The English Football League Lounge 2016/17

Comments

• WFCBagnall
    78797 posts Moderator
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    Leonard apparently staying at Southend. Don't really care, only really wanted to sign him to wind up my girlfriend. Happy with Saville.

Conor McLaughlin having a medical at some point soon, so he's pretty much signed. Got the two best fullbacks from League One last season in Meredith and McLaughlin. Very happy with that.

Fee agreed for Jake Cooper, would love to sign him, class player. Really need a LCB considering Hutchinson spends most of his time in the medical room.

Fred Onyedinma contract talks still ongoing. Kid is doing my head in now. Sign or **** off, simple as.

Gregory Morison
    Ferguson Williams Saville Wallace
    Meredith Cooper Webster McLaughlin
    Archer

Subs: King, Romeo, Hutchinson, Fred, Thompson, O'Brien, Elliott

Should be more than capable of avoiding relegation with that side.

Freeman was the best RB in league 1 mate

He was up there with McCarthy that's for sure.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3902 posts National Call-Up
    Only just realised we're on Sky this September :D
  • Handy Andy
    5927 posts Big Money Move
    Williams is definitely gone then :'(
    DD6FwBsW0AExCEw.jpg
    DD6FwB2WsAAI8FS.jpg
    DD6FwB6XkAMCnUQ.jpg
  • strings79
    2172 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 2017
    @Handy Andy just been confirmed Williams has signed for us 2 year deal hope he makes the step up
  • REID_ARMY
    785 posts Semi-Pro
    Kingy wrote: »
    @REID_ARMY

We have been linked with Connor Hunte who you had on loan briefly, any good?

Fans didn't seem to like him and he didn't play from about October onwards but he certainly has potential and is a decent player at League 2 level
  • Kingy
    2348 posts Fans' Favourite
    REID_ARMY wrote: »
    Kingy wrote: »
    @REID_ARMY

We have been linked with Connor Hunte who you had on loan briefly, any good?

Fans didn't seem to like him and he didn't play from about October onwards but he certainly has potential and is a decent player at League 2 level

OK cheers, hopefully turns out to be a good signing then.. (if we sign him..)
  • Handy Andy
    strings79 wrote: »
    @Handy Andy just been confirmed Williams has signed for us 2 year deal hope he makes the step up

nice, hope he does well for you :3

surprised it is only a 2 year deal though
  • AtomicOdin
    1161 posts Professional
    Only just realised we're on Sky this September :D

Against us that isnt it, 1230 kick off so a nice early start for any fans coming up. Love how sky always put the fans first eh.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7367 posts Big Money Move
    Handy Andy wrote: »

Probably for the year in the Prem and then the following season in the Championship to see if they can go back up and they'll go from there.
  • Handy Andy

Probably for the year in the Prem and then the following season in the Championship to see if they can go back up and they'll go from there.

You're so sure they are going down straight away :joy: (I think they will too but still :D )
  • wheelerdeeler

You're so sure they are going down straight away :joy: (I think they will too but still :D )

To me their signings are saying they will considering they're basically getting a very good Championship team with guys like Ince and Williams.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3839 posts National Call-Up

To me their signings are saying they will considering they're basically getting a very good Championship team with guys like Ince and Williams.
    Until those guys decide to go to the next team.

Williams though.. :( My ultimate team captain!
  • Lard_Lad
    12737 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 2017

They didn't have a top 6 Championship team according to most at the start of the season, infact most people expected them to be bottom half, so getting promotion with a relegation team in what you lot on here think is by far the hardest and most talented league in the world, I think people are underestimating them again.
  • Handy Andy

They didn't have a top 6 Championship team according to most at the start of the season, infact most people expected them to be bottom half, so getting promotion with a relegation team in what you lot on here think is by far the hardest and most talented league in the world, I think people are underestimating them again.

tbf I also said if we went up we would get slaughtered :joy:
  • strings79
    Keep writing us off guys everyone did that last season and we didn't do half bad ;)
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4251 posts National Call-Up
    Keep writing us off guys everyone did that last season and we didn't do half bad ;)

If you don't get relegated next season I'll happily get 'Huddersfield Town - Champions 2018/19' with a Premier League Trophy underneath tattooed on my forehead.
  • wheelerdeeler

They'll probably do what Blackpool did. Have their moments, cause a shock or two but ultimately go down.
  • strings79

If you don't get relegated next season I'll happily get 'Huddersfield Town - Champions 2018/19' with a Premier League Trophy underneath tattooed on my forehead.

Lol will hold you to that lad I'm a realist and know it's going to be hard as hell staying up but I don't think we will be as bad as people seem to think and could genuinely shock a few so called experts
  • Dizzy Bala
    Looking at who they are buying, think it will be a struggle but financially, they're set for a while now even with one season in the Premierleague. Think Newcastle are gunna be the only ones that stay up.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Looking at who they are buying, think it will be a struggle but financially, they're set for a while now even with one season in the Premierleague. Think Newcastle are gunna be the only ones that stay up.

Brighton could stay up to be fair to them. Everyone who finished below Everton last season could genuinely go down next season they were so poor. They just got lucky that Boro and Sunderland were shocking and Hull's little run under Marco Silva ended a bit too early to keep them up.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4251 posts National Call-Up

Lol will hold you to that lad I'm a realist and know it's going to be hard as hell staying up but I don't think we will be as bad as people seem to think and could genuinely shock a few so called experts

Just can't see it.

You conceded 4+ goals on 3 occasions, only Burton, Rotherham and Reading achieved that on more occasions than Huddersfield. You only scored 3 goals on 4 occasions, 2 on 12, 1 on 20, 0 on 10, you never scored 4+. You don't score nearly enough goals to stay up, nor do you have a defence solid enough to keep them out. I think you could well be the whipping boys for Premier League sides next season. Basically, you're going to be another Middlesbrough, but with a much, much worse defence.
  • strings79

Just can't see it.

You conceded 4+ goals on 3 occasions, only Burton, Rotherham and Reading achieved that on more occasions than Huddersfield. You only scored 3 goals on 4 occasions, 2 on 12, 1 on 20, 0 on 10, you never scored 4+. You don't score nearly enough goals to stay up, nor do you have a defence solid enough to keep them out. I think you could well be the whipping boys for Premier League sides next season. Basically, you're going to be another Middlesbrough, but with a much, much worse defence.

Fair enough if that's your opinion rumoured to be signing a striker called Steve Mounie in next couple of days for circa £13 million scored 15 in Ligue 1 for Montpellier last season so hopefully he will bag a few also meant to be in for a couple of centre halfs so you never know tbh I'm just going to enjoy the ride.
  • WFCBagnall
    78797 posts Moderator

Noted.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

Noted.

• Dizzy Bala
    Think probably we're going to lose Assombalonga now, Burnley getting desperate over Gray wanting to leave and Boro don't seem like they are after anyone else up front. I wouldn't want him to go to another Championship team, for obvious reasons but everyone has their price like Gibson does at Boro and Keane did at Burnley. Dunno who we could get to replace him, suppose Daryl Murphy won't get many games at Newcastle and I dunno what McCormack's position is at Villa, whether they'd be open to getting their money back.

Personally, feel like unless it's stupid money, we shouldn't let him go. He's under contract for four more seasons and he's guarenteed goals.
  • Hicksy2011
    16901 posts World Class
    Yay announcement today :)
    About time we signed another player (although it could just be a contract renewal)
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    edited July 2017
    Think probably we're going to lose Assombalonga now, Burnley getting desperate over Gray wanting to leave and Boro don't seem like they are after anyone else up front. I wouldn't want him to go to another Championship team, for obvious reasons but everyone has their price like Gibson does at Boro and Keane did at Burnley. Dunno who we could get to replace him, suppose Daryl Murphy won't get many games at Newcastle and I dunno what McCormack's position is at Villa, whether they'd be open to getting their money back.

Personally, feel like unless it's stupid money, we shouldn't let him go. He's under contract for four more seasons and he's guarenteed goals.

Get the replacement in first and then drag it out until 31st Aug and double his price, a la Kodjia.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited July 2017

He's also guaranteed to be injured 50% of the time. If you could get 10 Mill for him I'd bite their hands off. Sounds like Burnley are getting Walters as well now.
  • iHilarious
    13294 posts Has That Special Something
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Yay announcement today :)
    About time we signed another player (although it could just be a contract renewal)

I wouldn't mind a renewal of a certain Scotsman, it's getting worrying :(
  • They Caged Non
    6257 posts Big Money Move
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »

Get the replacement in first and then drag it out until 31st Aug and double his price, a la Kodjia.

Im not that fussed about us paying stupid money for him, he scored 14 goals last season not 34.. and he is injury prone, imagine spending 15-16m on him to then do his knee in after 5 games.

This discussion has been closed.