addicted to crossing

Comments

• tatadwader
    2423 posts Fans' Favourite
    the crazy thing is most players don't attempt crossing at all, unless they dribble to the goal line and cut a low driven cross back into the box.

I don't even defend opponents on the wing anymore, instead I just switch adn stand in front of whoever is waiting in the box.

I know crossing from the wing is not the most efficient method of attack, but it's not horrible either. especially if you do the double tap line drive cross.

fine with me, I'll keep banging them in from the wing to cavani, dybala, kane, etc...
  • teacherswag
    814 posts Semi-Pro
    tatadwader wrote: »
    the crazy thing is most players don't attempt crossing at all, unless they dribble to the goal line and cut a low driven cross back into the box.

I don't even defend opponents on the wing anymore, instead I just switch adn stand in front of whoever is waiting in the box.

I know crossing from the wing is not the most efficient method of attack, but it's not horrible either. especially if you do the double tap line drive cross.

fine with me, I'll keep banging them in from the wing to cavani, dybala, kane, etc...
    So what's the best formation for this? 442?
    4231-2
    4411?
    5212?
  • tatadwader

So what's the best formation for this? 442?
    4231-2
    4411?
    5212?

I'm on 3412 atm. It's been going well. Need low pressure in the cts tho.

It's been an effective formation for both crossing and balanced gameplay in general.
  • Kove
    4478 posts National Call-Up
    Rory Delap icon card please
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kove wrote: »
    Rory Delap icon card please

Luca Toni as well please.
  • Totti to cavani and mbappe lately has been working wonders for me, scoring a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ton of headers , also tots karsdorp is the goat
  • BullishBull
    922 posts Semi-Pro
    Lee the Lion Cattermole channelling his inner Beckham. An absolute beauty.

http://xboxclips.com/BullishBull/fe07b550-4e00-485c-a996-2db6f23174a6
  • BullishBull
    922 posts Semi-Pro
    This attacking move made me very proud, this is how you deal with Kante lads.

http://xboxclips.com/BullishBull/0749c854-41dd-4d62-896f-35d8612c33dd
  • Indifferent
    89 posts Park Captain
    Is it only me, but seems like "false 9" player instruction works better for crossing than "target man" or any other?

Using it for Icardi and Lukaku in my two 5-2-1-2 teams.
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    Is it only me, but seems like "false 9" player instruction works better for crossing than "target man" or any other?

Using it for Icardi and Lukaku in my two 5-2-1-2 teams.

yeah.
    especially for players that attack crosses
  • Swoople
    1130 posts Professional
    Why really just start play one kind of style, be more of an complete player since this will just end up, that your oppenment is gonna read your all game long and knows what your gonna do. Don't really understand why play one style when they are like plenty more. Try to put them all togheter and you will have a much more fun playstyle with different looking goals instead of the same.

One playstyle = easy to predict, simple plays, same looking goals. (pretty much looks like an robot that are playing.)
    More playstyles= Less predicable, more of a football looking game, beutiful goals with both volleys, headers, longshots etc. More of an complete player.
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    they can try n read yer but if yer st is peeling off and then attacking with a run to a cut back cross they will be in trouble if they dont switch to the right defender.....not always of course as the crossing in this game is still nerfed compared to other aspects of the game.
  • tatadwader
    whoa...

I just gave tots Dzeko a try as I was getting bored, looking for something different.

My word. 5 games 9 goals 1 assist. All his goals are either straight blasts from outside the box (99 shot power) or powerful headers where the defenders part like the red sea as he comes in for the finish. Excellent movement off the ball as well in the build up.

So glad I found this gem!

Strong link to Nain as well which helps with my hybrid.

No instructions, just domination.

Very fun to use.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4356 posts National Call-Up
    Had to sell off the team, just wasn't enjoying it as much as I was at the start. Got a bit tedious only having very few chances in my games.

442 cross abuse is superb for Divisions or just Single Online Matches, but it's a different ball game completely in WL. May repurchase at some point.
  • protzbischof
    3389 posts National Call-Up
    Had to sell off the team, just wasn't enjoying it as much as I was at the start. Got a bit tedious only having very few chances in my games.

442 cross abuse is superb for Divisions or just Single Online Matches, but it's a different ball game completely in WL. May repurchase at some point.

try to play 4231-2. You can actually attack through the middle and the wings. Easier to build up but you can still spam crosses if you want. I played a couple of games with the 442 and it reminded me why I like the 4231-2 so much. The Cam connects everything and really makes a big difference.
  • gresh1978
    2687 posts Fans' Favourite
    whoa...

I just gave tots Dzeko a try as I was getting bored, looking for something different.

My word. 5 games 9 goals 1 assist. All his goals are either straight blasts from outside the box (99 shot power) or powerful headers where the defenders part like the red sea as he comes in for the finish. Excellent movement off the ball as well in the build up.

Very fun to use.

What formation are you using and what CTs and instructions?
  • gresh1978

try to play 4231-2. You can actually attack through the middle and the wings. Easier to build up but you can still spam crosses if you want. I played a couple of games with the 442 and it reminded me why I like the 4231-2 so much. The Cam connects everything and really makes a big difference.

Do you have a sample team we could look at and what CT'S and instructions would you recommend?
  • gresh1978

What are going to with now then?
  • tatadwader
    gresh1978 wrote: »
    whoa...

Very fun to use.

What formation are you using and what CTs and instructions?

3412 (Dzeko @ lst)

low pressure, high aggression, high speed, high crossing.

Everything else close to the middle.

no player instructions.
  • Nervous_Nick
    6528 posts Big Money Move
    88 Benteke...just wow!
    5 goals in 5 games so far...all headers!
    Used him in 433(3), 442, 5212, 4231(2)...he always delivers.
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    I think someone else added me on xbox for a cross-off but i didnt respond, sorry! Who ever it was, send me a message on here so we can coordinate. When im online i usually jump straight on for a match, so i might not see your message right away!!! just a heads up. Still down to play any time!

• protzbischof
    3389 posts National Call-Up
    gresh1978 wrote: »

Do you have a sample team we could look at and what CT'S and instructions would you recommend?

Hey. I am playing 433-3 lately because it offers me the ability to counter / play long balls down the wings while im very solid in defense. CTs : 60/60 org 50/60/50 org 40/50/50 cover. Wingers stay wide and get in behind, striker stay central possibly get in behind. CDM and fullbacks stay back.
  • Colonel_Getafe
    87 posts Park Captain
    Got big Bas Dost doing it for me, if he doesn't head the ball then he kicks it to death from anywhere 35 yards inwards. My hero.

TOTS Promes and Overmars working the wings for him.
  • Razorback86
    658 posts Semi-Pro
    Got big Bas Dost doing it for me, if he doesn't head the ball then he kicks it to death from anywhere 35 yards inwards. My hero.

Sounds tempting. Running a squad with Al Soma right now, but really want to try Dost.
  • Colonel_Getafe
    87 posts Park Captain

Sounds tempting. Running a squad with Al Soma right now, but really want to try Dost.

Only striker on this Fifa who has had a goal or more a game ratio for me.

Love using him.
  • Rinoa
    997 posts Professional
    4222 is a really underused formation for crossing in my opinion and is more solid in defence than the other suggestions I saw on this thread. The only downside is you need to use really high pace (90+) CAMS/ Strikers etc in the CAM role and every time you get the ball basically run wide doing 1'2s with the full buacks and cross. Have both strikers as tall target man and it works wonders. Used this few weeks ago in WL with Dyzuba/ Guiliano and Dzeko/mertens. You can get easy triangle chem with the cdm on each side.

• tatadwader

I tried Dost but for me he was nowhere near as effective as Dzeko.