OT Xbox VS PS4

Hippyboy6
16719 posts World Class
edited July 2017
I'm considering switching to PS4 from Xbox as I've heard the gameplay is much smoother (biggest gripe this year) so wanted to get some opinions on the pros and cons of switching. I know posting in the xbox section will get a "slightly" biased view but we are a bit more sensible on this side :joy:

Due to Amazon prime day I can pick one up pretty cheap. It's £179 with crash bandicoot (sells for £40 on eBay) overwatch (sells for £20 on eBay) & a spare controller.

OT Xbox VS PS4 84 votes

Stick with Xbox
69%
CampinoDan is ClutchchazAgent VZLeonidasJBAgent MurhawkReusPikachuHumma78BenzP7JRDobbyDooDahDisgruntledmoleShaneCadey 5AnDrEwThEdOnCarswellPugzillaMontezumaP 58 votes
Swap to PS4
30%
GazzaHippyboy6ha032742AshyShaanxzOrange PrincePeterFabbearmaymanpeleDG4KHRandomLhama83edwinstreeRonan14Hagman10Adrian095 TheBigLebowskiSimmoEFCPJazzIzzy2K17 26 votes

Comments

• Mart
    7879 posts League Winner
    Both are equally bad. Would stay with Xbox, otherwise buy a PS4 next to it. They're cheap (for good reason).
  • Azof
    14811 posts World Class
    Mart wrote: »
    Both are equally bad.

• Hippyboy6
    16719 posts World Class
    Swap to PS4
    Looks like that deal has disappeared already but there's a few more later on
  • RoosGianni
    2356 posts Fans' Favourite
    Stick with Xbox
    I have both and I play on PS4 because my mates have PS4 as well.

Skill level on Xbox is higher than PS4 imo. Won div1 first time on it with a much cheaper team than on Xbox. Gameplay feels the same to me. Depends really.

I also like the Xbox controllers. They feel very good to play with.

I would stick with Xbox. Switch only if the majority of your friends play on PS4.
  • DoctorJoe19
    1028 posts Professional
    edited July 2017
    Stick with Xbox
    I have a ps4 and xbox, fifa is the only game i have on both, but online play feels more choppy on ps4 naturally, and xbox more smooth. Assuming full bar connection, ignoring occasional lag. So stick with xbox for fifa however buy a ps4 anyway for the games, has better exclusives e.g last of us, crash bandicoot
  • Sercs
    18162 posts World Class
    Stick with Xbox
    I prefer the layout and controller on XB, like most I was a big PS user until 360 came out..
  • Ronan14
    3469 posts National Call-Up
    Swap to PS4
    Buy ps4
    Play crash 1
    Get frustrated at the games difficulty
    Cry in a corner

Buy a switch

Seriously though PS4 is better, but if you want it for FIFA just go with whatever your friends have
  • Campino
    25956 posts Player of the Year
    Stick with Xbox
    I would never buy a console based on 1 game mate

Bought mordor and Bioshock yesterday before that sale ran out and played bioshock till 3.30am. FIFA has somewhat clouded my view as to other things and I loved not bothering about it.

Also think of people you game with as well. If you have loads of friends in PS then it might be a good descion but all my mates own Xbox so its never even entered my head
  • Shaanxz
    19322 posts World Class
    Swap to PS4
    If you're getting pes as well then for sure, options files are goat
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class
    Swap to PS4
    pro:
    im on ps4
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6738 posts Big Money Move
    best gameplay is on pc tbh. super smooth but ye gl with the cheaters
  • DoctorJoe19
    1028 posts Professional
    Stick with Xbox
    best gameplay is on pc tbh. super smooth but ye gl with the cheaters

Yeah ive played on pc, was playing with my mate. Fun but yeah lots of cheaters which reduce fut champs rewards. And fut champs has worse rewards for each tier aswell
  • Dan is Clutch
    22879 posts Club Captain
    Stick with Xbox
    All this "PS4 has no delay" "PS4 is much smoother" etc. If you actually go and read the PS4 section on here, they still complain about delay as well. :joy:
  • Azof
    14811 posts World Class
    All this "PS4 has no delay" "PS4 is much smoother" etc. If you actually go and read the PS4 section on here, they still complain about delay as well. :joy:

the grass is always greener on the other side til you get there
  • Shaanxz
    19322 posts World Class
    Swap to PS4

It's smoother but it's still ****
  • Recardo
    9094 posts League Winner
    PC
  • Currieman
    4849 posts National Call-Up
    Stick with Xbox
    The only reason I want a PS4 at the moment is for Crash Bandicoot! And then I've heard that it's insanely hard so maybe I'll just give it a miss :lol:
  • Mart
    7879 posts League Winner
    Azof wrote: »

Unless you're on PC.

Our grass is actually green.
  • Azof
    14811 posts World Class

Unless you're on PC.

Our grass is more realistic than the grass outside
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13870 posts Moderator
    I'm also thinking of changing and have absolutely no idea why i'm thinking it...

I think mostly because i feel PS4 has more options for 'mature gamers'... would that be right?

Also, i get to leave you mugs behind :trollface:
  • Mart
    7879 posts League Winner

Unless you're on PC.

Or should I say, we actually have grass. Their GPUs can't handle grass.
  • Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up
    Does anyone know when the next PS4 Crash deal is on, if I'd have known about that £170 one I'd have bitten their hands off that is a steal!
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    16824 posts World Class
    Stick with Xbox
    Currieman wrote: »
    The only reason I want a PS4 at the moment is for Crash Bandicoot! And then I've heard that it's insanely hard so maybe I'll just give it a miss :lol:

Will probably come out for Xbox anyway
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Swap to PS4
    Just because I swapped a week ago
  • UpstartCaesar
    3171 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 2017
    Does anyone know when the next PS4 Crash deal is on, if I'd have known about that £170 one I'd have bitten their hands off that is a steal!

Misread!
  • BenzP7
    8276 posts League Winner
    Stick with Xbox
    I have both consoles but I am going to stick to Xbox because I like the controller.
  • Shaanxz
    19322 posts World Class
    Swap to PS4

Unless you're on PC.

Or should I say, we actually have grass. Their GPUs can't handle grass.

Good look taking your pc to your mates house
  • Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 2017

Misread!

I did or you did :sweat_smile:

I'm starting to think he meant that's the price after you sell, who knows haha!
  • Hippyboy6
    16719 posts World Class
    Swap to PS4

Misread!

No that was the buy price, it was just before 11:00 this morning on the prime day. They've got another one up now but that has wipeout instead of crash bandicoot
  • UpstartCaesar
    3171 posts National Call-Up

Misread!

Ah I didn't misread you at all actually :D I picked up the 170 deal earlier, will work out costing nothing if I get rid of the Xbox and overwatch. Well worth it at that price