unanimously agreed composure affects consistency of finishing?

Buttonwalls
2421 posts Fans' Favourite
seems silly to deny it now.

Comments

• CornishLad
    24800 posts Player of the Year
    No. In the journey when you complete a penalty skill game it up's Hunters composure. I think it has something to do with Set pieces personally. Have used a fair few strikers with low composure and they finish the same chances that any other St would have
  • Moiizer
    15446 posts World Class
    CornishLad wrote: »
    No. In the journey when you complete a penalty skill game it up's Hunters composure. I think it has something to do with Set pieces personally. Have used a fair few strikers with low composure and they finish the same chances that any other St would have

This
  • Richard
    11766 posts Has That Special Something
    All in your head.
  • SadioMan
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yes
  • ALIST4R
    3874 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2017

Cornish just laid out more proof so I agree with this
  • Vflagship
    1205 posts Professional
    it doesnt change for in forms so i believe it is only used in offline fifa. finishing relates to finishing
  • CornishLad
    Richard wrote: »
    All in your head.

I think this too. Never had a problem with low composure and the fact it's been in the game since at least fifa 12 tells me it's a stat that means nothing.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    35766 posts World Cup Winner

Well said
  • SupaNoodle1990
    32547 posts National Team Captain
    I did say you were wrong in the past, but after using torres for a long time now, this would explain his inconsistency.

Turns out you may have been right about it.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    27427 posts Player of the Year
    For some reason I feel like the finishing stat relates most closely to finishing
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2017
    It definitely matters. TOTKS fekir finishes everything and Son misses sitters all the time.
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year

:cookie:
  • Buttonwalls
    I did say you were wrong in the past, but after using torres for a long time now, this would explain his inconsistency.

Turns out you may have been right about it.

no shame in admitting i was right. respect
  • Buttonwalls

why would composure affect penalties and free kicks? we have free kick and penalty stats so that doesn't make sense. (thats the argument people use: "why would it affect finishing, we already have a finishing stat")
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    My first year using Best, by far, not even close, the best finisher i've ever used. 95 Suarez last year would give him a run for his money. SBC Suarez this year as well. Both SBC Suarez and Best are more consistent then NIF Ron.

Too many options with 80+ composure to pick someone with low composure. At least up front. I always look at Positioning, Finishing, Aggression, and Composure. Add reactions when talking Mids/Defenders.
  • CornishLad
    I personally think there's more to be revealed by EA. Surely a composure stat on a GK would be more important than on a ST. This could also be the reason behind Butland being ridiculously good. If they kept the Composure stat a secret for all these years what's stopping them from having a whole bunch of other hidden stats
  • Buttonwalls
    My first year using Best, by far, not even close, the best finisher i've ever used. 95 Suarez last year would give him a run for his money. SBC Suarez this year as well. Both SBC Suarez and Best are more consistent then NIF Ron.

Too many options with 80+ composure to pick someone with low composure. At least up front. I always look at Positioning, Finishing, Aggression, and Composure. Add reactions when talking Mids/Defenders.

yup. best rarely ever inexplicably drags one wide. its a finish i've done hundreds of times yet especially strikers with low composure will drag it so far wide it almost goes out for a throw in.
  • CornishLad

why would composure affect penalties and free kicks? we have free kick and penalty stats so that doesn't make sense. (thats the argument people use: "why would it affect finishing, we already have a finishing stat")

Hey, I didn't say I agree with what the Composure stat does. I was just providing the only real piece of evidence we have as to what the Composure stat does
  • rckstr
    5288 posts Big Money Move
    Disagree considering Son and Torres score any chance they get
  • Buttonwalls
    edited June 2017
    rckstr wrote: »

not true. when son runs through 1v1 with my keeper i know he'll mis
  • Argentus
    675 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I agree with rckstr my Son certainly does not miss sitters! He is the most ridiculous finisher I've used so far this year.
  • CornishLad
    Do you lot think we'd be able to start #StatGate? Why are EA so secretive as to what each individual stat does? There's only 1 piece of literature that I could find that gave a detailed description of the IG stats and that was from fifa 12 and even that is missing a lot of stats. What's the real difference between 80 and 90 pace IG? What does 99 finishing actually mean, because it definitely doesn't mean they finish every and all opportunities. Why should we pay X amount for a big stat increase if really it means nothing? What are GK's IG stats and how do chem styles effect them? All these questions and next to no answers
  • Diggy
    15698 posts World Class
    Butragueno says composure means nothing
  • ORANGEeffect05
    27427 posts Player of the Year
    Bennn99 wrote: »
    Son scores everything for me, one of the best finishers on the game imo

• Argie8
    7245 posts Big Money Move
    I was definitely on the composure train after using torres as he is pure trash, seeing as he has 69 composure. However, I've used players like Son, Mane, etc who have 72/73 composure which isnt much higher but they have far better finishing, particularly 1 on 1s.

I think if composure really was a big deal then more people would be complaining about players with low composure (which is a lot). therefore, im inclined to just believe torres is broken tbh. Plus, i think dan is clutch's evidence is quite strong
  • rckstr
    5288 posts Big Money Move
    rckstr wrote: »

not true. when son runs through 1v1 with my keeper i know he'll mis

When son runs through 1v1 I can finish with my eyes closed nobody comes close to his consistency in front of goal for me. I've used every NIF and most relevant sub 1m legends and nobody compares except SBC Suarez who's as good on his right foot but Son is two footed so still better
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class
    Son is the best finisher so probably not
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    35766 posts World Cup Winner
    Bennn99 wrote: »
    Son scores everything for me, one of the best finishers on the game imo
    Diggy wrote: »
    Butragueno says composure means nothing

Yep. These two are arguably the best finishers in the game.

SBC Torres finishing is fantastic for me as well since I started finessing more with him, guy hardly misses.
  • edwinstree
    8387 posts League Winner
  • Buttonwalls
    people living in fantasy land trying to say torres and sons finishing is good.