Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• hoban95
    69368 posts Icon
    Won't lie, it's a bit of a cluster ❤️❤️❤️❤️ this with Michy and Diego.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    27427 posts Player of the Year
    Can we get the shorter list of who hasnt been rumored to United?
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year

Jonjo she..... wait nvm
  • hoban95
    69368 posts Icon
    Peter wrote: »

Jonjo she..... wait nvm

HE'S COMING FOR YOU!
  • D i n k xD
    3282 posts National Call-Up

Di Maria and Falcao

Pretty much covers them all
  • FUT_Moe
    1442 posts Professional
    These forums were becoming a joke due to the gang-like behaviour of some immature "know it all" types. Those who get banned due to immaturity deserve it. They should also be dealt with accordingly if found to be using a dupe account!
  • MaddMike3711
    12945 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 2017
    Don't go Diego. :(

Honestly, we don't need to be selling anyone off but only bringing in more players. If we are really going to challenge in the CL and defend the title, we can't afford to lose anyone.

Say Romelu (provided he signs) were to pick up an injury. Do you really think the likes of Michy would be up to scratch going up against clubs like Juventus, Real Madrid, Bayern, Barca, etc?
    The F9 could be utilized but I would worry about using it against those sorts of teams.

I would honestly like to see two great players for each position. So Hazard (and another LW), Costa and Romelu, Willian and Pedro.
    And then purchase a proper RB (nothing against Moses but he will get destroyed when we play the big boys), and only add further depth to the sqaud.
    That's just my opinion, but I think that would give us a realistic chance at both European and domestic success. :)
  • ORANGEeffect05

Honestly, we don't need to be selling anyone off but only bringing in more players. If we are really going to challenge in the CL and defend the title, we can't afford to lose anyone.

Say Romelu (provided he signs) were to pick up an injury. Do you really think the likes of Michy would be up to scratch going up against clubs like Juventus, Real Madrid, Bayern, Barca, etc?
    The F9 could be utilized but I would worry about using it against those sorts of teams.

I would honestly like to see two great players for each position. So Hazard (and another LW), Costa and Romelu, Willian and Pedro.
    And then purchase a proper RB (nothing against Moses but he will get destroyed when we play the big boys), and only add further depth to the sqaud.
    That's just my opinion, but I think that would give us a realistic chance at both European and domestic success. :)

I know hes swimming in oil, but youre trying to turn him into Ramen Abramovich fam.
  • AlexSolm
    9913 posts League Winner
    What's the point in kicking Diego Costa out (with a text message!) for Lukaku?
  • MaddMike3711
    edited June 2017

I know hes swimming in oil, but youre trying to turn him into Ramen Abramovich fam.
    Not really. An extra 60 million £ in the kit deal, a ton from winning the league, and the boost from returning to the CL. Should be way more than enough to add Romelu (the kit deal alone just about covers that one), and to add a RB.
    For the LW we don't need to add a Mahrez, just someone who can cover for Eden.
    And it's not like we can't cover the wages of everyone on the books already, so it's not a stretch especially if we want to compete with Europe's elite. :)
  • LFC Simon 98
    21719 posts Club Captain
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    At least have the bottle to tag @LFC Simon 98 if you're posting his snapchats.

I ain't no ginger
  • maymanpele
    14520 posts Has That Special Something
    Why was @FifaBossss94 banned?
  • hoban95
    69368 posts Icon

Not really. An extra 60 million £ in the kit deal, a ton from winning the league, and the boost from returning to the CL. Should be way more than enough to add Romelu (the kit deal alone just about covers that one), and to add a RB.
    And it's not like we can't cover the wages of everyone on the books already, so it's not a stretch especially if we want to compete with Europe's elite. :)

Just can't believe Conte would send a message out of nowhere via text :joy:

This has clearly been going on all season.
  • MaddMike3711
    edited June 2017
    hoban95 wrote: »

Yeah ever since that China thing and the training ground bust up, it seems his relationship with Conte has never been the same.
    I really, really don't want him to go though for the aforementioned reasons and the for the simple fact that I really do like him. :D

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea per se, but I personally love his fiery side. He's not afraid of anyone and doesn't take ****. If someone goes after him or tries to wind him up, he's right there back in their face. I love it! Not only that side of him, but I really do think he's a fantastic striker, and his numbers for Atlético and Chelsea speak for themselves.

On a side note, one of the worst decisions he ever made was switching nationalities (though I do understand his reasoning behind it). He has just never gotten on with the Spanish national team and Brasil could use someone like him. :(
  • MaddMike3711
    maymanpele wrote: »
    Why was @FifaBossss94 banned?
    Something he said in the PL Lounge iirc. Go figure, that place is toxic. :joy:
  • Ronan14
    3469 posts National Call-Up
    So who is the dave guy with many dupes? OG account
  • MaddMike3711

:cry::heartbreak:
  • ORANGEeffect05

Tl;dr

But mainly just wanted to call him Ramen :lol:
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    35766 posts World Cup Winner
    edited June 2017
    Thoughts on Cavani??

Wonder with it looking like PEA is on his way to PSG, if someone will try and bid for Cavani.

Guy finally get's his chance to lead the line with Ibra gone, 49 goals in 50 games and then it looks like they are signing PEA, kind of a slap in the face unless they swap to a two forward formation
  • AlexSolm
    9913 posts League Winner

Not how you treat your top goalscorer after winning the title and might bite Conte in the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ at some point :/ I wonder if Conte's side of the story is different
  • MaddMike3711
    edited June 2017

Tl;dr

But mainly just wanted to call him Ramen :lol:
    Oh. :joy:

• MaddMike3711
    AlexSolm wrote: »

Not how you treat your top goalscorer after winning the title and might bite Conte in the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ at some point :/ I wonder if Conte's side of the story is different
    @AlexSolm yeah bud agreed. He was stellar this season. Now granted, Pedro was in the form of his life, and Eden was back to his old self, but he was still fantastic.

I've been fully behind Conte since day one, absolutely love him and I trust his judgement, but I think he was wrong for doing business like that, and even more wrong for letting him just leave like that. As if he was a bit part player.

I hope he goes on and scores 30 goals next season (just not if it's against us in the CL). :joy:
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    Thoughts on Cavani??

Wonder with it looking like PEA is on his way to PSG, if someone will try and bid for Cavani.

Guy finally get's his chance to lead the line with Ibra gone, 49 goals in 50 games and then it looks like they are signing PEA, kind of a slap in the face unless they swap to a two forward formation

Can't imagine they let go of him, he was class
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    illinifan wrote: »
    Thoughts on Cavani??

Can't imagine they let go of him, he was class

I agree, but with PEA coming in, who knows.
  • Buttonwalls
    2421 posts Fans' Favourite
    conte lacks class just like the scummy plastic club
  • Ronan14
    Reading on a forum about this VVD stuff, might interest some here. guy seems to know alot and said this stuff

It is a very serious matter. Would you not consider it an issue if Liverpool were banned from signing first team players for a year or two? They are already dealing with one transfer ban, a damaged reputation and clubs who don't want to do business with them - not an issue at all?"

That would be even more embarrassing. Tap up a player illegally > make a grovelling apology to his club and withdraw interest > wait a few weeks hoping everyone forgets > pay the £70M asking price

Clubs have completed deals for players they have tapped up in order to have the club drop a complaint.
    In other cases players have ended up in the football wilderness after tapping up - a young French left back was promised a move by the then manager of a German side who also promised they could prey together each day. After no move happened and the illegal approach was found out the club released him and he ended up in the Russian second division. Virgil van Dijk is now in a very difficult situation himself because of what Liverpool and Klopp have done. But as we know, Liverpool to no care one iota about the damage they do to players
  • Ronan14
    Apparently this has been going on for a few years now, Uefa having given them written warnings over the summer for illegally approaching some Bundes players. And remember a few years ago tehy had to apologize for tapping up Clint Dempsey
  • Ronan14
    The more I read the more there seems to be actually

Klopp was tapping up both Gotze and Zielinski last summer, it seems to be the reason the Zielinski deal fell through

Surely some punishment is incoming
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Everyone taps up... this isn't a surprise to anyone.
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner
    hoban95 wrote: »

Yeah ever since that China thing and the training ground bust up, it seems his relationship with Conte has never been the same.
    I really, really don't want him to go though for the aforementioned reasons and the for the simple fact that I really do like him. :D

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea per se, but I personally love his fiery side. He's not afraid of anyone and doesn't take ****. If someone goes after him or tries to wind him up, he's right there back in their face. I love it! Not only that side of him, but I really do think he's a fantastic striker, and his numbers for Atlético and Chelsea speak for themselves.

On a side note, one of the worst decisions he ever made was switching nationalities (though I do understand his reasoning behind it). He has just never gotten on with the Spanish national team and Brasil could use someone like him. :(

That's all for show, he's afraid of his own shadow most of the time. He's just the same as Ramos in looking to get other players carded/sent off, dispicable professional. There's a reason only Chelsea fans like him. Shame really as on his day he's such a handful