unanimously agreed composure affects consistency of finishing?

Comments

• Diggy
    15698 posts World Class
    edited June 2017
    people living in fantasy land trying to say torres and sons finishing is good.

What about Butragueno's 64 composure
  • CornishLad
    24800 posts Player of the Year

Son for me ever since his 83 POTM has finished nearly everything for me
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    35766 posts World Cup Winner

You're using your defense with Fekir.

NIF Ronaldo's finishing is better than IF Ronaldo.
  • Buttonwalls
    2421 posts Fans' Favourite
    Diggy wrote: »

What about Butragueno's 54 composure

probably the same as the aforementioned.

lets get it straight. im not talking about the quality of finishes the box, im talking about the consistency. after playing against son in the wl nearly every game this weekend, when he runs through 1on1, most of the time he just drags it wide. its quite funny. i breathe a sigh of relief when he goes through cause you know he'll fluff it up.
  • Buttonwalls
    2421 posts Fans' Favourite

best also a great finisher.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    27427 posts Player of the Year

*looks at finishing/shooting stats*
  • XxRichiexRichxX

He also has 93 finishing
  • Andybelfast
    11037 posts Has That Special Something
    I call bull
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Diggy wrote: »

What about Butragueno's 54 composure

probably the same as the aforementioned.

lets get it straight. im not talking about the quality of finishes the box, im talking about the consistency. after playing against son in the wl nearly every game this weekend, when he runs through 1on1, most of the time he just drags it wide. its quite funny. i breathe a sigh of relief when he goes through cause you know he'll fluff it up.

Butragueno is consistent
  • iitalic
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    what would it take for you to believe composure does not matter?
  • SupaNoodle1990
    32547 posts National Team Captain
    edited June 2017
    iitalic wrote: »

Any info from EA either way would be great tbh.
  • AlexSolm
    9913 posts League Winner
    89 Son and 89 Icardi finish more consistently for me than Hazard so idk
  • Moiizer
    15446 posts World Class
    Seeing pros etc winning div 1 with bronze gk teams makes me think its more the user than the in game player that can finish well or not majority of the time.

This argument of Son being crap at finishing 1 on 1 is the user 90% of the time imo.
  • CornishLad

There's so much they are hiding from us. At the start of the year they said they'd be more open this year. Since they revealed how chem styles worked at the start of the year we haven't heard anything. So many questions that need to be answered. One that has been asked loads and shrugged off by EA is What happens to work rates when instructions are applied? If a defender has High attacking workrates and you tell him to stay back, what will the defender do?
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited June 2017
    How does Composure effect GKs and Defenders?
  • hrv97
    3550 posts National Call-Up
    Just Play 10 games with Tots Werner and you will know that composure is important
  • CornishLad
    hrv97 wrote: »
    Just Play 10 games with Tots Werner and you will know that composure is important

I've played 43 with him. And can confirm he has incredible finishing
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Ibra has 91 composure and is by far the most inconsistent finisher I've used. Son is miles better than Ibra is for me.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    CornishLad wrote: »

I've played 43 with him. And can confirm he has incredible finishing

Yep. Agreed. Not played with his TOTS, but his NIF was probably the best NIF bundasliga forward I've used easily
  • therealmerk33
    1749 posts Play-Off Hero

Was just about to say, Alaba is better at Striker with no chem but the +25 composure on Werner
  • Betrus
    1190 posts Professional
    Feels to me like players with low composure are more likely to miss the 1on1s, penalties and sitters. As in can they handle the pressure of scoring a goal when they "have to". But it could be all in my head.
  • Sercs
    22448 posts Club Captain
    I think its a inconsistent stat that effects some shots the most. I think the low driven it effects least, but finesses etc in the box. That said, guy with 99 finishing is gonna be good
  • CornishLad
    The fact that the Composure stat isn't shown with the other shooting stats tells me it has nothing to do with shooting. What it does? I have no clue. The only definitive proof of what composure does is that it effects penalties is some way.
  • SupaNoodle1990

There's so much they are hiding from us. At the start of the year they said they'd be more open this year. Since they revealed how chem styles worked at the start of the year we haven't heard anything. So many questions that need to be answered. One that has been asked loads and shrugged off by EA is What happens to work rates when instructions are applied? If a defender has High attacking workrates and you tell him to stay back, what will the defender do?

I still don't believe that chem styles do what they say they do anyway :joy: my players feel no different, no matter what I put on them.

I do believe instructions overwrite workrates because my dani alves has High low but rarely ventures forward with stay back on unless I bring him forward manually.

Sbc Torres is a prime example of if composure matters imo. Crazy stats, low composure. He really is inconsistent for me to say the least. Sbc suarez and 91 dybala are much more consistent.and I've had that front 3 for over 500 games, nearly used suarez for 1000.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    The fact that the Composure stat isn't shown with the other shooting stats tells me it has nothing to do with shooting. What it does? I have no clue. The only definitive proof of what composure does is that it effects penalties is some way.

This too. And the fact that many high end defenders and GKs have higher composure than most forwards in the game
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class

Someone on reddit mentioned that if you auto assign player roles then it puts whoever has the highest composure on penalties

No idea if it's true as i haven't tested it but i think it's more likely to affect pens/freekicks
  • iitalic
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 2017

I agree with you about ea giving us more info. To start the year they told us what chem styles do, and how chemistry styles work and (I would guess) a majority of people just call them liars and say they don't work.

If ea comes and says composure is for penalies for example, people will still believe what they want
  • CornishLad

Someone on reddit mentioned that if you auto assign player roles then it puts whoever has the highest composure on penalties

No idea if it's true as i haven't tested it but i think it's more likely to affect pens/freekicks

Hmm could be worth keeping in mind and maybe looking into
  • CornishLad

I still don't believe that chem styles do what they say they do anyway :joy: my players feel no different, no matter what I put on them.

I do believe instructions overwrite workrates because my dani alves has High low but rarely ventures forward with stay back on unless I bring him forward manually.

Sbc Torres is a prime example of if composure matters imo. Crazy stats, low composure. He really is inconsistent for me to say the least. Sbc suarez and 91 dybala are much more consistent.and I've had that front 3 for over 500 games, nearly used suarez for 1000.

I believe 100% that Chem styles work, instructions and custom tactics on the other hand I don't believe work
  • SupaNoodle1990

I agree with you about ea giving us more info. To start the year they told us what chem styles do, and how chemistry styles work and majority of people just call them liars and say they don't work.

If ea comes and says composure is for penalies for example, people will still believe what they want

Yep. I don't believe chem styles do what they say, all of my players feel the same, regardless of what I put on them.

There will always be conspiracies.