(FIFA RANT EA) stats mean nothing traits mean everything

jonagravy
68 posts Park Captain
edited July 2017
Right on fifa there is no consistency on what makes a player good I believe old players with good stats in pace have serious advantages over alot of newer cards. Take for example David Villas FUT birthdaycard now his shot for some reason is so accurate, powerful and clinical but compare him to a TOTS Lukaku anybody who has used the two would undoubtable agree that David Villa has the much better shot. But David Villa stats are lower then Lukaku in shooting why is that. I believe a few factors are to blame, traits are huge factor as somebody with 99 longshots wont be as good as someone around 89 longshots with the (long shot taker trait) at scoring longshots which is bs, stats should be the ultimate deciding factor but its not. Secondly I believe there are hidden old traits in these older cards from titles as early as fifa 09 and I believe there is unnecessary scripts in these cards aswell. Stats don't really determine how good a player is compared to another player especially with these older cards having less shot error and where made to shoot more accurate and powerful as they was at one point the best players in the game in earlier fifa titles. You only notice stats when you compare the same player to an upgrading card of that same player not comparing two different players.

Well Stuff like this gets overlooked by the fifa community because its a sport game the more intelligent/autistic gamers they don't play sports games and this type of game caters to the average guy who doesn't give too **** about this kind of stuff and casually plays a couple of hours a week and that is why we didn't have chemistry in none day one cards for over 7 years. The fifa community is dumb and doesn't scrutinize the game enough imo. That's why its a mess of a game every way you look at it, if something like this happened on another different type of multiplayer game their community would be in up roar.

If i was in charge of fifa my solution would be to scrap and redo every system which determines how good a player is, as they're so called wanting to be a competitive game pmsl.

Traits I would remove all of them from the game completely they interfere way too much with stats and locking other players from certain game play mechanics more notable in pro clubs for mechanics. Examples can be seen with shooting passing dribbling even pace have a read for yourself on futbin of the trait descriptions this is also why Martial is so overpowered he has a plethora of traits and also another dig at fifa there ingame screen for traits hides traits some players have made obvious by blank spaces... Also I like to ad free kick traits are awful doing some free kicks with players who have them or there own separate stance (Toni Kroos) makes the ball trajectory weird and not in a good way. With these new movable free kick stances added this year free kick traits and individual free kick stances should especially be removed as some have negative effectiveness on the free kick and adding too many variables. Pro clubs has different definition for some traits with the same name and how anyone in the game can do an LT+A pass apart from virtual pros which need the flair traits also the same with powerfreekick trait as they need it for LB+B free kicks *TRIGERRED* mess broken game no thought put into anything do interns make this game.

Skill moves Firstly I would get rid of these stupid star ratings which determines too much or at the very least I would limit it to 3 settings but ofc none of the 5 star capabilities will disappear. Secondly upgraded version of the same skill moves just feels unnecessary and the 4 star berbaspin can be better in some situations then the 5 star variation I would also remove the inferior versions of other skill moves for example like the 3 star heel to heel as its worse then the 4 star heel to heel and it just makes the game feel messy with just too many skill moves variations determined by a player star rating instead of different button combinations but still they don't need to be there more isn't always better. Also EA I would have a video screen like what ufc game does but instead of showing how to do fighting moves it should be for how to do skill moves and your pathetic excuse of a list which has skill moves not even on there so called unlisted is skill moves is just a joke and new player cant learn skill moves without any outside influence out of the game because a new player is never explained that face direction determines right stick anlog movement to preform skill moves aswell.

The weakfoot issue is the one i'm least triggered about but I find 3 star weak foot pretty bad and not much difference with 2star. I would rather have three systems which correlate to 3star which is bad 4star which can use both feet and 5star which is ambidextrous they wouldn't be rated with stars either thats just an example of the level of capabilities. I think its bad for gameplay to have just completely on footed players as you cant control what foot they strike with. Also less variation in weakfoot harder it is not get it wrong when applying it to players, Harry Kane shouldn't have a 3 star Weekfoot imo he should have 4star.

Less stats but make them determine how good a player is and have chemistry styles show the stat increase. I Believe aswell chem styles might help a little bit but 10+ sprint speed from hunter is absolute bollocks and doesn't affect the player noway near that much. When a card has his pace upgraded through an inform he feels much faster even if his prior inform was already capped to 99 pace with hunter (which you can see on sites like futhead and futbin) his upgraded card capped again to 99 with hunter will feel faster.

Could rant about the variables about this stupid game all day but no other football games come out as they are the hardest games to make after all so i'm stuck with this unless pes make a very good 11v11 mode.
Post edited by jonagravy on

Comments

• FinneganFach
    2123 posts Fans' Favourite
    :|
  • jonagravy
    68 posts Park Captain
    :|

Any of this resonate with you or do you think im a mad man?
  • Amargaladaster26
    7212 posts Big Money Move
    Let's make all players generic with no traits and same WF and skills.

Hooray.
  • jonagravy
    68 posts Park Captain
    edited June 2017

Hooray.

Keep playing the same teams online then m8 89 son, traits can go and burn stats should determine how good a player is at something not some overpowered traits slapped on a player.
  • Amargaladaster26
    jonagravy wrote: »

Hooray.

Keep playing the same teams online then m8 89 son

At least there is a difference that I can feel when playing with different players.
  • jonagravy
    68 posts Park Captain

Hooray.

At least there is a difference that I can feel when playing with different players.

Stats should be the difference.
  • Amargaladaster26

Hooray.

They are, together with other things. When someone sucks with his weaker foot irl, I like that he isnt good with it in the game.
  • jonagravy
    68 posts Park Captain
    edited June 2017

Hooray.

They are, together with other things. When someone sucks with his weaker foot irl, I like that he isnt good with it in the game.

3 star weak foot is quite sucky anyway but weekfoot out of everything I mentioned is the one thing i have the least problem with.
  • TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    That was a 10/10 rant - you make some good points, and some bad ones too

Go on lad, take it to 'em
  • jonagravy
    68 posts Park Captain
    TubAShet wrote: »
    That was a 10/10 rant - you make some good points, and some bad ones too

Go on lad, take it to 'em

:p
  • AlwaysDisappointed
    1797 posts Play-Off Hero
    TL:DR
  • jonagravy
    68 posts Park Captain
    TL:DR

summary traits should burn and stats should determine how good a player is not traits e.g Martial
  • jonagravy
    68 posts Park Captain
    The weakfoot issue is the one i'm least triggered about but I find 3 star weak foot pretty bad and not much difference with 2star. I would rather have three systems which correlate to 3star which is bad 4star which can use both feet and 5star which is ambidextrous they wouldn't be rated with stars either thats just an example of the level of capabilities. I think its bad for gameplay to have just completely on footed players as you cant control what foot they strike with. Also less variation in weakfoot harder it is to get it wrong when applying it to players, Harry Kane doesn't have a 3 star Weekfoot imo he should have 4star.
  • jonagravy
    68 posts Park Captain
    bump