Customary 'WL is pointless thread'

D i n k xD
3282 posts National Call-Up
Button lag has literally ended any desire I ever have to play WL again. Last week I felt I was able to cope but it was very frustrating, this week is unbearable. Only reason I'll qualify next week is for the blue. For my sanity, I must retire from WL. :D

Comments

• P1stolpete187
    5971 posts Big Money Move
    last friday the game felt so smooth i played about 10 games but Saturday and Sunday was horrendous
  • D i n k xD
    Played 8 today. Won 4, lost 4. The games I won weren't even enjoyable. Think I'll play to 8 wins just to get 10k and couple packs out of this just so I feel I've gained something then I'm done
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    At least its not the same all the time. Sometimes gameplay can be smooth!
  • Glix
    126 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    No such thing as "button lag"
  • therealmerk33
    1743 posts Play-Off Hero
    Glix wrote: »

jokes
  • D i n k xD
    Glix wrote: »

Not sure if srs :D
  • D i n k xD
    Got my 8 wins with 13 played. I can't bear the thought of grinding another 10 wins so think I'll call it quits :D
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    I plan to play very little from now on. I committed to playing all 4 weeks in May to see if I could get lucky with monthlies, and I got 4 81s! :D

I'll play a few WL games here and there for the rest of the year, but I'm likely done trying to play more than that.
  • D i n k xD
    I think "grind" is a perfect word for WL. It's no fun, it's just slogging it out to get those wins. That's not why I play fifa.
  • TNeves95
    1217 posts Professional
    edited June 2017
    I went 9-1 going up against average players and normal teams. Since then I've had 4 games against stacked teams in which my Courtois had combined 5 saves in those 4 games. 4 straight losses, of course.

I don't know if it's something in the game or not, but I lost the will to play tonight.
  • krakos000
    17657 posts World Class
    D i n k xD wrote: »
    I think "grind" is a perfect word for WL. It's no fun, it's just slogging it out to get those wins. That's not why I play fifa.

For a lot of people winning is how they have fun. No matter what they have to do to get the win.
  • D i n k xD
    krakos000 wrote: »

For a lot of people winning is how they have fun. No matter what they have to do to get the win.

Ye its sad, play like an utter ❤️❤️❤️❤️ to win on a video game at all costs. Not my idea of fun at all but each to their own ini.
  • Brownie1524
    9172 posts League Winner

Ye its sad, play like an utter ❤️❤️❤️❤️ to win on a video game at all costs. Not my idea of fun at all but each to their own ini.

Fun for them is holding two buttons the entire time on defense. This is the only video game you can literally just hold a button or 2 the whole time & basically have the game played for you.
    I personally prefer to control my game 100% of the time, maybe I f up a bit but I'm still the one playing the game I bought. These are the guys who "sim all" in US sports games :joy:
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    Stupid game. Tackle opponent, intercept pass, concede goal. Total BS.
  • D i n k xD

Fun for them is holding two buttons the entire time on defense. This is the only video game you can literally just hold a button or 2 the whole time & basically have the game played for you.
    I personally prefer to control my game 100% of the time, maybe I f up a bit but I'm still the one playing the game I bought. These are the guys who "sim all" in US sports games :joy:

This :D

There's gotta be a nack to tackling though, I need to make 5 tackles before I gain possession. Whereas my opponent sprints and lunges and gets the ball everytime :/ nothing more soul destroying than defending perfectly (manually) only for the ricochet to constantly fall back to them and in on goal.
  • RandomLhama83
    10100 posts Has That Special Something
    the game itself is pointless. because it requires no skills to win. just find ways to exploit the game terrible mechanics and your in favor of winning. I saw an opponent spam over 30 slides tackles in one half in a DKO game. it was embarrassing tbh
  • Knowlesdinho
    13347 posts Has That Special Something
    This is why we need online tournaments back in Fifa 18. I've played less than 20 games of W/L over the past 2 months because I don't enjoy it. Losing is stressful, winning is even more stressful. With divisions you come up against the same tactics as W/L when you get to a high level so that's boring too.

At least with the online tournaments you got a variety of gameplay and you could choose to play bronze teams and silver teams. People would also try different players so there was variety there too.
  • Jackadinho
    1923 posts Play-Off Hero
    Unfortunately it's WL or nothing else. I tried playing single player matches during the week to have some casual fun games would take me 30-45 mins a time just to find a game. They need to encourage the casual gamers to come back to Fifa
  • RandomLhama83
    10100 posts Has That Special Something
    Jackadinho wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's WL or nothing else. I tried playing single player matches during the week to have some casual fun games would take me 30-45 mins a time just to find a game. They need to encourage the casual gamers to come back to Fifa

no such thing as casual on fifa anymore, weekend league has breeded a new level of tryhards. everyone has superteams now, its just awful. over the top through balls to son all game, Spamming Slide Tackles, Constant game pausing and waisting time. Its a toxic game now. not even fun anymore. why I stopped playing all together.
  • D i n k xD
    Bring back tourneys! I'm with you on that 100%
  • Jackadinho
    1923 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeah just played a few more games, take back everything I said. Nothing EA could do to make it a fun game anymore.
  • Jackadinho
    1923 posts Play-Off Hero
    I remember the gods days when you would match up with people who have similar records to you
  • D i n k xD
    Ffs I'm a glutton for punishment ai

13 wins in 22 now. Hate every minute but can't stop. Wtf like. :D