Which top manager gets sacked?

Ahmer50x
17462 posts World Class
There are 6 super clubs and 4 Champions League places. Last year, everyone survived but surely this year, atleast two won't be so lucky. Who isn't around to start the season next year?

Conte (Chelsea)
Pochettino (Spurs)
Guardiola (Man City)
Klopp (Liverpool)
Wenger (Arsenal)
Mourinho (Man Utd)

Comments

• Dan13
    4651 posts National Call-Up
    Conte is the most likely. There's also no way Poch gets sacked any time soon
  • Tornado31619
    16585 posts World Class
    1) Conte
    2) Pep
    3) Wenger
    4) Klopp + Jose
    5) Poch
  • Retro_G
    28279 posts Player of the Year
    Fraudiola
  • Welbeck
    5136 posts Big Money Move
    anyone not putting wenger least likely is mad, man finished in the lowest position this club has in 20 years and got a new contract ffs
  • ViVaWhom
    7956 posts League Winner
    edited August 2017
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Fraudiola

Pep will never be sacked, he has got those arabs wrapped around his little fingers
  • Mike
    9984 posts Has That Special Something
    Either Conte or Mourinho
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    edited August 2017
    Mourinho, I can't see many going tbh. The two who will probably finish outside being Arsenal and Liverpool, Arsenal are dedicated to Wenger and Pool like to give their managers more time than most, Klopp's got that cult of personality as well which they'll keep. City have invested too much in Pep to call it quits yet so really it's either Conte or Mourinho.
  • CM10
    5043 posts Big Money Move
    Conte doesn't seem too enamoured with how things have gone down for Chelsea this window so I guess I'll say him. That might just be wishful thinking though.
  • Dan13
    4651 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2017
    CM10 wrote: »
    Conte doesn't seem too enamoured with how things have gone down for Chelsea this window so I guess I'll say him. That might just be wishful thinking though.

I think it's possible he'll resign if things aren't looking up and if the January window goes poorly for them
  • Kyle1996
    2046 posts Fans' Favourite
    Conte has organisation even if things aren't functioning up front, I don't see a Terry and Ivanovic style disaster. I'd probably say Mourinho's most at risk if United tread water again, there's no excuses this season.
  • Tornado31619
    16585 posts World Class
    Why are people saying Jose? He's the best option available (unless Ancelotti leaves Bayern), and wins trophies. Nobody gives two hoots about the Europa and League Cups, but they're still Trophies. Pep, on the other hand, spent like money grows on trees but won **** all.
  • Ahmer50x
    17462 posts World Class
    Why are people saying Jose? He's the best option available (unless Ancelotti leaves Bayern), and wins trophies. Nobody gives two hoots about the Europa and League Cups, but they're still Trophies. Pep, on the other hand, spent like money grows on trees but won **** all.

Imagine a scenario where United finish outside the top 4 and don't win a European trophy to sneak back into the Champions League at the end of the season.

Do you really see the Glazers not getting rid?
  • McScuseMe
    840 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pep. Hope he goes off to manage some ligue 1 team
  • Ryan
    9475 posts League Winner
    Think they will all start next season tbh. Conte may be in trouble if he completely **** up, but doubts that happens. As long as they all finish in the top 6, all are safe.
  • stickey
    14698 posts Has That Special Something
    Klopp.
  • KK_Divine
    1176 posts Professional
    Mourinho would get one more crack at it, Conte would not.
  • Ahmer50x
    17462 posts World Class
    I don't understand why people think Mourinho can survive a season without Champions League football.

van Gaal didn't survive finishing 5th and with a trophy. Given that, I can't imagine Mourinho doing so either.
    (and before anyone brings up style of play, Mourinho doesn't exactly have us playing like Barcelona)
  • KK_Divine
    1176 posts Professional
    edited August 2017
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    I don't understand why people think Mourinho can survive a season without Champions League football.

van Gaal didn't survive finishing 5th and with a trophy. Given that, I can't imagine Mourinho doing so either.
    (and before anyone brings up style of play, Mourinho doesn't exactly have us playing like Barcelona)

Mourinho's a better manager than van Gaal, he's also the most decorated, current manager available. He's also less likely to be ousted on grounds of dressing room discontent.

I don't doubt that he's won some favour with the board with complaints over fixture scheduling, the injury-plague and poor finishing. He even managed to not make his record breaking signing look like a complete waste of time and resources.
  • Raistlin
    1405 posts Professional
    KK_Divine wrote: »

Mourinho's a better manager than van Gaal, he's also the most decorated, current manager available. He's also less likely to be ousted on grounds of dressing room discontent.

I don't doubt that he's won some favour with the board with complaints over fixture scheduling, the injury-plague and poor finishing. He even managed to not make his record breaking signing look like a complete waste of time and resources.

The two previous clubs he managed imploded from dressing room discontent what are you on about
  • Raistlin
    1405 posts Professional
    1. Jose
    2. Pep
    3. Klopp/Conte

No chance Poch or Wenger get sacked
  • Jaxite
    22372 posts Club Captain
    Jose will be sacked first. I think Conte will walk this season.
  • Ahmer50x
    17462 posts World Class
    Jaxite wrote: »
    Jose will be sacked first. I think Conte will walk this season.

I think I broadly agree with you with Jose gets sacked (at the end of the season) and Conte walks. I think Wenger's possibly gone too because I think they finish outside the top 4 again and I can't see the Arsenal board accepting that becoming the new normal. (though with how spineless they are, i suppose that's less likely)
  • KK_Divine
    1176 posts Professional
    Raistlin wrote: »
    KK_Divine wrote: »

The two previous clubs he managed imploded from dressing room discontent what are you on about

I think it's significant that those two clubs were Chelsea and Real Madrid. There's a vacuum of experienced influence at United at the moment, and Mourinho's been gauging the loyalties of the players all season with some of his remarks. Mata (featured prominently), Matic and Lukaku will also all play for him this coming season, despite what anyone might have thought of that by mid-2016.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain

Mourinho's got a bigger brand than Van Gaal too, will always get more leeway than Louie Louie.