addicted to crossing

Nervous_Nick
5280 posts Big Money Move
what's the best formation for crossing ??
4-4-2 ??
4-3-3 ??
what else ?
do you prefer to have 2 big strikers in the box or just one ?
I'm sick of narrow formations and cross driven shoots.....my last months with Fifa17 will be crossing and nothing else. I don't care anymore if I win or lose games, I'm done with the WL. But I scored a couple of powerful headers with Icardi yesterday and it felt great....f**k tiki-taka, let's cross !

Comments

• BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    4-4-2 with Carroll and Crouch is all you need and off you go, start bombing those crosses in. You've got Icardi but you can also get Lacina Traore the 6'8 giant. If you can't fit him into a team at the start just have him as a sub for the second half when Crouch or Carroll get tired. It's better with two because it's double trouble having two strikers or you could have a combo of big and smaller/quicker. Carroll and Gabbiadini is not a bad combo. GL dude
  • Nervous_Nick
    carroll + crouch = 1150 coins...sounds nice! :D
  • Diggy
    13631 posts Has That Special Something
    Try using strikers with the target forward & power header traits & wingers & fullbacks with early crosser traits
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2678 posts Fans' Favourite
    Throw FIF Benteke in your team. Wins everything in the air and he's an absolute bargain.

I know they don't mean everything but compare his card to NIF Ibra and he's better in every area despite somehow being rated only 8 and cheap as chips.

Try him, you won't regret it.
  • TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    4 3 3 works well

BUT 442 is the best if you have two monsters up front together.

A PSG right side with Di Maria (THE GOAT crosser) and the best Cavani you can afford up top is a start point for a 442 cross team.

Left side could be BPL Belgians with the best Lukaku/Benteke and maybe a hazard on the left

Immobile, Icardi, Belotti, Dzeko, Al Soma, Modeste, Vieri , Carroll, Falcao -- list goes on, some real tanks in the air this year
  • Nervous_Nick
    TubAShet wrote: »
    4 3 3 works well

A PSG right side with Di Maria (THE GOAT crosser) and the best Cavani you can afford up top is a start point for a 442 cross team.

Left side could be BPL Belgians with the best Lukaku/Benteke and maybe a hazard on the left

Immobile, Icardi, Belotti, Dzeko, Al Soma, Modeste, Vieri , Carroll, Falcao -- list goes on, some real tanks in the air this year

I've never tried Cavani this year, so that's a nice idea. Cavani-Di Maria- Matuidi should do the job. BPL on the other side. Costa or Lukaku/Benteke ?
  • TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    TubAShet wrote: »
    4 3 3 works well

I've never tried Cavani this year, so that's a nice idea. Cavani-Di Maria- Matuidi should do the job. BPL on the other side. Costa or Lukaku/Benteke ?

Yup for sure, Benteke the best of those 3 for headers
  • Clancy
    7755 posts League Winner
    My doood, I've been hooked on crossing all of this FUT.

Can't stop. Won't stop.

5221 is the best formation, get some super quick wingers and fullbacks and pick a tower of a striker. FIF benteke, TOTS lukaku, TOTS Kane, TOTS dzeko, and TOTS Al soma are the best bets

2 striker forms didn't work as well for me with crossing
  • WallOfTrump
    585 posts Sunday League Hero
    If youre going 433 I'd go 433(4) with a big cam or second striker dropped to cam.
    I've had a ton of success with crosses with that formation.
  • Liam W
    2574 posts Fans' Favourite
    Anything with 2 forwards (4-3-2-1 also works but very few players in LF/RF are good at headers). I don't think you need Carroll or Crouch. Players like Lewandowski do a good job of winning headers as is (and offer much more) but the real issue is that crosses too often go out of play/to the goalkeeper and forwards don't get into good positions.

If you want a pure target man Mandzukic has to be the best is the business though. (also green link to Perisic who is good in the air!)
  • Nervous_Nick
    yeah the problem is that most of the time crosses go straight into the GK hands...
  • Bilbao_Baggins
    3938 posts National Call-Up
    So @Nervous_Nick what have u tried so far formation wise??? Anything seem decent?
  • Satch85
    1096 posts Professional
    5212, 2 big guys up top and set wing backs to always overlap and swing em in!
  • Nervous_Nick
    So @Nervous_Nick what have u tried so far formation wise??? Anything seem decent?

I'm trying good old 442, so far so good. Will also try 5212, i've always liked that formation!
    Just bought tots lukaku and tots costa, now i've got some serious weight up top!!
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4143 posts National Call-Up
    IF Llorente FIF Benteke
    SIF Mkhi Matic SMOTM Fellaini IF Pedro
    IF Baines IF Reid Smalling IF Trippier
    Butland

Think I'm gonna build this, not sure on IF Llorente though.
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 2017
    @Nervous_Nick I love crossing too man, its one of my favorite ways to score besides long shots and volleys!

I use a 4411 formation which is very balanced for all types of play, able to change tactics to what ever seems to break down the defense for that particular game, crossing is always effective with, whether its into the box, or in the mid of the pitch to switch up play and get someone in on goal.
    nif griez st -
    motm isco cf-
    88 carrasco lm - motm saul lcm - tots N'Zonzi rcm- 86 knockaert rm
    88 filipe luiz lb - otw umtiti lcb - tots perrin rcb - 82 jallet rb
    - tots ter stegen gk -

Filipe and Jallet both are great for playing up the side lines in for a cross. jallet has early crossing trait. Carrasco and Isco are always good at everything. My absolute favorite is 86 Anthony Knockaert. Even with his 3* weak foot, he still lands perfect crosses in the box for headers. I use him on corners as well, he has over 30 goals and assist for me so far.

Basically everyone in this squad could land a nice header, especially the midfield and my boy griezmann
    Post edited by yerwaltz on
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    IF Llorente FIF Benteke
    SIF Mkhi Matic SMOTM Fellaini IF Pedro
    IF Baines IF Reid Smalling IF Trippier
    Butland

Think I'm gonna build this, not sure on IF Llorente though.

Built it, except used Toure for Matic and Matip for IF Reid.

Won my first game 3-2, all 3 goals came from headers, Benteke with 2, Llorente with 1.
  • tatadwader
    2406 posts Fans' Favourite
    Actually 4321 is good for crossing.

I have both rf and lf on drift wide and they do, then I play thru balls to them and make crosses. The forward on the opposite side of the field joins the st and I often get 2 people in the box to receive the cross.

I play some of the elite strikers at lf and rf, since most of them have crossing in the 90s anyways they're just as good as di maria, etc.

Right now I use 90 dybala, 95 cavani, tots lukaku, and 95 hig as rf/lf. Only higuian has crossing lower than 90 rated.
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 2017
    tatadwader wrote: »
    Actually 4321 is good for crossing.

I have both rf and lf on drift wide and they do, then I play thru balls to them and make crosses. The forward on the opposite side of the field joins the st and I often get 2 people in the box to receive the cross.

I play some of the elite strikers at lf and rf, since most of them have crossing in the 90s anyways they're just as good as di maria, etc.

Right now I use 90 dybala, 95 cavani, tots lukaku, and 95 hig as rf/lf. Only higuian has crossing lower than 90 rated.

I like this, would maybe consider switching my team up to this formation/tactics, been wanting to use 3 CMs on the pitch at once. I have 88 Casemiro on the bench right now but want to utilize his long passer trait more.
  • Bilbao_Baggins
    3938 posts National Call-Up
    Sorted a team out 5 matches in 4 wins 1 draw scored a lot too. Probably half headers. 442

Tots Dzeko 85 Mandzukic
    Beasts juat trying to sort out my CTs now. Nearly done.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    Yaya Toure is hands down one of the most disappointing players on Fifa. I've used him a handful of times, and not once has he stood out or done anything remarkably well. Trash player. Gone back to the ever reliable Mousa Dembele.

Not keen on Trippier, Baines or Matip either. Will persist with it for now and hope they improve, if not I'll go back to Walker, Shaw and Bailly.
  • Kman
    2915 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ya'll sound so fun to verse
  • gresh1978
    2553 posts Fans' Favourite
    Started FIFA 17 playing this way. Might give it another try. What's the best CTs and player instructions for the 442 formation?
  • Kove
    4023 posts National Call-Up
    Dost.
  • Nervous_Nick
    edited July 2017
    Used 442 and 5212 tonight. 442 is very solid but 5212 with fullbacks always overlapping gives me many more chances to cross. Spectacular headers by sif Can, tots Alli and tots Costa. 5 wins out of 5 matches.
    Gotta find a better BPL RM...i'm using Manè 87 but he's just not good at crossing.
    What about Walcott 86??
  • Shahski
    778 posts Semi-Pro
    I play 442 with Tots Dzeko and Tots Icardi. They give head more than my missus!
  • TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    Yaya Toure is hands down one of the most disappointing players on Fifa. I've used him a handful of times, and not once has he stood out or done anything remarkably well. Trash player. Gone back to the ever reliable Mousa Dembele.

Not keen on Trippier, Baines or Matip either. Will persist with it for now and hope they improve, if not I'll go back to Walker, Shaw and Bailly.

You are expecting way too much from NIF Yaya.

He's not the same as he was the last 5 UT's - nerfed him quite badly.

HOWEVER, if you have the coins for the 87 - you won't be disappointed. Thats like playing with old FIFA Yaya
  • BullishBull
    912 posts Semi-Pro
    what's the best formation for crossing ??
    4-4-2 ??
    4-3-3 ??
    what else ?
    do you prefer to have 2 big strikers in the box or just one ?
    I'm sick of narrow formations and cross driven shoots.....my last months with Fifa17 will be crossing and nothing else. I don't care anymore if I win or lose games, I'm done with the WL. But I scored a couple of powerful headers with Icardi yesterday and it felt great....f**k tiki-taka, let's cross !

If you love crossing, read my old thread. Crossing isn't as good as when the game was first released but I still whip them in.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/187409/the-crossing-direct-fifa-play-appreciation-thread-banned-its-a-wipeout/p1
  • Stl_soccer
    82 posts Park Captain
    Used 442 and 5212 tonight. 442 is very solid but 5212 with fullbacks always overlapping gives me many more chances to cross. Spectacular headers by sif Can, tots Alli and tots Costa. 5 wins out of 5 matches.
    Gotta find a better BPL RM...i'm using Manè 87 but he's just not good at crossing.
    What about Walcott 86??

I recommend looking at if Valencia if you cross mostly with your right foot or sif shaqiri if you cut back to cross with your left foot (also 4* wf).
  • Nervous_Nick
    Shahski wrote: »
    I play 442 with Tots Dzeko and Tots Icardi. They give head more than my missus!

:D :D :D