Will EA do anything to reduce the effectiveness of high pressure and agression for Fifa 18

ItsWideRight
702 posts Semi-Pro
To me it's a necessity that they do this as this has easily been the worst in any fifa game, it's been nearly game breaking.

High press has always been there since i came back to fifa in 09 but imo it's been at it's most effective in fifa 17. Hell i used to look forward to people who would high press against in like fifa 11 as i would use it against them but you can't do that in FIFA 17 90% of the time.

I don't think they will ton down strength and aggression (i wish they would but it's unlikely) so you will still have your Kante's and Renato Sanches charging around 100mph but i think that if you had quicker players with high ball control, dribbling and passing you would be able to receive and pass the ball quickly and get away from the pressure.

Right now initial ball control is too slow and that extra touch they love making is death against high pressure and then your passes go 5 yards away from your intended target far too often.

Comments

• Flapjack
    6948 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 2017
    It's no where near as bad this FIFA. Button lag is the bigger problem, otherwise you can lay it off or shield it more effectively than previous years.

It could certainly be toned down but by far the worst it's been? Not even close imo. And as long as manual switching stays in the game, there's always gonba be high pressure.
  • Ovo23
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    To me it's a necessity that they do this as this has easily been the worst in any fifa game, it's been nearly game breaking.

High press has always been there since i came back to fifa in 09 but imo it's been at it's most effective in fifa 17. Hell i used to look forward to people who would high press against in like fifa 11 as i would use it against them but you can't do that in FIFA 17 90% of the time.

I don't think they will ton down strength and aggression (i wish they would but it's unlikely) so you will still have your Kante's and Renato Sanches charging around 100mph but i think that if you had quicker players with high ball control, dribbling and passing you would be able to receive and pass the ball quickly and get away from the pressure.

Right now initial ball control is too slow and that extra touch they love making is death against high pressure and then your passes go 5 yards away from your intended target far too often.

nothing wrong with high pressure.. you want to be aggressive and conquer the ball back.. people playing high pressure do at least everything manually... it is 10 times better than passive defending like just sit back and let the AI defend for you...
    There are many tutorials to beat high pressure.. just git gud

• without aggression and high pressure you can easily pass the ball around for 90' without losing the ball once. even now if you are capable enough you can do that, imagine a weekend league match if they tone it down.
  • Gerdinho90
    258 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 2017
    Without the existence of high pressure, fifa 17 would have been completely broken.

Passing and shielding is already very easy to perform. Keeping the ball is therefore very easy as well.

Using high pressure gives you at least the chance to get the ball back, but you can be countered fairly easily.

Without high pressure, people who Park the bus all game and hold L2 would be almost unstoppable. You sound like you are that type of guy. Can't wait for fifa 18, which hopefully removes this play style and you drop back to silver level. As of right now, you can easily get to elite by parking it and abusing the L2 button.
  • ItsWideRight
    702 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 2017
    Gerdinho90 wrote: »
    Without the existence of high pressure, fifa 17 would have been completely broken.

Passing and shielding is already very easy to perform. Keeping the ball is therefore very easy as well.

Using high pressure gives you at least the chance to get the ball back, but you can be countered fairly easily.

Without high pressure, people who Park the bus all game and hold L2 would be almost unstoppable. You sound like you are that type of guy. Can't wait for fifa 18, which hopefully removes this play style and you drop back to silver level. As of right now, you can easily get to elite by parking it and abusing the L2 button.

I play balanced actually so you would be very wrong, don't make assumptions.

High press can't easily be countered if you play ultra defensive on the back end, if you played high press but the price was if i break it you would have a high line in behind that would be great but it's not the case on this version.

You can play high press and have a deep defensive line.
  • Dutchcaliber
    2788 posts Fans' Favourite

High press can't easily be countered if you play ultra defensive on the back end, if you played high press but the price was if i break it you would have a high line in behind that would be great but it's not the case on this version.

If he presses high with a deep defensive line means he has huge gaps in his midfield. You shouls throw your midfielders forward to abuse that space.
  • iNero
    797 posts Semi-Pro
    Stupid complaint
    I hate people who sit back and don't tackle it's so dam boring the AI just stay solid and defend for you

I like to go for the ball manually and tackle my opponent
  • Gerdinho90 wrote: »

If he presses high with a deep defensive line means he has huge gaps in his midfield. You shouls throw your midfielders forward to abuse that space.

That sounds good in theory but in reality it doesn't play out that way in game.
  • ItsWideRight
    702 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 2017
    iNero wrote: »
    Stupid complaint
    I hate people who sit back and don't tackle it's so dam boring the AI just stay solid and defend for you

Great and if you do that it should drain your stamina so in the last 30 minutes your players are dead from charging around non stop.

I think it's bad for the game to render players who don't have high strength and aggression ineffective for the large part.

Look what happened to the England football team for 25 years because they focused on physicality over technical ability, that is FIFA 17.

• TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional

I've never used high pressure, my teams aren't that sort of style - playing a slow possession based game partially revolves around patience and some shielding (not excessive) - I get Elite 3 and am pretty average.

YOU sound like a dry silver player, charging around with high physical monsters barging through everyone because the game accommodates for this unrealistic style.
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    Its not the high pressure...its the stamina levels when you use hp.

also some players are absolute garbage at it in real life ..but in game they can.

seems like way too much hard work for ea to get it right.
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    fifa 17 - special features(not allowed to talk about on here) - button delay = perfect game
  • iNero
    797 posts Semi-Pro
    Stupid complaint

Great and if you do that it should drain your stamina so in the last 30 minutes your players are dead from charging around non stop.

I think it's bad for the game to render players who don't have high strength and aggression ineffective for the large part.

Look what happened to the England football team for 25 years because they focused on physicality over technical ability, that is FIFA 17.

It does I hate anybody with stamina lower than 80
    With over 90 being much preferred.

I also put a fitness card on every game as it destroys fitness to

Stamina has been majorly implemented this year compared to last few Fifa's when I never even looked at it..so go cry elsewhere about someone playing differently from you
  • ASH32
    1791 posts Play-Off Hero
    without aggression and high pressure you can easily pass the ball around for 90' without losing the ball once. even now if you are capable enough you can do that, imagine a weekend league match if they tone it down.

Yes can't tone it down unless you make everyone use manual controls and EA won't do that. Otherwise first goal wins will be the game, with keep ball after that.
  • mindm4ster
    4945 posts Big Money Move
    Flapjack wrote: »
    It's no where near as bad this FIFA. Button lag is the bigger problem, otherwise you can lay it off or shield it more effectively than previous years.

It could certainly be toned down but by far the worst it's been? Not even close imo. And as long as manual switching stays in the game, there's always gonba be high pressure.

^
    this
  • ZizioGardo
    1394 posts Professional

Didn't you play FIFA 16? It made FIFA 16 almost unplayable. High pressure + bad passing = a horrible mess.

The passing in FIFA 16 was sooo baaad. The accuracy was way off and the power up didn't match the input most of the time. It made it really hard to play against high pressure players, because the passing was so horrible that you lost the ball even if you tried to pass your way out of the pressure.

It's always hard to play against those players if you're not used to it. But in FIFA 17 it's way easier than it was in FIFA 16. I still agree with OP that EA should do something about the high pressure. In real life teams cannot play high pressure football for. 90 min'. They can hardly play it in 45 min, and then their players are just hammered. That should also happen in FIFA.

And for God's sake.. fix the refs!
    High aggression players with the slide tackles all game does my head in. It's not even good clean slide tackles, but slides from behind and not even a foul is given. Hardly any cards are given at all in this game.

There should be given more cards and be less injuries. The amount of foot injuries in this game is laughable.
    Most of the time that I get an injury it's due to a random collision between two players, and not even due to a crazy slide tackle.
    BTW. the dumbest injury in the game, it's when you're players get injuried after taking a shot.

• Mattheos
    1352 posts Professional
    It's collision's & the stupid animations that result from these collisions. First touch on short passes slows passing down & allows pacey wingers to sprint in & smash you to the ground. Injuries are ridiculous, I had my front 3 injured in one game due to these crazy challenges. Refs rarely call fouls in the box especially tackles from behind. Another thing I notice is I'll be carving up an opponent up the middle, he pauses, put's some rubbish tactic & all of a sudden the defense becomes rigid & extremely difficult to break down.
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    Stupid complaint

Stamina has been majorly implemented this year compared to last few Fifa's when I never even looked at it..so go cry elsewhere about someone playing differently from you

lol
    the way players press they would be donald ducked by half time.
    the press is normally a triggered action...not the full 90 mins liek on fifa where everyone seems to run full speed.

it has been implemented in a complete amatuerish manner....but this is ea.

• LittleAnt
    1201 posts Professional
    I lose track, isn't ultra defensive, contain the op thing this year? People need to make their minds up
  • Flamstead
    2845 posts Fans' Favourite
    Don't care if people play high pressure and aggression as long as it has a realistic detrimental effect on their stamina in the latter stages of the game. Currently it doesn't, if it did, bronze benching would be a thing of the past as subs would actually need to be used.
  • iNero
    797 posts Semi-Pro
    Stupid complaint

lol
    the way players press they would be donald ducked by half time.
    the press is normally a triggered action...not the full 90 mins liek on fifa where everyone seems to run full speed.

it has been implemented in a complete amatuerish manner....but this is ea.

I'm still not grasping this ...players with lower stamina do die earlier usually 60 mins or so they need changed to continue with the same pressing

This game would be boring as hell if we all were forced to play a slow style sitting deep letting the AI defend well cutting passing lanes isn't my idea of fun and every game I play like that is a dull 2 shots to each player game.

I don't want to choose when I can sprint with my player because he's going to be to tired this is a video game not a realistic simulation ...fun matters
  • PiotrLolo
    1523 posts Play-Off Hero
    Don't care if people play high pressure and aggression as long as it has a realistic detrimental effect on their stamina in the latter stages of the game. Currently it doesn't, if it did, bronze benching would be a thing of the past as subs would actually need to be used.

This. I don't mind if someone is playing high pressure from 1st to 90th minute but if this person is not punished for this (stamina) and I'm struggling with button delay how the hell should I have fun with this game?
  • Primal
    4500 posts National Call-Up
    Sure it's the other way round. With ptb and low pressure your team doesnt pressure enough to win the ball back and with the use of shielding its a nightmare.
  • Nauticius
    367 posts Sunday League Hero

Exactly this.
  • WallOfTrump
    585 posts Sunday League Hero
    High pressure is far more op and unrealistic than people using computer aid.

My guess is most people that complain about computer defending are high pressure bowling balls that over dribble on offense.

If you dribble in the corner or space you won't make a shot from my priority is closing down your options with the manual control not tackling you. Far more realistic that just running at every player.

However if I leave the computer on you in dangerous space you should be able to make a shot. That's where I need to close you down. Granted if I think I can close you down I'll take it. But recklessly trying to charge with every touch of the ball is stupid. And mimicking your motions is a waste of Manual control when I could be shutting down your options...

High pressure is garbage especially with the common lag in the online game.
  • Gerdinho90
    258 posts Sunday League Hero
    you basically HAVE to use high pressure vs people who park the bus all game in order to avoid penalty shoot-outs against weaker players.

if EA takes this away, the game becomes a park the bus fest in which the skill gap is even more reduced.

cant believe people actually think high pressure is overpowered.

The only issues with the game are park the bus, overpowered defensive AI and input delay. Applying high pressure requires 100000x more skill than sitting at the back.

I reached 40-0 this week by playing high pressure. i've conceded goals on the counter but I only had 1 penalty shootout the entire weekend. Games were mostly decided within 90 minutes. Far less frustrating than playing defensive vs a park the bus robot.
  • paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move
    Stupid complaint

Stupid complaint

You could have 100 stamina, but plying high tempo high press, players should still be out on their feet late on.

Hp is a valid tactic but should have consequences. It doesn't.

Ptb/counter Is valid, but should have consequences. It doesn't.

I could go on. The problem is the game doesn't have balance. every style, Inc mixing it up, should be valid bug all should have flaws to exploit. But they don't.
  • ItsWideRight
    702 posts Semi-Pro
    you basically HAVE to use high pressure vs people who park the bus all game in order to avoid penalty shoot-outs against weaker players.

if EA takes this away, the game becomes a park the bus fest in which the skill gap is even more reduced.

cant believe people actually think high pressure is overpowered.

The only issues with the game are park the bus, overpowered defensive AI and input delay. Applying high pressure requires 100000x more skill than sitting at the back.

I reached 40-0 this week by playing high pressure. i've conceded goals on the counter but I only had 1 penalty shootout the entire weekend. Games were mostly decided within 90 minutes. Far less frustrating than playing defensive vs a park the bus robot.

Oh i think they should either remove PTB aswell or atleast make it realistic where you can't leave 3 attackers up the pitch waiting on the halfway line, that goes against what PTB actually is in real life where they only leave one guy up who has to hold the ball waiting for his team to join the attack.
  • ItsWideRight
    702 posts Semi-Pro

You could have 100 stamina, but plying high tempo high press, players should still be out on their feet late on.

Hp is a valid tactic but should have consequences. It doesn't.

Ptb/counter Is valid, but should have consequences. It doesn't.

I could go on. The problem is the game doesn't have balance. every style, Inc mixing it up, should be valid bug all should have flaws to exploit. But they don't.

Exactly if you want to pay high press or PTB/Ultra defensive you should have to pay a price for that in some way.

On previous FIFA games you would play people who would use 5atb and Ultra defensive and they couldn't get out as i would dominate possession until i finally broke through.

On this version ultra defensive does not limit your attack in any way.
  • RadioShaq
    15086 posts Moderator
    Everyone complaines about shielding so high pressure will be op when they nerf shielding.