Which one is the best league?

exzoo
31914 posts National Team Captain
edited August 2017

Which one is the best league? 135 votes

La Liga
20%
RadioShaqAgent VZRaistlinSF9ShaanxzSamuel Eto'orckstrVICTAAAARumplefishCarswellAIekskfcbucket21ChoepiechakieSantiagoMax_ManiaKer_MitKingBarcaWWEFAN24_TRIPLEHtikitaka33Tietherope 28 votes
Premier League
60%
GazzaMartwth22CampinoOllemanLFC Simon 98Dan is ClutchSaifRDiggysamthederbyramAshyo0OainavO0oJamieCFCLeonidasJBHumma78JRDobbyDooDahDisgruntledmoleShaneAnDrEwThEdOn 82 votes
Serie A
10%
GuzmanRickholdenwaitfrozenslashlucasL_immortalekrakos000dylwmsIbte10HBK19251690_Ulster_FCABettle9exzoocaedite 14 votes
Ligue 1
1%
Low KiRutta 2 votes
Bundesliga
6%
HolgerBadstuber apfelmus_maCHer1VerdePridemaTTeOs_mAZzA TjahrHibeeFredoFC MaexleTheJoedanimal 9 votes

Comments

• Raistlin
    1405 posts Professional
    La Liga
    Plays the best football across the whole league (imo), far and away the most recent success in Europe, not really close for me
  • MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    Premier League
    Has to be. :)
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    Premier League
    Based on what? Quality of talent or entertainment?
  • exzoo
    Serie A

Screenshot_20170806-043631.jpg
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    Premier League
    exzoo wrote: »

Screenshot_20170806-043631.jpg

:lol: got me there
  • holdenwait
    55214 posts National Treasure
    edited August 2017
    Serie A
    marketing, broadcasting (pitches + commentators are by far the best there is), immense amount of international talent on hand make the premier league the most attractive league for me to watch.

bundesliga is similar in those terms and getting there with each passing day but competitively it's sooo much less exciting.

la liga is fun when I'm watching the biggest and the baddest go against each other, but bores me to death when it's lower tier teams on show.

serie a is always sexy af to me, loads of class players, I'll always appreciate the aura of italian calcio tbh, people love to re-hash the "italian football is dead" argument but I've never felt that way really.

so yeah I love em all for different reasons. and super lig is the best :kissing:
  • exzoo
    edited August 2017
    Serie A
    I'm excited to see which one will get your vote @holdenwait
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    No Turkish league to watch Fenerbahce tbh
  • exzoo
    Serie A
    hasan09876 wrote: »

Would make a Turkish league vs Russian league poll but there are probably less than 20 turks&russians combined here and the others don't really care about those leagues, so it'd be a bit boring :joy:
  • holdenwait
    Serie A

as_roma_vs_tottenham_hotspur_international_champions_cup_499141.jpg
  • ColeWorld
    9819 posts Has That Special Something
    La Liga
    LaLiga >>> Bundesliga > Englisch **** > Serie A
  • exzoo
    Serie A
    holdenwait wrote: »

as_roma_vs_tottenham_hotspur_international_champions_cup_499141.jpg

Excellent choice
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    Anyway imo the PL has become a bit stale. With the likes of Everton Palace and Watford receiving 100m a year you'd expect them to play a bit better
  • holdenwait
    edited August 2017
    Serie A

Would make a Turkish league vs Russian league poll but there are probably less than 20 turks&russians combined here and the others don't really care about those leagues, so it'd be a bit boring :joy:

just pls don't, I don't want to make RusPringles' to-punch list
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    46966 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Bundesliga

Zenit>>>>>

@PizziPizza @exzoo :trollface:
  • Jaxite
    22372 posts Club Captain
    Premier League
    ColeWorld wrote: »
    LaLiga >>> Bundesliga > Englisch **** > Serie A

Oh dear
  • exzoo
    edited August 2017
    Serie A

Zenit>>>>>

:joy:
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    60m for participation is absurd. The PL prize money should have more emphasis on placement rather than participation.
  • Adrian095
    33893 posts National Team Captain
    La Liga/PL
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class

Zenit>>>>>

:joy:

• exzoo
    Serie A
    How can PL be the best when their best teams can't get past the quarter-finals in the CL despite spending big every season?
  • krakos000
    17449 posts World Class
    Serie A
    I watch bpl cause it's easiest to watch for me here in America. But I like Serie A more. I wish I could watch it:(
  • TheJoedanimal
    1066 posts Professional
    Bundesliga
    I don't get to watch much Serie A and La Liga, but from what I've seen from a couple of years of Bundesliga and Prem watching, I'd watch the Bundesliga over it any day. Sure, I might be a bit biased, but as far as entertainment purposes go, I really don't know how you could consistently watch the Prem for anything other than the occasional banger. The consistently poor reffing, the poor lower level teams are usually painful to watch, and many of the teams implement such a defensive strategy to even try to contend with the big fish that it's just a bore to watch. I really feel like the Bundesliga is a much more open league, other than the very top spot. Many of the lower teams give Bayern and Dortmund a good run for their money anyways, and there was like ten points separating European competition spots and the relegation zone. In the Prem that's less of a gap than what separated the top six and everyone else. I feel like half the teams in the Prem don't have anything to play for half the time.
  • McClean
    776 posts Semi-Pro
    La Liga
    La Liga is the best
    /thread
  • KingBarca
    395 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 2017
    La Liga
    Last 4 Champions League Winners are from Spain including a Treble Winner(Barca) + a club defending the cup for the first time(Real Madrid).
    2 times the opponent was an Italian Club with Juventus and 2 times it was a Spanish Club with Atletico Madrid.

English Clubs in these years weren't even close to competing.

Yeah EPL is definitely a top league xD
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    Coming 2nd isn't an achievement
  • Low Ki
    11744 posts Has That Special Something
    Ligue 1
    Ligue 1. Neymar proved it.
  • edwinstree
    8387 posts League Winner
    Premier League
    PL for entertainment, La Liga for quality - mainly because of Ronaldo and Messi.

For those asking why PL clubs don't go far in Europe, read this
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    Premier League
    Most competitive/exciting league
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    La Liga
    edwinstree wrote:

The part of the winter break is probably true but will never change due to "tradition".

That Bale quote is pretty dumb considering he played for an average team in England and one of the best teams in the world in Spain