OT: Any controllers with soft touch bumpers?

OoSUPERDANoO
13939 posts Moderator
Because me "clicking away on my controller all night" is causing some friction in our household :D

Tbf, in a silent flat the clicking of the LB for player change must be super annoying...

Comments

• I EvO I
    6657 posts Big Money Move
    Because me "clicking away on my controller all night" is causing some friction in our household :D

Tbf, in a silent flat the clicking of the LB for player change must be super annoying...

lmaooo
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13939 posts Moderator
    I EvO I wrote: »

lmaooo

It's not a euphemism you dirty git...
  • 6ixGarth
    23 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Yeah tbf it annoys me sometimes and I'm the one playing it
  • Orison
    47773 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Closing the door might be a start :trollface:

On a serious note the XBOX One S controller has way lighter bumpers, they are ofc still clicking, but way easier to press and therefore the clicking is less noisy :D
  • Azof
    16422 posts World Class
    bumpers or the triggers?

Does the elite not offer rebinding, you could stick the offending buttons on the back paddles.

Or depending on how the one controller is put together could O rings under the switches to dampen them be possible, I know people use these on mechanical keyboards that are too loud.
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13939 posts Moderator
    Orison wrote: »
    Closing the door might be a start :trollface:

On a serious note the XBOX One S controller has way lighter bumpers, they are ofc still clicking, but way easier to press and therefore the clicking is less noisy :D

I have the lunar white one. The bumpers feel like you describe, but they are noisy for sure!

I daren't change player sometimes... :D
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13939 posts Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Azof wrote: »
    bumpers or the triggers?

Does the elite not offer rebinding, you could stick the offending buttons on the back paddles.

Or depending on how the one controller is put together could O rings under the switches to dampen them be possible, I know people use these on mechanical keyboards that are too loud.

Yeah, talking about LB and RB specifically. I thought there'd be some kinda mod cheers.

Will look into that!

EDIT: Also looked at the Elite but can't justify the price. The dagger looks i'll get in the morning i can deal with if the other option is shelling out £100+
  • RadioShaq
    14900 posts Moderator
    You can control the sensitivity of the triggers on the elite controller. Not sure if you can with the bumpers. You could always map the bumpers to the pads on the back. Not sure how much difference in noise it would make.
  • Azof
    16422 posts World Class
    bumpers or the triggers?

Yeah, talking about LB and RB specifically. I thought there'd be some kinda mod cheers.

Will look into that!

EDIT: Also looked at the Elite but can't justify the price. The dagger looks i'll get in the morning i can deal with if the other option is shelling out £100+

Looking at videos taking the controllers apart doesn't look promising for O rings
  • I EvO I
    6657 posts Big Money Move

lmaooo

I'm well aware, i just find it funny bc the controllers are indeed loud
  • CPFC16
    2073 posts Fans' Favourite
    Practise trying to get used to right stick switching maybe, I'm getting much more used to it recently because the clicking on LB does my head in. Right stick is more responsive and you can choose the actual right player you want rather than search around with the LB for 10 seconds clicking away
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13939 posts Moderator

lmaooo

I'm well aware, i just find it funny bc the controllers are indeed loud

Haha i know ;) And definitely!

No skill moves after 11pm.
  • BrentfordFC
    11654 posts Has That Special Something
    Sleeping on the sofa you naughty boy!

I don't think they do them do they? I need one :lol:
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13939 posts Moderator
    Sleeping on the sofa you naughty boy!

I don't think they do them do they? I need one :lol:

I don't think so, i might drop in game on my way home tomorrow and ask. I would want an official MS one ideally, but as far as i'm aware they don't exist.
  • Azof
    16422 posts World Class
    you could get her some earplugs
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13939 posts Moderator

Would save a few quid...
  • Azof
    16422 posts World Class