The English Football League Lounge 2016/17

Comments

  • TheonlywayisS6
    1934 posts Play-Off Hero
    We had a game at Brighton rearranged for Friday night a few years back because it was freshers weekend at the University.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7393 posts Big Money Move
    We had a game at Brighton rearranged for Friday night a few years back because it was freshers weekend at the University.

    We had that two seasons ago. I think Villa had to go Saturday/Monday when they had us around Easter because of a Church service on the Friday as well.
  • Handy Andy
    5934 posts Big Money Move
    We had a game at Brighton rearranged for Friday night a few years back because it was freshers weekend at the University.

    We had that two seasons ago. I think Villa had to go Saturday/Monday when they had us around Easter because of a Church service on the Friday as well.

    yeah, they played us on Saturday and both teams had one less day rest before the Monday game. Thankfully we had Rotherham at home though :tongue:
  • ryan217
    2953 posts Fans' Favourite
    ryan217 wrote: »
    strings79 wrote: »
    ... and Malone's supposedly off to Huddersfield. Not too worked up about it provided we have someone lined up. Might even be able to get someone who can cross the ball.

    Heard this malone rumour too he played well against us at our place what's your opinion on him ? Doubt he will be first choice tbh will rotate with Lowe who will start most games I would think

    He's ****, good luck.

    Good going forward but awful defensively.

    Wouldn't say awful defensively, although I think Slavisa pretty much got the best possible performances out of him and at his absolute best and that is nowhere near good enough for the Premier League. Spurs genuinely destroyed him in the Cup. Not bad business for us though, getting him for free in exchange for Jazz Richards and selling him on for 4 or 5 million.

    His ❤️❤️❤️❤️ positioning and lack of concentration cost us on many occasions, Russell Slade should be checked into a mental institution for consistently playing him ahead of Fabio. Jazz Richards has been a big improvement on him and he only started looking decent in the final few months of the season.

    Great business if you do get that for him though, would be robbing Huddersfield blind.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    Love Sky hyping us up loads for the Play-Offs but then not putting us on TV before the first International break once. Not complaining though, we seem to do our best work when we're a bit under the radar.

    We aren't on the either :joy: not that bothered though, all our games on TV tend to be ****

    Apparently Al Habsi might be leaving, would be a massive blow that

    We're only on because we're playing the famous Villa
  • wheelerdeeler
    7393 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 2017
    ryan217 wrote: »
    ryan217 wrote: »
    strings79 wrote: »
    ... and Malone's supposedly off to Huddersfield. Not too worked up about it provided we have someone lined up. Might even be able to get someone who can cross the ball.

    Heard this malone rumour too he played well against us at our place what's your opinion on him ? Doubt he will be first choice tbh will rotate with Lowe who will start most games I would think

    He's ****, good luck.

    Good going forward but awful defensively.

    Wouldn't say awful defensively, although I think Slavisa pretty much got the best possible performances out of him and at his absolute best and that is nowhere near good enough for the Premier League. Spurs genuinely destroyed him in the Cup. Not bad business for us though, getting him for free in exchange for Jazz Richards and selling him on for 4 or 5 million.

    His **** positioning and lack of concentration cost us on many occasions, Russell Slade should be checked into a mental institution for consistently playing him ahead of Fabio. Jazz Richards has been a big improvement on him and he only started looking decent in the final few months of the season.

    Great business if you do get that for him though, would be robbing Huddersfield blind.

    I still have my doubts about it, because I'm pretty sure part of the reason he joined us in the first place was because he wanted to move back to London now he's got a kid and he surely knows he won't play. We'll just have to wait and see. The Jazz Richards/Malone deal is funny because both sets of fans couldn't wait to see the back of the one departing and both sides will claim they got the better deal because of that. Honestly haven't seen a worse performance in my entire time supporting Fulham than Richards' against Brentford away.
  • Karlos
    24379 posts Club Captain
    Oscar Gobern training with us apparently, Hopefully he's kept away from other players

  • strings79
    2172 posts Fans' Favourite
    Karlos wrote: »
    Oscar Gobern training with us apparently, Hopefully he's kept away from other players


    He's garbage and made of glass either plays rubbish or he's injured steer clear
  • Hicksy2011
    16957 posts World Class
    Meant to be signing some 25 year old called Oliver Hawkins who scored 19 goals for Dagenham last season
    Not sure about that one, could be a good signing but we signed a big striker who scored goals from non league in Jan, not sure if we need another one
    Especially as we haven't really given Kabamba a proper chance yet
  • Karlos
    24379 posts Club Captain
    strings79 wrote: »
    Karlos wrote: »
    Oscar Gobern training with us apparently, Hopefully he's kept away from other players


    He's garbage and made of glass either plays rubbish or he's injured steer clear

    Nothing on his brother Lewis. Shame his career ended early due to injuries.
  • Lard_Lad
    12737 posts Has That Special Something
    Signings and rumours dried up, Leonard and Holmes dragging on a bit and really need to get some CBs in
  • iHilarious
    13301 posts Has That Special Something
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    First game against Forest moved to Friday night, as it clashes with the cricket in Nottingham. What a ridiculous decision.

    1. Why wasn't it taken in to account when they were sorting the fixtures out?
    2. Who cares about clashing with cricket?
    3. Why not just reverse the fixtures?

    Divs.

    Fixtures are generated through a computer which I'm assuming doesn't allow for all other sport fixtures, given how close the cricket ground is to the Forest ground it's not surprising

    What is the issue with clashing with the cricket? It's not like fights are going to break out because grown men follow a different sport. If that is the issue, why not just reverse the fixtures? Problem solved, surely?

    Milwall fight everyone though?
  • Karlos
    24379 posts Club Captain
    Was gonna buy one and then looked at the price :cold_sweat:
  • REID_ARMY
    785 posts Semi-Pro
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Meant to be signing some 25 year old called Oliver Hawkins who scored 19 goals for Dagenham last season
    Not sure about that one, could be a good signing but we signed a big striker who scored goals from non league in Jan, not sure if we need another one
    Especially as we haven't really given Kabamba a proper chance yet

    Watched a fair bit of National League and he impressed for me
  • They Caged Non
    6267 posts Big Money Move
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    First game against Forest moved to Friday night, as it clashes with the cricket in Nottingham. What a ridiculous decision.

    1. Why wasn't it taken in to account when they were sorting the fixtures out?
    2. Who cares about clashing with cricket?
    3. Why not just reverse the fixtures?

    Divs.

    Fixtures are generated through a computer which I'm assuming doesn't allow for all other sport fixtures, given how close the cricket ground is to the Forest ground it's not surprising

    What is the issue with clashing with the cricket? It's not like fights are going to break out because grown men follow a different sport. If that is the issue, why not just reverse the fixtures? Problem solved, surely?

    Because both still need policing and it would take twice as many officers to do both concurrently??

    And i take it you have never been to a cricket match before then?? Bedlam
  • Karlos
    24379 posts Club Captain
    ab540d476b3727d15035a5ed37a7750b.jpg

    Danns doesn't give a ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
  • GoodnightIrene
    3903 posts National Call-Up
    Do they have the Kassam Stadium?

    Must be at least 25% cheaper than every other model.
  • Kingy
    2352 posts Fans' Favourite
    Really struggling to get over losing both Ports and Big George this summer.

    I don't know where we go from here.

    Neil Danns still available? Maybe bring back Lomana Tresor LuaLua just for old time sake? Who cares if he now turns like a boat.

    I need some big transfer news this week to settle me down.

    Hopefully John Terry plays against us in the cup.
  • Karlos
    24379 posts Club Captain
    Do they have the Kassam Stadium?

    Must be at least 25% cheaper than every other model.

    As if you called it a stadium.
  • Hicksy2011
    16957 posts World Class
    Karlos wrote: »
    No
    Not like this
    We could have had a play off push this season
  • iHilarious
    13301 posts Has That Special Something
    Karlos wrote: »
    Do they have the Kassam Stadium?

    Must be at least 25% cheaper than every other model.

    As if you called it a stadium.

    Don't think they've done it anyway
  • Hicksy2011
    16957 posts World Class
    Phew apparently the Hussey thing is BS
    I don't want to get relegated
  • Dizzy Bala
    3842 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 2017
    First game against Forest moved to Friday night, as it clashes with the cricket in Nottingham. What a ridiculous decision.

    1. Why wasn't it taken in to account when they were sorting the fixtures out?
    2. Who cares about clashing with cricket?
    3. Why not just reverse the fixtures?

    Divs.
    Well the geniuses at the Football League scheduled two home games for County and Forest on the same day as well, when the clubs are like 400m apart so what does that tell you?

    I HATE friday night football and the idea of playing the first game of the season even more.
    The problem is they can only allocate so many police officers to both events and the cricket is right near our ground as well.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7393 posts Big Money Move
    I actually like Friday games provided it's a "big" game. Helps if you win as well because it puts you in a good mood for the whole weekend.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Do they have the Kassam Stadium?

    Must be at least 25% cheaper than every other model.

    Chortle
This discussion has been closed.