I've been absent from the forums for most of this year because of stuff happening in my life (stupid real life
) but because I scaled back the hours I work after I got married last month (which YES, I GOT MARRIED. IT'S INSANE.), I'm gonna have more time this year to hopefully get through my first long-term FIFA save in about two years (whoops
I figured I might come back during the summer though and bring back a thread that people here have seemed to really like in the past, my
career series. I'm going to run it the same way I always have, except once everyone's broken into their first teams I might rush through and do only two updates per season instead of three per season since the release of FIFA 18 isn't that far off.
Those of you who have participated in the previous versions of this game already know how it works, but for those of you who don't, I have provided a small excerpt from my previous three versions of this to better explain this.
This year, instead of managing an entire club, you will have the opportunity to create your own player. It could be based off of you, someone you wish you could be, a friend, an entirely fictional character, etc. I will be posting those players' process throughout their careers. Their career trajectory will be based entirely off of the attributes that you choose for your player. You won't be able to directly interfere with the player's career, and neither will I.
You will be able to choose everything about the player except for the birth year, which will be 2000 for every player, and the starting club. They will all begin their career as free agents. To join, all you have to do is fill out the below template.
Date of Birth (2000):
Place of Birth (City & Country):
Top three person attributes*:
Position(s) (up to three, primary bolded):
Top three mental attributes*:
Top three physical attributes*:
Top three technical attributes* (if GK replace with goalkeeper attributes*):
Preferred moves* (three):
Favourite People (three):
Favourite Clubs (three):
Disliked People (three):
Disliked Clubs (three):
* List of person attributes: adaptability, ambition, controversy, loyalty, pressure, professionalism, sportsmanship, temperament.
* List of mental attributes: aggression, anticipation, bravery, composure, concentration, consistency, decisions, determination, dirtiness, flair, important matches, leadership, movement, positioning, teamwork, vision, work rate.
* List of physical attributes: acceleration, agility, balance, injury proneness, jumping reach, natural fitness, pace, stamina, strength.
* List of technical attributes: corners, crossing, dribbling, finishing, first touch, free kicks, heading, long shots, long throws, marking, passing, penalty taking, tackling, technique, versatility.
* List of goalkeeping attributes: aerial ability, command of area, communication, eccentricity, handling, kicking, one on ones, reflexes, rushing out, tendency to punch, throwing.
* List of preferred moves: runs with ball down left, runs with ball down right, runs with ball through the centre, gets into opposition area, moves into channels, gets forward whenever possible, plays short simple passes, tries killer balls often, shoots from distance, shoots with power, places shots, curls ball, likes to round keeper, likes to try to break offside trap, argues with officials, likes to lob keeper, plays no through balls, dwells on ball, arrives late in opposition area, tries to play way out of trouble, stays back at all times, dives into tackles, does not dive into tackles, hits free kicks with power, runs with ball often, runs with ball rarely, tries long range free kicks, cuts inside, comes deep to get ball, hugs line, looks for pass rather than attempting to score, marks opponent tightly, plays with back to goal, possesses long flat throw, stops play, tries first time shots, plays one-twos, dictates tempo, attempts overhead kicks, knocks ball past opponent, avoids using weaker foot, tries long range passes, likes to switch ball to other flank, uses long throw to start counter attacks, refrains from taking long shots, penalty box player.
* Positions: Same as FIFA, except the possible positions do not include CF and do include SW, LWB, and RWB.
Signups close on Wednesday, 12 July. You will not be able to sign up after this has started. Sign up quickly before you will no longer be able to.
You may sign up as either one or two players if you wish.
Brian Kent (SirSam)
İsa İlyas (Me)
Sid Maverick (b4usiddhu2)
Juan Mane Teme (LaMertesackerRun)