Any used the pink Shaw yet if so any reviews please

zzBANTERSQUADzz
160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
as title says anyone used him any reviews please did the butland one and he is crap

Comments

• FC Maexle
    2063 posts Fans' Favourite
    He's good but not amazing
  • ShaunCPFC
    4292 posts National Call-Up
    Only just done him to link up to Gerrard not used him yet though
  • Olleman
    14315 posts Has That Special Something
    Would like to know as well. Would replace Aanholt for me :)
  • FC Maexle
    2063 posts Fans' Favourite
    Olleman wrote: »

Van aanholt is better trust me
  • ha032742
    38155 posts Moderator
    FC Maexle wrote: »

• ethnick
    5853 posts Big Money Move
    U can feel the upgrade in his defense. His better defensively then van an holt but Van better offensively and a lot quicker off the mark.
  • zzBANTERSQUADzz
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ethnick wrote: »
    U can feel the upgrade in his defense. His better defensively then van an holt but Van better offensively and a lot quicker off the mark.

thankyou
  • Romo2barber24
    2202 posts Fans' Favourite
    I torched one with el Shaarawy and totti. He felt easy to beat. Obviously they're faster but I've seen the nif hold his own against good/fast wingers. Maybe the guy I played was just bad at defending
  • ShaunCPFC
    4292 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah he's been dog$hit for me so far, cheerio :joy:
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    Might as well use Cole if you're looking for an English LB, especially if you need one to link to Gerrard.
  • Nicku32
    2271 posts Fans' Favourite
    FC Maexle wrote: »

This is what I wanted to know - however I am tempted to do the Lampard SBC too so I would need the link.
  • Olleman
    Noo, not what I wanted to hear :joy:
  • Romo2barber24
    2202 posts Fans' Favourite
    Noo, not what I wanted to hear :joy:

Yeah like someone said before, you're better off using cole or someone like alonso even.
  • MeanOnSunday
    1536 posts Play-Off Hero
    For the price get 85 Alonso.
  • Kloral
    3802 posts National Call-Up
    Annoying
  • Olleman
    He's been quite solid for me so far tbh. Not amazing, but I feel like he's better than Aanholt so far
  • Keano
    16595 posts World Class
    He's been quite solid for me so far tbh. Not amazing, but I feel like he's better than Aanholt so far

This, but if you can I'd get SIF Alonso over him, but if you need the English/United link then Shaw isn't a bad option.
  • MaddMike3711
    12938 posts Has That Special Something
    There are certain players which for whatever reason just seem to destroy other certain players, and any version of Willian will still torch him down the right. Shaw just can't cope with his 'fro I guess. :sunglasses:
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    Great in game, very solid defensively.
  • LeonidasJB
    17262 posts World Class
    1st Futtie I haven't bothered with.
    Looks bang average.
    BD Cole is better English LB.
    NOM Rose is nearly as good as Winner Shaw, just use Rose if need PL LB.
  • DirtyDishFC
    11028 posts Moderator
    Depends what you are used too. My NIF Shaw up until probably Februray had like 650 games so I am used to him and can say he is worth the upgrade with that in mind. Now if you arent used to or used to a more agile LB then you probably wont like him.
  • RedArmyDoof
    1385 posts Professional
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Great in game, very solid defensively.

Adding to this after 25 games with him..and having used PvA previously, i'd stick with Shaw imo.
    Him not being an attacking threat is exactly what i want in my fullbacks.
    He's not the quickest, lets get that out of the way, but he's been bullying lotsa wingers ans STs for me like he has 90+ strength or something, weird.
    Overally, i'm enjoying him, tho the upgrades could have been better
  • MattDaddy V1
    1688 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 2017
    I got him to complete my Man Utd special card team for gens. Having used his nif all year (300+ games) I'd say he's very hit and miss. Some games he's a rock at the back but can't do anything right attacking wise. Other games he's banging in please bury me crosses and hits unbelievable passes and through balls but can't defend if his life depended on it. Very rarely he has a barnstormer in both defence & attack. Sadly it seems more often than not the game just passes him by completely. However I don't know if that's the card, my playstyle, CT's or formation or the fact I've only played 18 games with his futtie winners card that causes it.