Liverpool Football Club

Comments

  • sc04oct
    301 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    sc04oct wrote: »
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    He can't play lone DM, at least he didn't at Leipzig. Always had Demme behind (/beside) him. That's why I can't understand why we're ready to offer such a large sum for him. Obviously we need to add depth and more quality to our squad, but surely not on that position, especially if Coutinho moves into midfield aswell?
    Just get Ox to cover attacking options, a proper LB to make Milner an all purpose sub, VvD and a real DM - imo.

    Exactly.

    I said it before, and I'll say it again, I am concerned Coutinho is funding this transfer.

    In American Football (what I grew up following) there was a situation involving my rival team, the Green Bay Packers. They had a Hall of Fame (legendary) Quarterback (Favre) and yet still drafted Arron Rodgers even though Favre was not ready to move on. They got Rodgers ready and when he took over they didn't miss a beat.

    Now Quarterback is not the equivalent to CM but if Klopp thinks Keita is the next CM legend, and I think we all agree he rates talent well, then it may be worth it just to get the player and worry about fitting pieces around him later.

    That being said if they sell Phil I will be so pissed.

    Me too. Would ruin what could have potentially been our best window since the Rafa days.
  • Pugzilla
    15567 posts World Class
    sc04oct wrote: »
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    sc04oct wrote: »
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    He can't play lone DM, at least he didn't at Leipzig. Always had Demme behind (/beside) him. That's why I can't understand why we're ready to offer such a large sum for him. Obviously we need to add depth and more quality to our squad, but surely not on that position, especially if Coutinho moves into midfield aswell?
    Just get Ox to cover attacking options, a proper LB to make Milner an all purpose sub, VvD and a real DM - imo.

    Exactly.

    I said it before, and I'll say it again, I am concerned Coutinho is funding this transfer.

    In American Football (what I grew up following) there was a situation involving my rival team, the Green Bay Packers. They had a Hall of Fame (legendary) Quarterback (Favre) and yet still drafted Arron Rodgers even though Favre was not ready to move on. They got Rodgers ready and when he took over they didn't miss a beat.

    Now Quarterback is not the equivalent to CM but if Klopp thinks Keita is the next CM legend, and I think we all agree he rates talent well, then it may be worth it just to get the player and worry about fitting pieces around him later.

    That being said if they sell Phil I will be so pissed.

    Me too. Would ruin what could have potentially been our best window since the Rafa days.

    He has so much heart, just a pure good kid, if you push out someone like that wtf are you trying to build exactly?
  • thexavman
    466 posts Sunday League Hero
    It being the 4th of July doesn't give you an excuse to throw around eggball comparisons mate.
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    Coutinho himself has said he doesn't want to leave
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    hasan09876 wrote: »
    Coutinho himself has said he doesn't want to leave

    Don't be naive
  • Pugzilla
    15567 posts World Class
    thexavman wrote: »
    It being the 4th of July doesn't give you an excuse to throw around eggball comparisons mate.


    I prefer hand egg.

    And I will follow in the footsteps of my forefathers and tell you sir, British oppressor @thexavman to kindly let me live free.
  • PES
    5173 posts Big Money Move
    Keita is more or less a poor man's Kanté.
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6738 posts Big Money Move
    sc04oct wrote: »
    Can someone please reassure me that Keita isn’t going to be a massive waste of money? I don’t get why we are willing to pay £70 odd million for a player who’s only been good for one season and not only that, but why does no one else seem to want him? Seems like a huge risk and I suspect Klopp will be in trouble if he flops.

    we spent bucket loads for mané as well and look what that turned out to be
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    PES wrote: »
    Keita is more or less a poor man's Kanté.

    How can Keita be a poor man's Kante when we're paying twice the price for him?
  • sc04oct
    301 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 2017
    PES wrote: »
    Keita is more or less a poor man's Kanté.

    From what I've seen of him, he's nothing like Kante and people are only comparing the two because they're both short and black. I am actually shocked that you of all people are towing this false narrative that's getting everywhere.
  • arsenalap
    4028 posts National Call-Up
    hasan09876 wrote: »
    PES wrote: »
    Keita is more or less a poor man's Kanté.

    How can Keita be a poor man's Kante when we're paying twice the price for him?

    I don't think poor man refers to price exclusively.. it just means he's a worse version..

    But again, that's debatable anyway.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    sc04oct wrote: »
    PES wrote: »
    Keita is more or less a poor man's Kanté.

    From what I've seen of him, he's nothing like Kante and people are only comparing the two because they're both short and black. I am actually shocked that you of all people are towing this false narrative that's getting everywhere.

    Old bean @pes can have some extreme views on players, but we need to factor in him watching the league on a weekly basis and that he is spoilt by the calibre of player he gets to watch for Bayern.
  • NGreat
    448 posts Sunday League Hero
    They are completely different players. You would have to be a racist or an idiot to make such a comparison.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    edited July 2017
    PES happens to be both
    Post edited by Ash on
  • Tamerlane
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 2017
    Ash wrote: »
    PES happens to be both

    :D
    Post edited by Tamerlane on
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    :D
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    fs :D blame the pad
  • Bob_Dylan
    19224 posts World Class
    Ash wrote: »
    PES happens to be both

    :D :D :D
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    :joy:
  • stickey
    14698 posts Has That Special Something
    Ash wrote: »
    PES happens to be both

    :D
  • thexavman
    466 posts Sunday League Hero
    Tamerlane wrote: »
    Ash wrote: »
    PES happens to be both

    :D

  • Kellnerr
    2329 posts Fans' Favourite
    :joy: :joy:
  • Flapjack
    6915 posts Big Money Move
    My word. :joy:
  • LFC Simon 98
    16135 posts World Class
    Wow :D
  • Bob Loblaw
    11247 posts Has That Special Something
    Ash wrote: »
    PES happens to be both

    :lol:

    have to give props to @NGreat for the assist
  • stickey
    14698 posts Has That Special Something
    happy birthday to jurgen from everyone on the EA Forums
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    Fuhrgen's birthday was 3 months ago
  • Niall
    2351 posts Fans' Favourite
    PES wrote: »
    Keita is more or less a poor man's Kanté.
  • Gervonta
    3724 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 2017
    Niall wrote: »
    PES wrote: »
    Keita is more or less a poor man's Kanté.


    :lol:
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    Always good to put a face to the username.
Sign In or Register to comment.