Can't score today, need some advice

SummerOfGeorge
3120 posts National Call-Up
So I've been playing WL for a bit now and it seems I absolutely can't seem to score.

Usually play a 41212(2) with lots of quick passing in the buildup but I seem to run into a wall of 6 people around the box and someone manages to stick a leg in every time my players make a run inside. My longshots are either off or the GK just makes save after save. Messi stumbles on a simple tap-in after a driven pass inside. Even driven shots across the goals are always saved or go wide.

I rack up about 7-10 shots on goal per game, most in good positions inside/around the box but the finishing always fails me while on the other side my opponents of the last 3 games have scored on 9 of 11 shots they've had. It's beyond frustrating at this point, as I feel like I'm playing at least up to the level of my competition but can't seem to edge out a single win.

Even tried swapping to 4321 when facing 41212(2) as that's what I'm struggling with the most when I play the diamond as they just hit me on the counter after Messi has misplaced yet another pass and my fullbacks are always way up the pitch.

How to stop the funk?

Comments

• BiigDee
    4527 posts National Call-Up
    Turn it off. Try again later. In seasons I had it this morning. Relegated Tod Div 3. Played at tea time and won Div 3 and I'm a point off winning Div 2 with 3 games left.
  • P
    7674 posts League Winner
    Driven shot
  • ScouserChris
    3824 posts National Call-Up
    Try 5212
    FBs Stay Back
    CM's Stay Back
    CAM Stay Forward
    LST Press back line
    RST Target Man (someone like Kane/ibra)

Defensive tactics

55-45-45

Works well for me

Got me elite this weekend and game play was terrible
  • player
    432 posts Sunday League Hero
    Your team is simply too high rated.Fut at it's finest.
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    edited June 2017
    In the exact same position aha, made a similar thread earlier.

Absolutely relate to struggling once getting to the opponents box. Seems like there's 20 men in there sometimes
  • Andybelfast
    10957 posts Has That Special Something
    It's the **** gameplay at the min man
  • SummerOfGeorge
    Thanks fellas. Had a bit of a break and am going back at it now, hopefully grab some wins and if not I gotta switch some stuff up
  • BeardedBerk
    1616 posts Play-Off Hero
    Input delay will make you miss all sorts of simple goals
  • xelima
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    But there is delay that is caused by EA servers as well and you cannot fix that at home.
  • SummerOfGeorge
    After holding my opponent to 1 shot on goal for 85 minutes and scoring twice myself on 10 shots he obviously scored twice in 5 minutes and won via a dodgy penalty call in OT...
  • CtldChaos
    2138 posts Fans' Favourite
    Shane wrote: »
    In the exact same position aha, made a similar thread earlier.

Absolutely relate to struggling once getting to the opponents box. Seems like there's 20 men in there sometimes

It seems like people are going PTB + Auto Contain even more than usual because of the MASSIVE input delay and lag. It is the only way they know how to complete in the lag.
  • DonovanFan
    697 posts An Exciting Prospect
    P wrote: »
    Driven shot

Yes be lame and exploit bugs like everyone else
  • DonovanFan
    So I've been playing WL for a bit now and it seems I absolutely can't seem to score.

Usually play a 41212(2) with lots of quick passing in the buildup but I seem to run into a wall of 6 people around the box and someone manages to stick a leg in every time my players make a run inside. My longshots are either off or the GK just makes save after save. Messi stumbles on a simple tap-in after a driven pass inside. Even driven shots across the goals are always saved or go wide.

I rack up about 7-10 shots on goal per game, most in good positions inside/around the box but the finishing always fails me while on the other side my opponents of the last 3 games have scored on 9 of 11 shots they've had. It's beyond frustrating at this point, as I feel like I'm playing at least up to the level of my competition but can't seem to edge out a single win.

Even tried swapping to 4321 when facing 41212(2) as that's what I'm struggling with the most when I play the diamond as they just hit me on the counter after Messi has misplaced yet another pass and my fullbacks are always way up the pitch.

How to stop the funk?

Sounds like you are getting handicapped get ur team rating under 85
  • DonovanFan
    After holding my opponent to 1 shot on goal for 85 minutes and scoring twice myself on 10 shots he obviously scored twice in 5 minutes and won via a dodgy penalty call in OT...

" momentum" isn't It lovely? I swear if this is in 18 I'll quit fir life and I've played since ps2 days
  • ScouserChris
    3824 posts National Call-Up
    Bennn99 wrote: »
    DonovanFan wrote: »
    Driven shot

Weak troll, that or you're just a moron

:lol: second
  • DonovanFan
    Driven shot

Yup 2 guys who do Amy cheat or exploit to win how do I live with yourself? I bet you abuse near post corners, exploit custom tactics, abuse cutback passes and use butland son and martial right? You guys Are real FIFA champs lmao
  • DonovanFan
    Driven shot

:lol: second

That's what I thought . it always shuts you guys up the truth. Exposing your lane anything to win tactics.
  • SummerOfGeorge
    And I'm back to my non-scoring way. Just pummeled some guy for 14 shots over 115 minutes, every angle possible but couldn't put more than one past his GK. He scores on after a crazy angle shot rebounded off the bar right to his other striker for the tap in and then on his second shot of the game he scored a belter with Son. Meanwhile CR7, Messi and Suarez stumble over each other inside the box, block the other's shot or just put easy chances way wide. This game is killing me at times
  • BrentfordFC
    12460 posts Has That Special Something
    Triple tap shoot
  • SummerOfGeorge
    Triple tap shoot

I literally tried everything. Finesse shots, driven shots, driven pass into the box where Ronaldo somehow just stumbles over the ball, long shots from great angles, long shots from bad angles, 1v1s, power and finesse inside the box and so on. I was just out of answers by the end of the game and my opponent was unable to to anything except for 2 chances and somehow my DDG can't make a single save while his ends up with 15.

Tough stuff
  • BrentfordFC
    12460 posts Has That Special Something
    Triple tap shoot

I literally tried everything. Finesse shots, driven shots, driven pass into the box where Ronaldo somehow just stumbles over the ball, long shots from great angles, long shots from bad angles, 1v1s, power and finesse inside the box and so on. I was just out of answers by the end of the game and my opponent was unable to to anything except for 2 chances and somehow my DDG can't make a single save while his ends up with 15.

Tough stuff

Cutback? :lol:
  • SummerOfGeorge
    Triple tap shoot

Tough stuff

Cutback? :lol:

You might have gotten me there, probably would have won if I had tried it. Time for the gym touse that negative energy
  • P
    7674 posts League Winner
    Driven finesse shot
  • DonovanFan
    And I'm back to my non-scoring way. Just pummeled some guy for 14 shots over 115 minutes, every angle possible but couldn't put more than one past his GK. He scores on after a crazy angle shot rebounded off the bar right to his other striker for the tap in and then on his second shot of the game he scored a belter with Son. Meanwhile CR7, Messi and Suarez stumble over each other inside the box, block the other's shot or just put easy chances way wide. This game is killing me at times

Bro I told you you are getting handicapped reduce your team rating to under 85 and see
  • Fab
    18318 posts World Class
    yeah bro ur being handicapped by the ea aiders go bronze bench listen to donovanfan
  • Hippyboy6
    16904 posts World Class

Bro I told you you are getting handicapped reduce your team rating to under 85 and see

So you have a pop about driven shots because it's an exploit then suggest he gets his team under 85..... So C'mon are you option 1 or option 2 :joy:
  • DonovanFan
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »

So you have a pop about driven shots because it's an exploit then suggest he gets his team under 85..... So C'mon are you option 1 or option 2 :joy:

What u just said makes no sense bro
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32185 posts National Team Captain

it's understandable to me. You're complaining about cheating/exploiting, but then you're telling him to get his team under 85 to gain an advantage by exploiting the rating system.
  • DonovanFan
    That's not cheating that's called preventing ea programming from taking the game out of your control. D making you lose completely diff argument
  • Hippyboy6
    16904 posts World Class

@DonovanFan

exploit verb (USE WELL)

To use something in a way that helps you:
    Example: We need to make sure that we exploit our resources as fully as possible.

It cannot apply to driven shots & not be applied to bronze benching, in fact I would argue that bronze benching would be far more on an exploit (if it actually worked)