Forum Fantasy Premier League 2017/18

Comments

• Tornado31619
    27139 posts Player of the Year
    Dodds wrote: »
    Lallana out for a few months apparently; might give a settled CM spot to Milner or Wijnaldum.

Go for Gini, Milner's a defender.
  • Cory
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lallana out for a few months apparently; might give a settled CM spot to Milner or Wijnaldum.

I don't think Milner will play the CM, Wijnaldum more than likely will but if he does it's a bonus having Milner play in CM, chance of goals and assists rise and as a defender in the game he'll benefit from that.
  • Tornado31619
    Cory wrote: »

I don't think Milner will play the CM, Wijnaldum more than likely will but if he does it's a bonus having Milner play in CM, chance of goals and assists rise and as a defender in the game he'll benefit from that.

So in other words, Andy Robertson will start at LB.

If Coutinho leaves, and Liverpool don't buy any midfielders, I reckon it'll be something like Gini-Hendo-Can.
  • keema-v
    2201 posts Fans' Favourite

So in other words, Andy Robertson will start at LB.

If Coutinho leaves, and Liverpool don't buy any midfielders, I reckon it'll be something like Gini-Hendo-Can.

Nah just as likely Moreno plays at the minute, had a blinder of a preseason
  • Ashy
    14673 posts Has That Special Something
    Edited my team once again after Trippier looks injured, decided to get one attacking player from each of the top 5 clubs and spread my defence a bit too.

De Gea
    Cedric - Stones - Ake
    Willian - De Bruyne - Alli - Ritchie
    Lacazette - Lukaku - Gabbiadini

Elliot, Carroll, Mee, Newcastle defender*
  • Kaiduss
    818 posts Semi-Pro
    If Trippier's out then we can expect Kyle Walker-Peters to start. Shame he's not in the FPL... Actually, a lot of players are missing this year. Just take a look at Newcastle. Missing players: Krul, Lazaar, Hayden, Mbemba. And I don't even mention the ones who returned from loans and might be in the squad. I thought they would update this but season is quickly approaching and they don't seem to care about players who actually have a chance of playing, not to mention the reserve ones.
  • wth22
    11513 posts Has That Special Something
    Kaiduss wrote: »
    If Trippier's out then we can expect Kyle Walker-Peters to start. Shame he's not in the FPL... Actually, a lot of players are missing this year. Just take a look at Newcastle. Missing players: Krul, Lazaar, Hayden, Mbemba. And I don't even mention the ones who returned from loans and might be in the squad. I thought they would update this but season is quickly approaching and they don't seem to care about players who actually have a chance of playing, not to mention the reserve ones.

Pochettino has confirmed Walker-Peters won't be starting.
  • Ashy
    They'll end up playing 4 at the back I think

Lloris
    Dier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
    Wanyama - Dembele
    Nkoudou/Winks - Alli - Eriksen
    Kane
  • Dodds
    9921 posts League Winner

Krul and Lazaar are on their way out unfortunately so they are very unlikely to play.

On the other hand not having Hayden and Mbemba in; who were two of our better players last year and Mbemba has been with us for 3 or so year now is a joke.
  • keema-v
    2201 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ashy wrote: »
    They'll end up playing 4 at the back I think

Lloris
    Dier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
    Wanyama - Dembele
    Nkoudou/Winks - Alli - Eriksen
    Kane

More likely that Moussa Sissoko plays at rb, did it for Newcastle
  • Kaiduss
    818 posts Semi-Pro
    Is Sterling likely to start for City? 3 goals from 4 games in pre-season and he's had a great 16/17 season. £8.0 seems like a fair price. I'm considering downgrading De Bruyne to him now. Of course Belgian is a better player and more important for City, but FPL-wise they're pretty even.

I also decided to save £0.5 by downgrading Hart to a £4.0 keeper. Looking at the fixtures, Ben Foster would be in the squad 8/9 games in the first 9 GWs.
  • Ashy
    edited August 2017
    Is Sterling likely to start for City? 3 goals from 4 games in pre-season and he's had a great 16/17 season. £8.0 seems like a fair price. I'm considering downgrading De Bruyne to him now. Of course Belgian is a better player and more important for City, but FPL-wise they're pretty even.

I also decided to save £0.5 by downgrading Hart to a £4.0 keeper. Looking at the fixtures, Ben Foster would be in the squad 8/9 games in the first 9 GWs.

Sterling doesn't start in their best eleven but who knows what formation Pep is planning, from pre-season it looks like he's going with this:
    Ederson
    Kompany - Stones - Otamendi
    Walker - Toure - David Silva - Mendy
    De Bruyne
    Aguero - Jesus

But for that to work consistently they need another ST and CB's depth

Sterling has been playing in one of the 2 ST spots though either starting or off the bench but he won't be ahead of the current 2, lots of rotation as well
  • Dodds
    9921 posts League Winner
    Another assist for Manquillo today; think I may add him as a rotation option.
  • Cory
    Atsu looking good?
  • Dodds
    9921 posts League Winner
    Atsu looking good?

Player very well against Hellas today; very direct. Although him and Murphy will be rotating a lot I think.
  • Cory
    With Atsu looking good, I'm gonna gamble on him I think, Tom Carroll has also been good so can come if he's dropped. Have this currently and pretty content with it, happy to take the gamble on Kolasinac starting.

Begovic
    Kolasinac - Stones - Cedric
    De Bruyne - Eriksen - Zaha - Atsu
    Lukaku - Jesus - Firmino

Elliot - Carroll - Suttner - Rosenior
  • Dodds
    9921 posts League Winner
    izWk5Oz.png

Dunno how many more times I can change this.
  • fluffymnuffy
    12775 posts Has That Special Something
    Joined can't wait to come in last
  • Low Ki
    12638 posts Has That Special Something
    Joined can't wait to come in last

I maintain interest until midseason and do decently, then don't log in for a month and see I'm around 100ish.
  • therealmerk33
    1749 posts Play-Off Hero
    9H0mEpn.png

Gonna run this I think GW1, not sure on David Luiz but feel like I need at least 1 Chelsea player
  • Tornado31619
    9H0mEpn.png

Gonna run this I think GW1, not sure on David Luiz but feel like I need at least 1 Chelsea player

Go for Alonso, he'll get a few assists.
  • therealmerk33
    1749 posts Play-Off Hero
    9H0mEpn.png

Go for Alonso, he'll get a few assists.

Meh, can't spend 7mm on defender without having to drop one of he big 4 which are untouchable imo, if anything would drop him for Francis and rotate him and Mee and put extra 1.5 towards chicarito
  • Dodds
    9921 posts League Winner
    A guy on Reddit created a post with all of the leagues that have cash or other prizes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uU6Ex-5MtSTeeOhMsvGWXgFrrT88uChDQQ82P0KNlDw/edit#gid=0
  • Matt97
    1118 posts Professional
    Screenshot_20170809_162432.png

Best squad or riot
  • Dodds
    9921 posts League Winner
    Matic and Kante won't get many points btw.
  • finsfan85
    13583 posts Has That Special Something
    Chelsea also have tough fixtures to start the season
  • Ashy
    Riot it is then
  • Tornado31619
    I honestly have no faith in Chelsea, sans Kante and Courtois.
  • finsfan85
    13583 posts Has That Special Something
    D3AOvur.png

First draft.

- Holgate might start for Everton, given that Coleman is injured and if they will play with 3 at the back, he's gonna be the right centre-back most likely
    - not sure about Zaha, might consider someone else instead of him
    - attack is very risky, not sure about Lacazette or Chicharito
    - can't see Conte dropping Batshuayi after his display in friendlies so I think he's gonna start and get some points, at least in first GWs

Conte COULD play two up front. But I don't think he will.

Surely it has to be Batshuayi over Morata, though? At least at the beginning.

Unlikely.

Conte says Morata doesn't fit with his idea of football yet. He's looked really bad in preseason games, whereas Batshuayi is in much better form. Can't see how Michy starting over Morata is "unlikely".

Fair enough, haven't paid Chelsea much attention during pre-season.

• Tornado31619
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    D3AOvur.png

First draft.

- Holgate might start for Everton, given that Coleman is injured and if they will play with 3 at the back, he's gonna be the right centre-back most likely
    - not sure about Zaha, might consider someone else instead of him
    - attack is very risky, not sure about Lacazette or Chicharito
    - can't see Conte dropping Batshuayi after his display in friendlies so I think he's gonna start and get some points, at least in first GWs

Conte COULD play two up front. But I don't think he will.

Surely it has to be Batshuayi over Morata, though? At least at the beginning.

Unlikely.

Conte says Morata doesn't fit with his idea of football yet. He's looked really bad in preseason games, whereas Batshuayi is in much better form. Can't see how Michy starting over Morata is "unlikely".

Fair enough, haven't paid Chelsea much attention during pre-season.

I've gone by their transfer window.