Your End of Era based teams!

PelzyWelzy
9328 posts League Winner
edited August 2017
Just finished building an EOA based team which I'm pretty happy with. Decided to stick to players 30 years of age and upwards, a sort of modern day/still playing take on Legends if you will. Everyone's on 10 chem apart from Alonso and Torres who have 8 - intend to switch Alonso to CM in game and probably switch Gerrard and Lampard around every now and then, with Pirlo no doubt coming off at half time (if he's still breathing :joy:) for someone like De Rossi, Iniesta etc... Would have liked to get Totti but he's just out of reach atm.

CqVgLDn.jpg

Just wondering what sort of similar teams people out there are using.

Comments

• HelloDearie
    2240 posts Fans' Favourite
    love it and great idea. Wish I had the coins left to do something similar, but rinsed my club dry for el sha, totti and torres :D
  • PelzyWelzy
    9328 posts League Winner
    love it and great idea. Wish I had the coins left to do something similar, but rinsed my club dry for el sha, totti and torres :D

Cheers bro. Can totally relate to having used all your coins in SBC's - between the 84+ TOTW, TOTS Guarantee (kid you not, done over 100 of those :joy: , these End of Era cards etc I've whittled down 12m to pretty much nothing. Hahaha. And that's with all the ridiculous pulls like tradeable TOTS Nain, Kante and Weah I've had along the way :smiley:

• TVP161
    79 posts Park Captain
    edited August 2017
    we both had the same idea, posted this on the last team thread yesterday ;)
    love to have gerrard and alonso in one team. brings up some memories. torres needs to step up a bit in my team. villa insane as always. not sure if i wanna try the new tots version of him.

123.jpg

edit: oh and i need that van damme tots
  • Mick_13
    93 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Well, this is mine
    Capturar.png

I can only say that Totti and Lahm are amazing! They worth every coin spent.
    Alonso is also a great player but the other two outshines him!

So glad I could build this squad, I'm completely satisfied with it.

I only wish I had the coins to change Mertens for Dybala, but that's fine.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9328 posts League Winner
    TVP161 wrote: »
    we both had the same idea, posted this on the last team thread yesterday ;)
    love to have gerrard and alonso in one team. brings up some memories. torres needs to step up a bit in my team. villa insane as always. not sure if i wanna try the new tots version of him.

123.jpg

edit: oh and i need that van damme tots

Hahaha, sweet team.. nigh on identical. Lol..

I won the DKT first time out with the new team this morning but felt something was missing attack wise... bought in TOTY Iniesta just to add a bit more flair and agility etc. Pirlo was a bit of a liability in that midfield three so like you dropped Lampard to LCM, with gerrard and alonso there also.

Means i have to rework my CB pairing though.. only had them for four games. Spend more time building these teams than playing with them :joy:

Only 150k left for a GK and two CB's now. No idea who to go for :neutral:
  • PelzyWelzy
    9328 posts League Winner
    Mick_13 wrote: »
    Well, this is mine
    Capturar.png

I can only say that Totti and Lahm are amazing! They worth every coin spent.
    Alonso is also a great player but the other two outshines him!

So glad I could build this squad, I'm completely satisfied with it.

I only wish I had the coins to change Mertens for Dybala, but that's fine.

Now that's a team.

You win :smiley:
  • Denz
    2030 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 2017
    20170803_093119.jpg

Trying out this formation so going to complete the wingers later.

Can't recommend Alonso and Lahm enough.

Would love to work in Lampard and birthday villa but quite like the link up between torres and suarez so far.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9328 posts League Winner
    edited August 2017
    How to do finish this then guys? Pains me scrambling around with only 150k :joy:

AErer4K.jpg

That midfield 4 :heart: Will probs switch alonso in to the ccm role again at start. He's awesome there.

• Denz
    2030 posts Fans' Favourite
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    How to do finish this then guys? Pains me scrambling around with only 150k :joy:

AErer4K.jpg

That midfield 4 :heart: Will probs switch alonso in to the ccm role again at start. He's awesome there.

I guess for full chem it's the obvious trio but I can't say their names. Also it ruins your retro squad.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9328 posts League Winner
    Denz wrote: »

AErer4K.jpg

I guess for full chem it's the obvious trio but I can't say their names. Also it ruins your retro squad.

Hahaha. Yeah I know who you mean :joy:

Tbh Gerrard and Alonso on 8 chem is going to be unnoticeable stats wise anyway, doesn't bother me in the slightest :wink:

Could just go with the NIF Juve trio but hate the look of those gold cards. Just doesn't sit right. Lol
  • HelloDearie

AErer4K.jpg

Trio from Juve maybe? All above 30, and Buffon is clearly a legend too.
  • HelloDearie
    edited August 2017
    Denz wrote: »

AErer4K.jpg

Hahaha. Yeah I know who you mean :joy:

Tbh Gerrard and Alonso on 8 chem is going to be unnoticeable stats wise anyway, doesn't bother me in the slightest :wink:

Could just go with the NIF Juve trio but hate the look of those gold cards. Just doesn't sit right. Lol

TOTT Buffon, MOV Barzagli and an IF Bonnuci would be within budget? No gold cards then haha
  • PelzyWelzy
    9328 posts League Winner
    @TVP161

Nww99Hs.jpg

Kinda went along your route yesterday and bought in Van Damme and Howard, managed to sell my Iniesta and bring in a fresh one last night when rewards dropped as well which cured my Fresh Syndrome... was driving me mad that he wasn't :joy:

Leaves me with 130k now to bring in a CB partner. Having not used Van Damme all year you have any recommendations? Was edging towards Hierro or Cannavaro, that way everyone gets full chem.
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    neRcVdv.jpg

this is mine right now. Need to get rid of Smalling and Butland and replace them with Hummels/Neuer. Still thinking of dropping back Alonso to CB though and replace that RDM spot with Schweinsteiger or Lampard as I dislike Boateng and TOTS Hummels wasn't that great for me when I had him.

Giovinco is as leathal as it gets though and Villa with Catalyst on the wings is just as deadly. Can finish with either foot or pass like a god from there.

----

Not entirely sure if I may not just go with a second squad around Hero Rooney and Lampard, Pirlo add Schweinsteiger, would mean dropping my Sneijder/Poldi/Eto'o squad though. Not sure if I'm up to that though tbh..
  • Kloral
    3658 posts National Call-Up

1yxl9sK.jpg

Gerrard comes on at the start and Kuyt is super sub at half time.
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2017
    Kloral wrote: »
    1yxl9sK.jpg

Gerrard comes on at the start and Kuyt is super sub at half time.

another chem exploiter and 1st minute time waster.. please get lost
  • holdenwait
    55426 posts National Treasure
    3c2c6f7d428abb3d5dbdbb6580fe8d73.png
  • TVP161
    79 posts Park Captain
    @TVP161

Nww99Hs.jpg

Kinda went along your route yesterday and bought in Van Damme and Howard, managed to sell my Iniesta and bring in a fresh one last night when rewards dropped as well which cured my Fresh Syndrome... was driving me mad that he wasn't :joy:

Leaves me with 130k now to bring in a CB partner. Having not used Van Damme all year you have any recommendations? Was edging towards Hierro or Cannavaro, that way everyone gets full chem.

nice ;) just try lalas, he is very good. but yeah, he is the only legend cb i tried so far. chemistry wise he is the best.
    depending on budget just give some legend a try.
    also did totti sbc now. this card looks crazy omg. did only cost me 600k from scratch cause i havent done any league sbc so far.
  • RayS
    25327 posts Player of the Year
    Just finished building an EOA based team which I'm pretty happy with. Decided to stick to players 30 years of age and upwards, a sort of modern day/still playing take on Legends if you will. Everyone's on 10 chem apart from Alonso and Torres who have 8 - intend to switch Alonso to CM in game and probably switch Gerrard and Lampard around every now and then, with Pirlo no doubt coming off at half time (if he's still breathing :joy:) for someone like De Rossi, Iniesta etc... Would have liked to get Totti but he's just out of reach atm.

CqVgLDn.jpg

I approve of Scream Pirlo
  • WFCBagnall
    69601 posts Moderator
    edited August 2017

CqVgLDn.jpg

@SupaNoodle1990 that is pretty much your team :D
  • serrer7
    1444 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2017
    ksSaSai.jpg;) have bday villa as sub" alt="not doing kuyt since he dosent fit anywhere ;) have bday villa as sub" />
  • IMRONBURGANDYYY
    188 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have no idea how to post a picture but I'm running

89 Son- TOTS Lukaku
    TOTS Eriksen
    EOE Gerrard -TOTS Dele Alli-86 Can
    FB Cole- Cannavaro-Boateng-EOE Lahm
    ! Baumann
    Had to hybrid it, but they are both unreal. I can't give up TOTS Eriksen and Lukaku
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    CqVgLDn.jpg
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

CqVgLDn.jpg

@SupaNoodle1990 that is pretty much your team :D

Yep, pretty much the same apart from I have tots villa, SBC totti, cannavaro and Sandro.
  • Gyan_33
    28976 posts Player of the Year
    Only have 1 in it but still

496ce6fe8db96383d0242b3f04809a29.png