Eurovision Thread | Israel 2019

Comments

• Mike
    9826 posts League Winner
    Wow, Bulgaria battered everyone. I didn't even think it was that good.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    San Marino only getting 1 is a bit harsh
  • exzoo
    31890 posts National Team Captain
    Yeah surprised Belgium and Cyprus made it to top 5.
  • Robert
    21723 posts Club Captain
    exzoo wrote: »
    Still can't believe Hungary wasn't in top 5
    rt
  • Mike
    9826 posts League Winner
    Australia being carried by the Jury
  • Ryan
    9475 posts League Winner
    edited May 2017

They both had mint songs.

Belgium's was probably my favourite. At least it did better than my favourite last year, still can't believe how much Malta got shafted.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    how on earth was belgium your favourite
  • Ryan
    9475 posts League Winner
    because it was great
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    you having me on
  • exzoo
    edited May 2017
    Ryan wrote: »

They both had mint songs.

Belgium's was probably my favourite. At least it did better than my favourite last year, still can't believe how much Malta got shafted.

Cyprus' was a Rag'n'bone man-human rip off, Belgium didn't deserve top 5 imo
  • Mike
    9826 posts League Winner
    Got the French song on repeat
  • Alastair
    9987 posts Moderator
    Has anyone worked out what the Belgian song is actually about yet? I still can't work out why she looks so bored throughout it all.
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    Alastair wrote: »
    Has anyone worked out what the Belgian song is actually about yet? I still can't work out why she looks so bored throughout it all.

It's just about love. About how she doesn't want the relationship to end because of the 'darkness' so she wants to add some 'light'. Yet she wants to keep a part of the darkness.

Really don't know how to explain tbh.
  • Alastair
    9987 posts Moderator
    edited May 2017
    Santiago wrote: »

It's just about love. About how she doesn't want the relationship to end because of the 'darkness' so she wants to add some 'light'. Yet she wants to keep a part of the darkness.

Oh ok then, that is nothing like what I thought it was about (I had assumed it was something about ****/prostitution :joy: ). Thanks for clarifying. :)
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain

Oh ok then, that is nothing like what I thought it was about (I had assumed it was something about ****/prostitution :joy: ). Thanks for clarifying. :)

you catching up on our drinking or something mate
  • Alastair
    9987 posts Moderator
    edited May 2017
    Ash wrote: »

you catching up on our drinking or something mate

The danger zone and needing some light made me think she was on about being under a street light in a dark alley. :joy:
  • exzoo

We should've won instead of Lena that year, doesn't bother me too much since Lena is bae tho
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    lol no you shouldn't have
  • exzoo
    C'mon now pal :/
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    had a convo about 2017 being the best brit entry for a while, then somehow came up that the 2015 one is like one of the worse, I've gone back to it and can't get it out of my head now :lol: . Actually think it's well harsh where it got ranked in the end, way more unique than the generic ballads we churn out every year
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    Found this the other day and instantly remembered it. Genius.
  • stickey
    14698 posts Has That Special Something
    Shame that came up against Lordi, would've easily won the following year (that song still makes me sick to my stomach). Got to love the crowd not getting the joke either and booing them, bunch of ****.
  • dannyboy
    12796 posts Has That Special Something
    Verka Serduchka was robbed
  • Ryan
    9475 posts League Winner
    Ash wrote: »
    had a convo about 2017 being the best brit entry for a while, then somehow came up that the 2015 one is like one of the worse, I've gone back to it and can't get it out of my head now :lol: . Actually think it's well harsh where it got ranked in the end, way more unique than the generic ballads we churn out every year

The best for a while was quite comfortably Blue, not hard when the other options are the likes of Andy Abraham and Scooch.
  • Mike
    9826 posts League Winner
    The 2016 winning song is growing on me. Feel dirty
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Mike wrote: »
    The 2016 winning song is growing on me. Feel dirty

freak
  • Alastair
    9987 posts Moderator
    If this had been staged better it could have done really well...

• Dean
    840 posts Semi-Pro
    Turkey 1997 was robbed.
  • Mike
    9826 posts League Winner
    Was listening to this years winner again and I thought that was was probably my favourite winner since Fairytale. Wanted to create a top 10 list of my personal favourites from the last 10 years.

1. Fairytale - Norway
    2. Amar pelos dios - Portugal
    3. Euphoria - Sweden
    4. Heroes - Sweden
    5. Believe - Russia
    6. Satellite - Germany
    7. Rise like a Phoenix - Austria
    8. Only Teardrops - Denmark
    9. 1994 - Ukraine
    10. Running Scared - Azerbaijan
  • exzoo