The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

Pulisic DKO

Comments

• IDARYL
    5730 posts Big Money Move
    Orison wrote: »
    IDARYL wrote: »
    People constantly blaming bs need to stop that mentality. You think others don't get the same? Look at what you're doing wrong for 90 mins rather what the cpu is doing wrong. Improve yourself rather than look for excuses?

I'm sure if I played 18 hours a day and had no life + studied the latest youtub strats constantly I would be able "improve myself" too. But I live in the real world and I don't have time for that nor do I want to be a boring player that exploits each year's cheese tactic like crossing in 14 or LB+Y spam in 13.

I bet if I LT RT dribbled in circles for 90 minutes trying to get tap ins and drag backs, I'd be able to overcome the game screwing me 95% of the time, but I'm not a desperate clown and I bought good players to do interesting stuff like score long shots.

I hardly use LT RT dribble and never use shield. Still can get elite and win tourneys first time. So you want to win games by scoring long shots.. that's really not luck is it...

First of all, I win way more games than I lose so I'm not complaining about that. I'm complaining about how this community just finds the exploitative tactic of the year and beats it into the ground to win games. Then you compound that by having games where every deflection goes to the opponent and you lose matches which you plainly should have won.

Crossing in fifa 14 is a exploit because you couldn't stop the header, I don't think this cutback is because it can be defended. You will get the odd game where the ball always seem to go to the opponent but not as much as people say.

You could easily defend crosses and headers in 14. I rarely conceded them. I was great at that game for a reason :D just had to get some rocks at CB, needed a bit of manual switching and positioning and job done.

Crossing was better than in other years, but not impossible to stop. Same with every other "OP" game mechanic in Fifa

That's bs the problem wasn't with positioning of the defender it was the fact the ball would go through his head on matter where he was so you couldn't stop it
  • Orison
    51081 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    People constantly blaming bs need to stop that mentality. You think others don't get the same? Look at what you're doing wrong for 90 mins rather what the cpu is doing wrong. Improve yourself rather than look for excuses?

I'm sure if I played 18 hours a day and had no life + studied the latest youtub strats constantly I would be able "improve myself" too. But I live in the real world and I don't have time for that nor do I want to be a boring player that exploits each year's cheese tactic like crossing in 14 or LB+Y spam in 13.

I bet if I LT RT dribbled in circles for 90 minutes trying to get tap ins and drag backs, I'd be able to overcome the game screwing me 95% of the time, but I'm not a desperate clown and I bought good players to do interesting stuff like score long shots.

I hardly use LT RT dribble and never use shield. Still can get elite and win tourneys first time. So you want to win games by scoring long shots.. that's really not luck is it...

First of all, I win way more games than I lose so I'm not complaining about that. I'm complaining about how this community just finds the exploitative tactic of the year and beats it into the ground to win games. Then you compound that by having games where every deflection goes to the opponent and you lose matches which you plainly should have won.

Crossing in fifa 14 is a exploit because you couldn't stop the header, I don't think this cutback is because it can be defended. You will get the odd game where the ball always seem to go to the opponent but not as much as people say.

You could easily defend crosses and headers in 14. I rarely conceded them. I was great at that game for a reason :D just had to get some rocks at CB, needed a bit of manual switching and positioning and job done.

Crossing was better than in other years, but not impossible to stop. Same with every other "OP" game mechanic in Fifa

That's bs the problem wasn't with positioning of the defender it was the fact the ball would go through his head on matter where he was so you couldn't stop it

Why did I stop it then? It was my best year of Fifa, had the most success, best record and won cash. I very rarely conceded from crosses even if my opponent smashed them to toty Ibra.

You will always concede in Fifa there is no way around it, but I never conceded more from crossing than from lobbed through balls or longshots or whatever. Crossing was just better that year, but not completely unstoppable. Same with lobpasses in 13.
  • IDARYL

Why did I stop it then? It was my best year of Fifa, had the most success, best record and won cash. I very rarely conceded from crosses even if my opponent smashed them to toty Ibra.

You will always concede in Fifa there is no way around it, but I never conceded more from crossing than from lobbed through balls or longshots or whatever. Crossing was just better that year, but not completely unstoppable. Same with lobpasses in 13.

I doubt you did tbh maybe you're just forgetting
  • Orison
    51081 posts Ballon d'Or Winner

I doubt you did tbh maybe you're just forgetting

I did. Obviously not 100%, as I said you will always concede in Fifa. Even if you are the greatest defender on planet earth you will eventually concede cutbacks this year or longshots or whatever. But yeah I stopped it to a great extent and to a point where I was able to win tourneys with 64 or 128 participants.
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    Hopefully the 24th tots for Laliga is someone thats worthy of being a super sub. Pulisic is just mehhhh tbh
  • Ch1cha
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite

Could be, but crossing was heavily overpowered in Fifa 14. I remember heading them in left, right and center with Gomez. Even went as far as dedicating CR7 on the right to cross to Mario Gomez. TOTS Toni, those were the days. Lobbed through balls are much easier to defend as you can read the play and anticipate with a controlled defender. It has never been close to the power of crossing in Fifa 14
  • S P 4 C E Y
    2436 posts Fans' Favourite

I win approximately 50% of my games. I won Pulisic on my first try. I am a very average player

(competed twice in WL - records are 18/36, 8/16)

I win matches I "shouldn't" win, and i lose matches I should have. That's football.
  • Lewis_MFC
    14 posts Ball Boy
    what squad are people throwing him in for the 84 rated IF ?
  • Arsenalfan97
    7824 posts League Winner
    Hit the post 3 times and I just lost 1-0 to a ridiculously weak header which hit my keeper and went in I'm so done
  • Trobos_Locos
    1297 posts Professional
    edited May 2017
    Won it first time as well. 2 games Monday and 2 games Tuesday....

Last game I was winning 3 - 0 but suddenly the game decided to make it interesting by not letting my players move or pass and the game ended up 3 - 2.

I was so upset with the gameplay and I will not even use Pulisic. Wait! I can use him as a CM at 7 Chem in a Bundesliga squad.

:)
  • Lewis_MFC
    14 posts Ball Boy
    Lewis_MFC wrote: »
    what squad are people throwing him in for the 84 rated IF ?
    Won it again first time today put my other in a 84 sbc and got 84 skrtel, buzzing...
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26232 posts Player of the Year
    Cadey 5 wrote: »
    @SupaNoodle1990 you not winning him twice are you? I thought you where better then that :'(
    @SupaNoodle1990 you not winning him twice are you? I thought you where better then that :'(

Its enough winning him once mate :joy: I'm going to give away some wins. @Cadey 5
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    krakos000 wrote: »
    @mjs4p Damn that's unfortunate :/ I think I'll try tomorrow If I have time. I get off work at 830pm PST and iirc it ends at 12? Hopefully I can do it in that time frame ha

@krakos000

Yeah, it is what it is. My play just seems off, even though I played better late last night and probably should have won that last attempt. I'm just irritated at the game and losing interest in general, but I wanted that Pulisic!

I think the main driver for me is that my team isn't fun. I had a great team a week ago, slowly selling players for good prices figuring I'd buy back, and now the team I used to own is 20% more and I can't afford it. It's just killed my interest TBH.
  • kfcbucket21
    6083 posts Big Money Move

Its enough winning him once mate :joy: I'm going to give away some wins. @Cadey 5

Hey there mate lol
  • Currieman
    4991 posts Big Money Move
    These DKOs are great fun, there are some great matches to be had. Did this one first time after it took me 7 attempts to get Gylfi (The first time anyway). I feel for the people who can't win them.

I'd be more upset about not being able to qualify for the WL than winning the card though. If you've got a top team then Gylfi, Pulisic and Rudy aren't gonna be anywhere near getting in your team so I wouldn't worry.
  • lucas
    4944 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 2017
  • IDARYL
    lucas wrote: »
    America has to be most useless country in the world for making trump president.

Think you got the wrong forum mate. The wtf are you talking about forum is somewhere else
  • UpstartCaesar
    3172 posts National Call-Up
    lucas wrote: »

Preach
  • BcfcDale88
    4268 posts National Call-Up
    Lost in semi's my pad went off and wouldn't come back on so he scored from it. The guy went on to win 3-1 then send me messages saying I'm rubbish I had 58 possession 9 shots on target... one guess who he had in goal?
  • IDARYL
    BcfcDale88 wrote: »
    Lost in semi's my pad went off and wouldn't come back on so he scored from it. The guy went on to win 3-1 then send me messages saying I'm rubbish I had 58 possession 9 shots on target... one guess who he had in goal?

Butland can disconnect pads?
  • FloydRoad
    631 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Was struggling and knocked out 3 or 4 times. Changed my front three to 89 Son, 88 Mkh and 88 Eriksen and it won it in one attempt.

Son - The Korean dream.
  • Trobos_Locos
    1297 posts Professional
    I use De Gea and Neuer but I always hear positive things about Butland and I have seen him in really good squads. I will try him this WL....
    BcfcDale88 wrote: »

Butland can disconnect pads?

• MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something
    is it messed up if I play DKO with Pulisic just to troll ppl ?
  • CanT SLaY JaY
    1947 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 2017
    Won it first time today :)

ac18302a-9831-402d-a084-e358e12f2f9c.png

Tough final even though I won 4-1 in the end, but my opponent had more shots than me. However Sonaldo to the rescue with 3 shots and 3 goals <3
  • Daveofwales01
    8390 posts League Winner
    MisterJV wrote: »

Just a little :D unless u gift a few finals away to restore karma
  • Ad Infinitum IX
    255 posts Sunday League Hero
    Woke up to play the final today. Damn tournament reset. What the hell?
  • Hippyboy6
    16906 posts World Class
    Woke up to play the final today. Damn tournament reset. What the hell?

Different tournament to yesterday, need 3 silvers in your team now :joy:
  • Hippyboy6
    16906 posts World Class
    edited May 2017
    MisterJV wrote: »

It would make you a p**** but that may have already been established :joy:
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    I'm destined never to win this, or any other DKO. Got to the final yet again last night after beating some strong teams on the way, only to face a stacked 89 rated team - with a load of added training cards :| Lost 5-2 after everything seemed to bounce his way, I hit the post twice before scoring and my defence (Moore and Cannavaro) forgot how to move let alone tackle.

Also had the usual bs happen to me, like this:

imgur.com/kwTD7Xo

Story of my life... Have yet to win a single DKT, always come up short. Last night was really rough though. Besides the gameplay and my players just not playing the same as the do in seasons, i got disconnected 5 different times, sent straight to the game main menu, in games were i was winning and such, one of these times being a semi's 1-0 up... Had other players disconnecting on me as well, but these didnt burn up my attempts. The ones where i went back to menu did.

Idk if it was my internet or what, or if anyone else was having this happen. I had no issues prior or since. Really really frustrating with all the connection issues, definitely could of went on to win this one, but i'll never know!

Now i gotta bust out ole Theo Hernandez and the likes.
  • Campino
    27830 posts Player of the Year
    It's literally just a stat card fest

I can't believe people are that desperate for a card :D