Career mode revamp?

Comments

• airpreezy
    979 posts Semi-Pro
    BistroXII wrote: »
    I like career mode the way it is and still play it and enjoy it like I always have. I want it kept simple and don't want to edit stadiums, or kits and manage ticket prices and deal with complicated contracts like some people suggest. I don't want to do admin I want to improve my squad with transfers and youth players and win leagues and cups. People want it to be like Football Manager, no thanks.

It only has to be like PES Master League with the transfer system if fifa, that would be perfect and not to complicated
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    airpreezy wrote: »
    I like career mode the way it is and still play it and enjoy it like I always have. I want it kept simple and don't want to edit stadiums, or kits and manage ticket prices and deal with complicated contracts like some people suggest. I don't want to do admin I want to improve my squad with transfers and youth players and win leagues and cups. People want it to be like Football Manager, no thanks.

It only has to be like PES Master League with the transfer system if fifa, that would be perfect and not to complicated

I'd agree with that and I like the updates of team performance in Master League and the youth team. They get the level of detail about right imo. And I'm not saying don't make improvements but I don't want it to turn into a chore where you spend half your time doing admin type stuff.

• PES_2006
    20 posts Ball Boy
    eladlad wrote: »
    comet213 wrote: »
    Player Career mode is horrible!
    1. No Bench Start
      I don't know why do you not add this feature. this is basic of basics.
      It's in the Journey. But It's not in player career????
    2. Old Growth System
      Growth system is changed in pro club. But Growth system is still same accomplishment system in player career.
    3. No Term of Contract
      Term of contract, renewing contract, free agent and wage negotiation are needed.
    4. No Manager's Tactical Order
      Manager's order can notice my role in match.
      When tactics is changed, Manager's order is especially needed.
      Manager feedback is good addition. But Tactical order is also needed.
    5. No Tranfer History
      Tranfer history is only in Manager Mode. Why?
    6. Lack of Data
      No National team statistics. No Team data like honours. And No storing other players' statistics. No statistics of other leagues.
      I want to know other players career and top scorer of other leagues.
      But There is nothing in FIFA.
      • Other Leagues Data Example
        • Top Scorer
        • Top Assists
        • Clean Sheet
        • Booking
        • Tournament tree of cup tournament
      • Team data(Club and National team) Example
        formation, players data, honours, season results etc.. season results example
      • Players data(Club and National team) Example
        teams(belonged and belonging), apps, goals, assists, hounours etc...
        Ex)Alexis Sanchez Wikipedia
        Player stat
        nuQcn0s.jpg
        Player stat(club)
        if4fKMp.jpg
        Player stat(national team)
        AGzkqIM.jpg
        tllfzZA.jpg

7. Limited News Reading
      go8BpT4.jpg
      Only 6 items of news each category. It's too small.
      If I simulate few days, A number of transfer news is disappered in tranfer window.
      Hardware is advaned. News storage also must be advanced.
    8. No Personal Prize
      Player of the year in Europe, Ballon d'Or and FIFA Awards.
    9. Lack of National Teams
      The number of National Team is really really small.
      Europe teams are 27 teams, South America teams are 10 teams. Other 4 continent teams are just 11 teams! :lol:
      It's too small. Teams in Other 4 continent can't play WC qualifier and Cup tournament.
    10. No Raking System
      National Team Raking
      It's influence to groupe drawing of world cup, WC qualifying.
      Europe League Ranking
      It's influence to the number of qualified team in european cup.
    11. Removed Sorting in League table
      Sorting was My favorite feature of rubbishy Career Mode.
      qaZTDtC.jpg
      gs144ly.jpg
      Wi6Icz3.jpg
      zwryegN.jpg
      But It is gone.
      pDnAucQ.png
      Sorting is in Last-gen FIFA.
      IoRNrAE.png
    12. Wrong League Schedule
      23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.pngAllsvenskan: March-Early April – late October-early November
      23px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.pngNorwegian Premier League March – November
      23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.pngLeague of Ireland March – October
      These are reallife Schedule.
      But These 3 leagues are started in August and ended in May in Career Mode!
      It's really unrealistic. It prove that Dev don't care a bit about these leagues.
      I'm really disappointed.
      They are just annoyed to reflect real schedule of non-big leagues.
    13. Unrealistic Substitution
      Devs always keep to 7 bench players only in FIFA.
      But Bench player is not always 7.
        12 bench players are available in these matches.
      • National Team Match
      • Serie A
      • Serie B
      • TIM Cup(Coppa Itaila)
      • Eredivisie
      • The KNVB Cup
      • The Johan Cruijff Schaal
      And 6 players can be substituted in international friendly. It also must be reflected.

And Substitution bug. It must be fixed. It's old bug.
      1. I already used all substituions.
      2. Players is injured. And He can't play.
      3. Team management screen is appeared automatically for substitution.
      4. Can't substitute player because I already use used all substituions.
      5. Can't quit team management screen. Because I must substitute injured player.
      6. Can't substitute player because I already use used all substituions.
      7. Can't quit team management screen. Because I must substitute injured player.
      8. REPEAT......
    14. Bad Retirement
      Players retire during International Tournament like World Cup and EURO.
      WHAT THE HELL?!
      And No article about retiring player, no retirement ceremony, no testimonial match
      EA don't add any small cut scenes.
    15. Unrealistic League Trophy Celebration time
      Trophy Celebration is generally held at last home match except when league winner isn't decided until last fixture.
      But Celebration is always held at last fixture in FIFA.
    16. No Host Country
      Pre-season tournament is held in licensed stadiums.
      But World cup, confed cup, euro and copa america are never held in licensed stadium.
      It's ironic. :lol:
      Host country should be also introduced to International competitions like pre-season tournaments.
      1. Host country is selected randomly. But Only Contry that has thier league in FIFA Game can be host.
      2. Stadiums of host country league teams are only used in competition.
      If England is selected host country of world cup, BPL stadiums and wembley are used for world cup fixture not generic stadiums.
      It will be fantastic.

17. Short Length
      GET RID OF 15 YEARS LIMIT!!!!
      http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/82371/career-mode-length

You invested more time than the developers

The sad thing is that genuinely could be true :D

way more time. maybe i invested more time too by just reading it all.

with all those points missing i find it hard to believe that we are even left with a game to play.
  • comet213
    2342 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 2017
    Sleeve patch and Captain armband must be changed for each competition.
    And Champions must get champions patch.
  • Cooler08
    668 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 2017
    EA doesn't care about the Career mode. They just want to earn money through FUT.

One of the most important thing to improve in the career mode is the turnout in the stadiums. If I consider the Italian Serie A, the matches which are sold out are very few during a season, but in Fifa the stadiums are always full.
    Then the dynamic weather should be implemented.
    And last but not least, the transfers: often there are tons of unlikely movements with very big players moving from a team to another with extreme ease. If only it was that easy in real life.

Another issue is the snow. Matches are not played in the snow caked pitches like in FIFA.

Also, part of dynamic crowds could be showing fans leave the stadium early if their team is losing by a big margin i.e. 0-4 at home. This would make the crowd seem more connected to what's happening on the pitch.

Showing the players in the tunnel before the match would create a sense of anticipation for big matches. It would especially look great in Tottenhams state-of-the-art new stadium that has a see-through screen in the tunnel.

• mickjacobjr
    1714 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pes has licensed pre season tournaments this year in there game
  • Solja
    539 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Cooler08 wrote: »
    EA doesn't care about the Career mode. They just want to earn money through FUT.

One of the most important thing to improve in the career mode is the turnout in the stadiums. If I consider the Italian Serie A, the matches which are sold out are very few during a season, but in Fifa the stadiums are always full.
    Then the dynamic weather should be implemented.
    And last but not least, the transfers: often there are tons of unlikely movements with very big players moving from a team to another with extreme ease. If only it was that easy in real life.

Another issue is the snow. Matches are not played in the snow caked pitches like in FIFA.

Also, part of dynamic crowds could be showing fans leave the stadium early if their team is losing by a big margin i.e. 0-4 at home. This would make the crowd seem more connected to what's happening on the pitch.

Showing the players in the tunnel before the match would create a sense of anticipation for big matches. It would especially look great in Tottenhams state-of-the-art new stadium that has a see-through screen in the tunnel.

I agree 100% spot on mate

• i wish transfers and contracts were addressed, i think everyone is well aware far more goes into transfers than just a singular figure, i hope they add in like sell on fees, add ons, look back at the martial deal so many add ons. buy and loan back on young players. there are probably more examples i haven't thought about. some players actively push more moves for certain clubs which should make them easier to buy alternatively some players don't want to and should be harder to buy.

Player contracts also far more complicated so i wish it was actually a negotiation, just meeting there demands isn't how it works. obviously its a thin line you don't want to have to spend hours working on one players transfers but further complexity to get a good deal should be more prevalent
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional

There is nothing difficult to turn on/off the full management possibility before you do start Career Mode.

What on earth are you talking about?

It's hard to explain. I'm so lazy.
  • Solja
  • McScuseMe
    840 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Solja wrote: »

So it's back basically he same crossing we've had for years. If you haven't already figured out how to cross to the back or near post or out of the box, then you shouldn't be playing FIFA period.

Adding flair to your crosses this year is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ❤️❤️❤️❤️ , who needs flairs on crosses.

Just EA being EA again, revamping something already in the game
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    McScuseMe wrote: »

So it's back basically he same crossing we've had for years. If you haven't already figured out how to cross to the back or near post or out of the box, then you shouldn't be playing FIFA period.

Adding flair to your crosses this year is **** **** , who needs flairs on crosses.

Like downward headers? Sure that was already in the game before they announced that.
  • Solja
    Pwalie86 wrote: »

Adding flair to your crosses this year is **** **** , who needs flairs on crosses.

Like downward headers? Sure that was already in the game before they announced that.

This is absolutely ridiculous from EA

• Shaanxz
    24266 posts Club Captain
    Pwalie86 wrote: »

This is absolutely ridiculous from EA

there's a difference between contextual and user control
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional

It seems like every showed cross is the same :lol:
  • Solja
    Still no news on career mode guys i think same disappointment this year
  • Ripsmokey78
    73 posts Park Captain
    There will be news at gamescon, So august! very much doubt there will be any news till at least a week before like last year!
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yup, always August but I wouldn't get excited anyway. We're surely in for a disappointment again.

Last year I think the news leaked a few days before Gamescom so I'd say about 17th August onwards for CM news.

As for the rest of the game, the lack of news is shocking.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    I don't know why do you need news so early?
  • Solja
    100% another year of disappointment
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    100% another year of disappointment

Why do you know it?
  • Ashy
    23216 posts Club Captain
    edited July 2017

The game is out in 2 months and we know nothing about CM, in fact we know hardly anything about the game yet, I'm pretty sure other games company's give out plenty of details on features and modes but for some reason EA are giving nothing this year, gamescom is still a month away as well, and I can already tell it's going to be a disappointment
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    It definitely will be a disappointment. They'll post up a few screenshots of the tiny changes being made. People will get angry but buy the game anyway and hope next year will be different.

And I'm one of those people.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    Ashy wrote: »

The game is out in 2 months and we know nothing about CM, in fact we know hardly anything about the game yet, I'm pretty sure other games company's give out plenty of details on features and modes but for some reason EA are giving nothing this year, gamescom is still a month away as well, and I can already tell it's going to be a disappointment

All features can be revealed in one day. The absence of news tells nothing about that they don't have something to say.
  • Ashy
    23216 posts Club Captain
    edited July 2017

All features can be revealed in one day. The absence of news tells nothing about that they don't have something to say.

All the CM features can be revealed in one bloody screenshot, based on previous years we expect hardly nothing for this mode but it would be nice just one year to get some big updates...

Also I don't see why they would reveal everything at once on a single day, when each week they could reveal little things and keep the hype up, get loads of pre-orders in early, its just bad marketing, but I guess EA don't even need to market the game when they know it will sell like hotcakes
  • Arayas
    266 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm not even waiting for new features in FIFA CM mode or for some decent upgrade. I'll be happy just to see old features back in the game, like transfer budget money for EL and CL wins and player atributes without idiotic scouting system, old things working fine but removed from the game.
    I'm afraid to see what "new" feature they add this year, they usually broke things.
  • airpreezy
    979 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 2017
    Sugetipula wrote: »
    I'm not even waiting for new features in FIFA CM mode or for some decent upgrade. I'll be happy just to see old features back in the game, like transfer budget money for EL and CL wins and player atributes without idiotic scouting system, old things working fine but removed from the game.
    I'm afraid to see what "new" feature they add this year, they usually broke things.

They only have to bring back fifa 07 Career Mode Features with an Better interface and maybe training or learning a player a specific position.. world club cup that's all
  • Shaanxz
    24266 posts Club Captain
    Tbf neither pes or FIFA have announced much.

Pes have only just added pre season tournaments now and they still don't have a proper regen system yet
  • airpreezy
    979 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 2017
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    Tbf neither pes or FIFA have announced much.

Pes have only just added pre season tournaments now and they still don't have a proper regen system yet

And a better transfer system .. but PES don't have to announce much for ML it's already really good

really good article
    article about career mode

the problem is we don´t want to play PES only because of ML, we want fifas career mode as good as ML in PES

@EA_Andy could you please communicate this to the developers or producers, if you´re only reading the comments below the new fifa 18 videos in FB or twitter, there are plenty of entries from people who want a better manager career mode, and they have the most likes!
    Post edited by airpreezy on
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional

All the CM features can be revealed in one bloody screenshot, based on previous years we expect hardly nothing for this mode but it would be nice just one year to get some big updates...

Also I don't see why they would reveal everything at once on a single day, when each week they could reveal little things and keep the hype up, get loads of pre-orders in early, its just bad marketing, but I guess EA don't even need to market the game when they know it will sell like hotcakes

I wrote about one day just as a possibility only. That means they don't have to show news two months before release. They can start one month before. Of course if they have something to show.