The English Football League Lounge 2016/17

Comments

• Dizzy Bala
    3842 posts National Call-Up
    Seems like we're signing Barrie McKay from Rangers and possibly Adam Bogdan from Liverpool. Decent.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Adam Bogdan
    Decent.

giphy.gif
  • Lard_Lad
    12737 posts Has That Special Something
    A new rumour how exciting, makes a change from Leonard, Holmes or EEL

Seems a decent player, wouldn't mind him
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4251 posts National Call-Up
    I actually like Friday games provided it's a "big" game. Helps if you win as well because it puts you in a good mood for the whole weekend.

I wouldn't mind it as much if it wasn't the first game of the season, but I like kicking off the season at the same time as everyone else, know where you stand after the first game in comparison to everyone else etc.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    edited July 2017
    Leonard apparently staying at Southend. Don't really care, only really wanted to sign him to wind up my girlfriend. Happy with Saville.

Conor McLaughlin having a medical at some point soon, so he's pretty much signed. Got the two best fullbacks from League One last season in Meredith and McLaughlin. Very happy with that.

Fee agreed for Jake Cooper, would love to sign him, class player. Really need a LCB considering Hutchinson spends most of his time in the medical room.

Fred Onyedinma contract talks still ongoing. Kid is doing my head in now. Sign or ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off, simple as.

Gregory Morison
    Ferguson Williams Saville Wallace
    Meredith Cooper Webster McLaughlin
    Archer

Subs: King, Romeo, Hutchinson, Fred, Thompson, O'Brien, Elliott

Should be more than capable of avoiding relegation with that side.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    I actually like Friday games provided it's a "big" game. Helps if you win as well because it puts you in a good mood for the whole weekend.

I wouldn't mind it as much if it wasn't the first game of the season, but I like kicking off the season at the same time as everyone else, know where you stand after the first game in comparison to everyone else etc.

Last time we kicked off before the rest of the league we won the league....hope springs eternal!
  • Karlos
    24379 posts Club Captain
    Loaned out Scott Burgess to Macclesfield. He's way better than that level.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »

Last time we kicked off before the rest of the league we won the league....hope springs eternal!

Hopefully we repeat the result of our first game back in the Championship last time round.

David James' first game for Bristol City. Conceded 3, poor bloke.
  • Dizzy Bala
    Here we go.. We bought him for that though mind so i'd expect for that to be rejected.
  • Lard_Lad
    Leonard apparently staying at Southend. Don't really care, only really wanted to sign him to wind up my girlfriend. Happy with Saville.

Conor McLaughlin having a medical at some point soon, so he's pretty much signed. Got the two best fullbacks from League One last season in Meredith and McLaughlin. Very happy with that.

Fee agreed for Jake Cooper, would love to sign him, class player. Really need a LCB considering Hutchinson spends most of his time in the medical room.

Fred Onyedinma contract talks still ongoing. Kid is doing my head in now. Sign or **** off, simple as.

Gregory Morison
    Archer

Freeman was the best RB in league 1 mate
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    Lard_Lad wrote: »

Fred Onyedinma contract talks still ongoing. Kid is doing my head in now. Sign or **** off, simple as.

Gregory Morison
    Archer

Freeman was the best RB in league 1 mate

Debatable :smile:
  • Karlos
    24379 posts Club Captain

Arry won't be happy when he sees this.
  • UK_Cam
    1330 posts Professional
    Club record fee for Ince so looking like it'll end up at over the £10.5 million we got for Hendrick. So we've got over £30 million from Ince, Hughes, Hendrick, Grant and the Martin loan fee in the past year which basically covers all the shower of sh*te signings we've made over the past 2-3 years. Rowett has effectively pressed the reset button :joy:

Despite the sales, our team isn't looking too bad, just need a replacement for Ince and then maybe an extra midfielder, but I'm hoping more are on the way out still so Rowett can bring in even more new faces.
    Carson
    Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth
    Thorne Johnson
    New Vydra/Nugent Russell/New
    Martin

Still more than capable of challenging for the play offs.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner

Hopefully we repeat the result of our first game back in the Championship last time round.

Don't remind me, I thought I'd erased that ❤️❤️❤️❤️ show from my memory!
  • mott1993
    935 posts Semi-Pro

Don't remind me, I thought I'd erased that **** show from my memory!

Which one? There were a few
  • AtomicOdin
    1161 posts Professional
    Starting to look a strong team now, probably better than last season once we have finished spending.

Think we will mostly swap between 4231/4312/352 next season. Got loads of attacking options now, and Gilliead looks like he is rejoining from Newcastle as well. Just need to bring in a few defenders, McMahon and Sattlemeiar signed new deals yesterday as well.

• They Caged Non
    6267 posts Big Money Move
    Here we go.. We bought him for that though mind so i'd expect for that to be rejected.

Class, our local paper has him all but signed for the Boro, proves that journalists are clueless cretins

• Lard_Lad
    George Long has joined Wimbledon on loan, expecting a new keeper soon, most likely Adam Smith
  • REID_ARMY
    785 posts Semi-Pro
    Team is coming together;
    Fryer
    Henry Wilkinson King Martin
    Turgott Beautyman Gorman Kennedy
    Godden Newton

Sarll said he wants a RB, CB, ST and CM which is understandable as Gorman is still young and Henry isn't good enough. Apparently Derby and Leeds are interested in Kennedy, but he needs another season at this level IMO
  • Dizzy Bala
    Bournemouth signed Mahoney and he's going into their Under 23s team where as he'd of been playing first team football for us or Boro. What a nob.
  • UK_Cam
    1330 posts Professional
    REID_ARMY wrote: »
    Team is coming together;
    Fryer
    Godden Newton

Sarll said he wants a RB, CB, ST and CM which is understandable as Gorman is still young and Henry isn't good enough. Apparently Derby and Leeds are interested in Kennedy, but he needs another season at this level IMO

Where have you heard this?
  • Lard_Lad
    Bournemouth signed Mahoney and he's going into their Under 23s team where as he'd of been playing first team football for us or Boro. What a nob.

It's only going to keep happening, teams are looking at what Chelsea have done and are stock pulling all the best young talent, there's little risk or cost and the reward could be pretty high. Chelsea have stock pilled a ridiculous amount of youngsters and even if very few ever pay for Chelsea they'll still make money on them selling them to smaller clubs (Solanke and Ake are prime examples) Everton have followed suit and more and more Prem clubs will start to do it
  • REID_ARMY
    785 posts Semi-Pro
    UK_Cam wrote: »
    Team is coming together;
    Fryer
    Godden Newton

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-transfer-talk-rams-and-leeds-united-to-battle-for-league-two-youngster/story-30418177-detail/story.html

Dunno if its reputable
  • UK_Cam
    1330 posts Professional
    UK_Cam wrote: »
    Team is coming together;
    Fryer
    Godden Newton

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-transfer-talk-rams-and-leeds-united-to-battle-for-league-two-youngster/story-30418177-detail/story.html

Dunno if its reputable

Ahh. Nah, our local paper has become quite bad for stories, they just take any old rumour and post it for a few extra clicks. Think this one came from here:
    https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/derby-and-leeds-to-lock-horns-in-quest-to-land-20-year-old-midfield-sensation/
  • Hicksy2011
    16957 posts World Class
    We have sold more season tickets this season already then we did the season we won the FA cup
    How is that even possible
  • Bland Poobah
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero

Hopefully he can get us playing some decent football, I'm quite excited about this :)
  • Handy Andy
    5934 posts Big Money Move
    Jaap signed a new contract :3:3

Gunter apparently set to reject a move to Boro after they activated his release clause also :3

Just need a couple of signings and we're good
  • Kingy
    2352 posts Fans' Favourite
    @REID_ARMY

We have been linked with Connor Hunte who you had on loan briefly, any good?
  • james2060
    2961 posts Fans' Favourite

Worth double that for sure
This discussion has been closed.