The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

FUT Draft, worth playing?

BiGFOOT_BiLL
67 posts Park Captain
Just wondering what the community thinks in regards to whether the rewards make it worth the 15K entry.

Should I stick with Online season or give Draft a go?

Comments

• ABettle9
    288 posts Sunday League Hero
    Now would be the time to do it if you ever wanted to try it. You could probably make some regardless of how well you do with everything going on right now
  • AIeks
    5073 posts Big Money Move
    No.
  • BiGFOOT_BiLL
    67 posts Park Captain
    ABettle9 wrote: »
    Now would be the time to do it if you ever wanted to try it. You could probably make some regardless of how well you do with everything going on right now

Make some coins or good items?
    MaTaDoRz wrote: »
    No.

So season is better in your opinion then?
  • Flamstead
    3001 posts National Call-Up
    I'm an average player entered yesterday, won all four games on second entry and got a 100K pack and a rare gold pack for winning it.

1st time lost second game and still made my entry money back from the packs.

So yeah give it a shot I say. You'll also get to try out some elite players.
  • BiGFOOT_BiLL
    67 posts Park Captain
    I'm an average player entered yesterday, won all four games on second entry and got a 100K pack and a rare gold pack for winning it.

That was helpful, cheers man.

In terms of making coins to buy particular players do you reckon I'm better off with Season or Draft btw?
  • ABettle9
    In terms of making coins to buy particular players do you reckon I'm better off with Season or Draft btw?

In terms of making coins, you're better off trading and not playing at all
  • BiGFOOT_BiLL
    67 posts Park Captain

If I win my games in the Online mode is there a high probability chance of 85+ rated player cards?
  • ABettle9

If I win my games in the Online mode is there a high probability chance of 85+ rated player cards?

No.
  • tatadwader
    2423 posts Fans' Favourite
    I did one today. Lost in the final.

Got one 15k pack and one 7.5k pack. I was expecting more but whatever.

Made my money back when one pack had an 81 rated inform.
  • fluffymnuffy
    12771 posts Has That Special Something
    It's fun even if you don't win, I've entered 129 times and have never won all 4 games, I'm 97-129 but I keep doing it
  • Flamstead
    It's fun even if you don't win, I've entered 129 times and have never won all 4 games, I'm 97-129 but I keep doing it

Plus you've probably tried out a shed load of special cards. It's a really good mode especially for that.
  • Flamstead

As someone suggested, trading is usually the best way, but if you wanna know out of seasons or draft, I'd say seasons. Draft is more of a gamble and I suppose it depends on your skill level.

What division are you in? WL is really what you should be aiming for.

Btw have you used all your coin boosts in the catalogue?

• BeardedBerk
    1625 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2017
    Won it 8 times and had absolutely shocking rewards every time tbh... Last one was 2 premium gold packs and a gold pack
    Post edited by BeardedBerk on
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    14719 posts Has That Special Something
    I've made a killing over the last few days because of the price of none rare gold's make more from a first round exit that winning you always get at least your 15k back and there's the chance you win and get something decent I'm jumping straight back on as soon as I play my last 4 wl games.
  • BiGFOOT_BiLL
    67 posts Park Captain

As someone suggested, trading is usually the best way, but if you wanna know out of seasons or draft, I'd say seasons. Draft is more of a gamble and I suppose it depends on your skill level.

What division are you in? WL is really what you should be aiming for.

Btw have you used all your coin boosts in the catalogue?

I've had very little luck with the weekend league so I just stuck with Online season. I tend to vary between Div 6 and 5, though I have been in Div4 before as well.

I'm rank 31 so I got 2 more Coin boosts coming my way.

I've made a killing over the last few days because of the price of none rare gold's make more from a first round exit that winning you always get at least your 15k back and there's the chance you win and get something decent I'm jumping straight back on as soon as I play my last 4 wl games.
    tatadwader wrote: »
    I did one today. Lost in the final.

Got one 15k pack and one 7.5k pack. I was expecting more but whatever.

Made my money back when one pack had an 81 rated inform.

I may give it a go so just for the fun of it.
  • BiGFOOT_BiLL
    67 posts Park Captain
    edited August 2017
    I just started an online draft, 15K to start.

the game freezes on the choose captain screen. I have to alt-tab to close the game and can't progress with the mode.
    (PC player here)

Nvm, I had to press A to advance before being able to pick my captain.
    1 game down, with a 2-1 win in extra time. So far so good. :)
    Post edited by BiGFOOT_BiLL on
  • Maxc16
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Good luck mate let us know how you go in the end and what rewards you got
  • Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    Got if kante when he first came out in a pack from winning drafts so for me it's worth it haha
  • Persevere80
    1144 posts Professional
    Near the end of the game I plan on selling my club. With the coins I have left it will go towards draft. As others have said, you get the chance of trying out players you may not be able to afford. Then the chance to open packs for the fun of it before moving over to 18.
  • BiGFOOT_BiLL
    67 posts Park Captain
    Maxc16 wrote: »

Good luck mate let us know how you go in the end and what rewards you got

Lost the following game so 1 win.

2 Gold packs and 1 Jumbo Gold pack. Best player I got was a 79 CAM guy I never heard of before.

I think to get the players I'd like I'd be better off sticking with Season mode.
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2017
    Most players don't get their coins back by playing draft, just like with buying packs.

The only way draft is worth it if you buy entrance with fifa points otherwise stay away from it.
  • BiGFOOT_BiLL
    67 posts Park Captain
    maksi wrote: »
    Most players don't get their coins back by playing draft, just like with buying packs.

The only way draft is worth it if you buy entrance with fifa points otherwise stay away from it.

I think the main issue is the low probability of getting really good players in packs.

In that regard you're probably better off with SBCs.
  • TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    I just won it first time after first time in 6 months playing it - used coins ...

made my money back + 15k on top which was ite ,

the game mode is so broken though, feels awful
  • Tman657
    56 posts Park Captain
    Imo you have to win 3 games to make it worth it. If not then don't bother
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    Compared to how good you have to be to win those 4 games consistently it's much more rewarding for you to play WL instead.
  • Well, it depends.
    I've played over 10 fut drafts form FIFA 16-18.
    In FIFA 16 it was not really worth it. 15k for a bunch of 79 overalls.
    In FIFA 17 I got disconnected 4 times! The best guy I packed was a 82 vardy.
    In FIFA 18 I played twice and packed 2 85 overall informs on the jumbo gold pack.
    I got nothing on the gold premium pack. But, overall I think it was worth it for FIFA 18.
    In FIFA 18 the futdraft is much improved.
  • TheQuest
    254 posts Sunday League Hero
    I wish tokens weren't like unicorns. I like a draft but not gonna pay that much to get in.