next time I'm at the store though I'll get a König Ludwig or Weihenstephaner. :D
This discussion has been closed.