Should Pogba be downgraded in FIFA 18?

Comments

• XxRichiexRichxX
    31671 posts National Team Captain
    No, he should keep his 88 rating
    exzoo wrote: »
    Pogba has been really unlucky this season tbf, hit the woodwork quite a few times and his team mates were too incompetent to finish at times.

Yeah I think this season is the one that he will step his game up. I still don't expect a ton of goals from him as long as he's trying to go for bangers, but I think he will have a good amount of assists, etc
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    Yes
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    An 88 rated player needs to perform to the highest level. Not be just above average.
    I notice the UTD fans in here being very defensive on this. :lol:
    If he was as good as his FUT rating, price tag and expected ability he would have given UTD more than he did imho.
    Unfortunately because of his price, everybody was expecting Zidane and Vieira at their peaks all rolled in to 1.
    I do believe that he has the potential to be 1 of the very best CM in the World, but he may take a year or even 3 to get that level.
    For now 87 would be ok.

Lol. Firstly, the whole living up to the price tag issue is silly and is part of the reason so many say he's ****. There are only 3-4 players in the world that "play like a 80m+ player"

And secondly, "given United more than he did" it's not his fault that players didn't finish a majority of the chances he teed up on a golden platter. He should have scored more goals based on some of the chances he absolutely whiffed for sure. His finishing was atrocious. But he couldn't do much more in terms of assists.

So defensive. :lol:
    Only see the negative in my comments.
    He was not as good as his rating in FUT.
    He was not the dominant controlling force he should have been to justify his rating being nearly as good as the very best in the world at the moment.
  • Tornado31619
    16452 posts World Class
    edited August 2017
    :joy:

[edited: profanity]

State of this thread.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2016/2017/paul_pogba/819/641/2710/0/p|premier_league/2016/2017/n$golo_kanté/819/641/14999/33/p#successful_passes/goals_scored/shot_accuracy/assists/key_passes/chances_created/successful_take_ons_%/pass_completion/total_duels_%/successful_take_ons/interceptions/clearances/attack_score/defence_score/possession_score/total_score#total

Nobody's saying that Paul had a TOTS-worthy year, but to say he had a bad one is absurd. Look at those stats. You tell me.

Also, I like how everyone compares Pogba to Kroos, Thiago and Verratti as if they aren't on the verge of getting upgrades themselves. Kante's is a bit weird, yes, but that was largely due to him being an unknown until last season, unlike the aforementioned trio. But then again, Mahrez, Vardy and Alli all started FIFA 16 as 73, 71 and 67 respectively, so you can blame the press and PFA for that one.

Our conversion was shocking last season, I get it. However, whilst his attacking qualities are an advantage, he's not an attacker - HE'S A MIDFIELDER. What he lacked in the box and the final third, he made up for in midfield, by performing his duties to a tee.
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    **** he just commented here. Just close the thread please
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    edited August 2017
    Yes

[edited: profanity]

State of this thread.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2016/2017/paul_pogba/819/641/2710/0/p|premier_league/2016/2017/n$golo_kanté/819/641/14999/33/p#successful_passes/goals_scored/shot_accuracy/assists/key_passes/chances_created/successful_take_ons_%/pass_completion/total_duels_%/successful_take_ons/interceptions/clearances/attack_score/defence_score/possession_score/total_score#total

Nobody's saying that Paul had a TOTS-worthy year, but to say he had a bad one is absurd. Look at those stats. You tell me.

Also, I like how everyone compares Pogba to Kroos, Thiago and Verratti as if they aren't on the verge of getting upgrades themselves. Kante's is a bit weird, yes, but that was largely due to him being an unknown until last season, unlike the aforementioned trio. But then again, Mahrez, Vardy and Alli all started FIFA 16 as 73, 71 and 67 respectively, so you can blame the press and PFA for that one.

Our conversion was shocking last season, I get it. However, whilst his attacking qualities are an advantage, he's not an attacker - HE'S A MIDFIELDER. What he lacked in the box and the final third, he made up for in midfield, by performing his duties to a tee.

Defensive and sensitive. :joy: :lol:
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
  • exzoo
    31914 posts National Team Captain
    Yes
    **** he just commented here. Just close the thread please

• illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    Yes
    Should be 86 at the most
  • Keano
    12734 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 2017
    Using price tag or the fact he didnt get many assists as an argument is hilarious.

1. he doesn't say his price tag, he's worth whatever a club is willing to pay & for what people want in a 80m+ player (the kind of stuff Ronaldo/Messi do), he just isn't that player, he's a midfielder ffs.

2. If he creates 500 clear cut chances & we only score 1, does that mean he's had a bad season & awful due to no assists as well? .. no he's done his part of the job, it's the lack of attacking force/consistency that cost us goals, not the fact he didn't create.

United fans being defensive because they watch the team play? half of you's if not more haven't watched the majority of our games & are commenting on the back of the bandwagon & from a game or two you may've seen & yet we're deluded/defensive.

Give over the lot of you.
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    edited August 2017
    Yes
    Keano wrote: »
    Using price tag or the fact he didnt get many assists as an argument is hilarious.

1. he doesn't say his price tag, he's worth whatever a club is willing to pay & for what people want in a 80m+ player (the kind of stuff Ronaldo/Messi do), he just isn't that player, he's a midfielder ffs.

2. If he creates 500 clear cut chances & we only score 1, does that mean he's had a bad season & awful due to no assists as well? .. no he's done his part of the job, it's the lack of attacking force/consistency that cost us goals, not the fact he didn't create.

United fans being defensive because they watch the team play, half of you's if not more haven't watched the majority of our games & are commenting on the back of the bandwagon & from a game or two you may've seen & yet we're deluded/defensive.

Watch a lot of PL football. Have Virgin. Sky sports and BTSport.
    Seen more than enough of UTD to have a genuine opinion, cheers.
    Feel I am being very fair.
    Don't make assumptions that other people have only seen a handful of games.
    Amazing player, but not as good as some are playing out there atm.
    Given time a 90 in FUT for now an 87 is high enough.
    Even if he is an 87 he will soon be given a TOTW or 2 for 1 assist or 1 goal by EA just to sell packs. :wink:
  • Keano
    12734 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 2017

United fans being defensive because they watch the team play, half of you's if not more haven't watched the majority of our games & are commenting on the back of the bandwagon & from a game or two you may've seen & yet we're deluded/defensive.

Even if he is an 87 he will soon be given a TOTW or 2 for 1 assist or 1 goal by EA just to sell packs. :wink:

Different points & arguments from my post are to diff people, part was to you but others had admitted they'd only seen a handful of games or bigger games etc.

Oh no I'm not saying right now he's as good as others, Kroos for example is better, Verratti & Thiago may struggle if they came here (not saying they 100% would), but people saying he's done awful, rubbish etc... he's had almost the same season as as Juve (stats wise) after making a 80m bid money move to a team with a lot of pressure on him & the stuff with his dad & whatnot going on. he's done fine, i wouldn't say he's beene xceptional as he's had to many games where he's been below par, but if he can get the consistency up a little then I still feel the majority saying he's been poor will still say the same.

You may not be one of them, but in general it's just the same crap I'm hearing every day & some of the comments coming from people without stats/evidence & saying they haven't seen him play much are ludicrous.
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    Yes

Different points & arguments from my post are to diff people, part was to you but others had admitted they'd only seen a handful of games or bigger games etc.

Oh no I'm not saying right now he's as good as others, Kroos for example is better, Verratti & Thiago may struggle if they came here (not saying they 100% would), but people saying he's done awful, rubbish etc... he's had almost the same season as as Juve (stats wise) after making a 80m bid money move to a team with a lot of pressure on him & the stuff with his dad & whatnot going on. he's done fine, i wouldn't say he's beene xceptional as he's had to many games where he's been below par, but if he can get the consistency up a little then I still feel the majority saying he's been poor will still say the same.

You may not be one of them, but in general it's just the same **** I'm hearing every day & some of the comments coming from people without stats/evidence & saying they haven't seen him play much are ludicrous.

Fair enough mate.
    It's obvious some are just trolling you lot, and some just want to pretend they know what they are talking about.
    Works both ways, while most of you 'UTD lot' are just pointing out their genuine opinion and facts some are biased and a little deluded. :wink:
    Either way anybody that really knows anything about football can tell he 99% will become one of, if not the best in the world at some point in the near future. He is not quite there yet.
    This season could be his chance to prove his true worth on the pitch.
    With Matic and Herrera supporting him, he could get true freedom in Midfield to dominate.
  • RedArmyDoof
    1342 posts Professional
    This thread has simply just become a case of United vs Anti-United for the most part.
    Expected it to happen at some point in time.

Overall point here is..
    Modric>Kroos>Pogba/Thiago.
    Veratti /Kante are different types of mids so no point comparing
  • Tornado31619
    16452 posts World Class
    This thread has simply just become a case of United vs Anti-United for the most part.

Overall point here is..

• Raistlin
    1405 posts Professional
    Yes
    United fans ITT:

Domestically: he plays in the toughest league!! Modric/Kroos/verratti play in 2 team leagues!!

In Europe: you can only play what's in front of you

The state
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    Yes

Overall point here is..

Thiago was a lot better than pogba last season. Probably second best in the world behind kroos.
  • Shaanxz
    20298 posts Club Captain
    No_NaMe wrote: »

Overall point here is..

Thiago was a lot better than pogba last season. Probably second best in the world behind modric.

• EddieFicio
    21309 posts Club Captain
    Yes
    Shane wrote: »
    Rumplefish wrote: »
    Shane wrote: »
    I'm curious, are there really people who think that Pogba is better than Kroos, Modric, Thiago & Verratti ? Or are they just deluded Utd fans ?

Pogba is better than Thiago and Verratti

He really isn't
    Pogba is elite mate, you can't beat the likes of Rostov and Feyenoord by just being average

Pogba's made it to a CL final, don't think Verratti has.

Hardly thanks to him, that.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Yes
    of course, he finished the year as a incredible flop and an embarrassment to Manchester United :lol: . Michael Carrick was a much important part of United's midfield last season so Pogba should have a rating similar to his.
  • exzoo
    Yes
    Ash wrote: »
    of course, he finished the year as a incredible flop and an embarrassment to Manchester United :lol: . Michael Carrick was a much important part of United's midfield last season so Pogba should have a rating similar to his.

• Tornado31619
    16452 posts World Class
    Do us all a favour and actually watch the guy FFS.

The Utd hate is unreal here.
  • exzoo
    Yes

How many times have you watched Kroos, Thiago or Verratti?
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    Yes
    I really don't get the 'do you watch the guy' argument? United were on sky/bt nearly every weekend last season.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    No_NaMe wrote: »
    I really don't get the 'do you watch the guy' argument? United were on sky/bt nearly every weekend last season.

Tbf though, the guy instantly catches heat though because he's a United player. People wrote him off as a flop before the season began and were claiming the whole "first season in a new team doesn't apply to someone with that fee"....but when it's flipped to a player in their squad, it's ok.

It's just fans being fans.
  • Tornado31619
    16452 posts World Class

That's irrelevant, because I'm not suggesting what their ratings should be. Give them all 90s for all I care, but Pogba shouldn't get a downgrade.
  • exzoo
    Yes

That's irrelevant, because I'm not suggesting what their ratings should be. Give them all 90s for all I care, but Pogba shouldn't get a downgrade.

You don't make sense.
  • Ibte10
    1770 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yes
    Definitely one of the best midfielders in the world and didn't have a bad season but 87 is fair imo. He should be under Modric and Kroos and be around the same or better than the rest.
  • Wonderfulwest
    4633 posts National Call-Up
    I think pogba played well enough to keep his rating. People just expected him to score 20 goals and as many assists becuase of his price tag
  • Tornado31619
    16452 posts World Class
    I also like the fact that nobody has suggested upgrading Kante to an 88 instead of an 86 (for example). I've only seen "Kante should get an 86 and Pogba should get a downgrade".
  • Tornado31619
    16452 posts World Class

You don't make sense.

I'm saying that Pogba hasn't had a bad enough season to get a downgrade. I don't mind Kroos, Thiago and Verratti getting higher ratings than Pogba, but Pogba's rating shouldn't suffer.
  • exzoo
    Yes
    I think pogba played well enough to keep his rating. People just expected him to score 20 goals and as many assists becuase of his price tag

The 88 rating was too high to start with. 87 would be fair
This discussion has been closed.