The Beer Thread

Comments

• Chubbs
    14402 posts Has That Special Something
    Sabo wrote: »
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    I don't get this mass marketing of Bud light in the UK, no one here is going to drink it.

Hearing that it's only 4.2%, that certainly won't go down well. Proper daft.

That seems high tbh, would have guessed in the low 3s
  • Sabo
    6818 posts Big Money Move
    Chubbs wrote: »
    I don't get this mass marketing of Bud light in the UK, no one here is going to drink it.

Did more research and it is in fact 3.5%, I am shocked and appalled
  • ColeWorld
    10445 posts Has That Special Something
    stickey wrote: »
    thoughts on rum lads? not exactly beer lads, but don't find beer exciting anymore (yes, I'm an alcoholic)

Havana 7 anos is great
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    thoughts on rum lads? not exactly beer lads, but don't find beer exciting anymore (yes, I'm an alcoholic)
    Don't really like it
  • Lard_Lad
    12618 posts Has That Special Something

Big fan of Rum, especially any cocktails that involve it (real men drink cocktails) or don't mind it with a bit of Coke.
  • Lard_Lad
    Chubbs wrote: »

Did more research and it is in fact 3.5%, I am shocked and appalled

Isn't that just water
  • MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 2017
    So I'm enjoying one of these atm.
    I guess it's a seasonal release or something, not really sure as the local shop called it "limited release".
    27359-39640-v4_product_img.jpg
    I'm a huge fan of Weihenstephaner beers in general and their regular Hefeweissbier is my personal favorite, so I had to give this one a go.

Overall, it's tastes pretty much exactly like the original one except maybe a bit lighter. But even though it tastes a bit lighter, it packs a serious punch at 7.5% ABV. :open_mouth:

It's a great beer, and if you are a fan of their stuff and have never tried it is worth it for sure, but I still think I prefer the original one just by a tad because it has a bit more flavor and a better mouth feel. :)

@maxwms have you ever tried this? :)
  • chokosc
    2845 posts Fans' Favourite
    Can't stand bottled\canned beer. Too many places here hold Tuborg\Carlberg as their only daft beers and it pains me :'(
  • HolgerBadstuber
    chokosc wrote: »
    Can't stand bottled\canned beer. Too many places here hold Tuborg\Carlberg as their only daft beers and it pains me :'(

Why not bottles or cans?
  • chokosc
    chokosc wrote: »

Why not bottles or cans?

@HolgerBadstuber Can't explain. They usually don't taste as good as draft to me and the end always makes want to puke! Bottles are 100% fine if I am sitting at the beach with friends or at a friend's house but not at a pub/bar :/
  • ColeWorld
    I guess it's a seasonal release or something, not really sure as the local shop called it "limited release".
    I'm a huge fan of Weihenstephaner beers in general and their regular Hefeweissbier is my personal favorite, so I had to give this one a go.

Overall, it's tastes pretty much exactly like the original one except maybe a bit lighter. But even though it tastes a bit lighter, it packs a serious punch at 7.5% ABV. :open_mouth:

It's a great beer, and if you are a fan of their stuff and have never tried it is worth it for sure, but I still think I prefer the original one just by a tad because it has a bit more flavor and a better mouth feel. :)

I like u mate. Weihenstephaner is also my favorite weizen by a mile. Have u tried the Vitus? I like it even more than the normal one it's also a Weizenbock like the Kristall u mentioned and has 7,7% ABV
  • Vinz_kingz
    11921 posts Has That Special Something
    Puntigamer
  • Uberman
    15729 posts World Class
    Tamerlane wrote: »
    I had a sip of beer once, I think I can still feel the holes in my throat where it burned me.

This

My mates dad bought me a pint of fosters and i gagged on the froth :joy:
  • HolgerBadstuber
    edited June 2017
    Uberman656 wrote: »
    Tamerlane wrote: »
    I had a sip of beer once, I think I can still feel the holes in my throat where it burned me.

This

My mates dad bought me a pint of fosters and i gagged on the froth :joy:
    There's your problem
  • MaddMike3711
    edited June 2017
    ColeWorld wrote: »

I like u mate. Weihenstephaner is also my favorite weizen by a mile. Have u tried the Vitus? I like it even more than the normal one it's also a Weizenbock like the Kristall u mentioned and has 7,7% ABV
    @ColeWorld sorry for the super late reply, I haven't been checking this thread as regularly as I should.
    Anyways, yes I had the Vitus around Christmas time but it was about my 5th beer of the night so can't really recall how it was. :joy:
  • MaddMike3711
    And I'm having one of these atm.
    bh082_1.jpg.jpg

I was just in the mood for a pilsner but this one is meh. It's a typical pilsner but nothing special.
    I'm not a big fan of the the style on the whole, so maybe it's good for people who enjoy those sorts of beers, but for me it was just average.
    I would probably give it a 7/10.
  • ColeWorld
    bh082_1.jpg.jpg

I was just in the mood for a pilsner but this one is meh. It's a typical pilsner but nothing special.
    I'm not a big fan of the the style on the whole, so maybe it's good for people who enjoy those sorts of beers, but for me it was just average.

No one drinks this ugly beer except Schalke Fans :D
  • MaddMike3711
    bh082_1.jpg.jpg

No one drinks this ugly beer except Schalke Fans :D
    @ColeWorld are you German?
    If so, may I ask which is your favorite beer out of any of them? :)
    I just finished that, and am about to have one of, if not my personal favorite beer. :)

Nothing will ever beat this for me. :love:
    ci_5041.jpg
  • ColeWorld
    edited June 2017
    Yes, I am. My favorite pilsener is a regional one so it's not so popular here.

rolinckpp.jpg

But tbh I like Weissbier much more. My favorite is the Weihenstephaner Vitus and the normal one. But I also like Paulaner.

• MaddMike3711
    Yes, I am. My favorite pilsener is a regional one so it's not so popular here.

rolinckpp.jpg

But tbh I like Weissbier much more. My favorite is the Weihenstephaner Vitus and the normal one. But I also like Paulaner.
    Oh nice! :)

Yeah I haven't tried that one, but always love trying different ones. :)
  • maxwms
    2519 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pilsener :tired_face:

• chokosc
    6181827-1646.jpg

Had this one the last couple of times I went out with my friends. Decent.
  • MaddMike3711
    edited June 2017
    I was at the Surly brewery today, it was great! :)
    A lot of people outside the Midwest of the US and people in Europe may not know about it, but it's amazing!

I think I've posted some photos on here before of Surly beer, but if not I would encourage anyone and everyone to find out if they sell it at a place near you.

I must say that I'm not, and never will be into the whole "craft beer" scene and still believe that beers from Munich are the best. However, Surly brews some pretty darn good stuff overall.
    From their Cynic which starts off like Hefeweissbier and finishes like an ale, to their trademark Furious or Axe Man, which are citrusy and hoppy. I thoroughly enjoyed the tour and beer. :)
  • Arango
    47 posts Last Pick at the Park
    29596727je.jpg

<3
  • ColeWorld
    Arango wrote: »
    29596727je.jpg

<3

@maxwms
  • HolgerBadstuber
    edited June 2017
    Had a bottle of cucumber pale ale yesterday, surprisingly really good and refreshing
  • Antparry92
    17691 posts World Class
    Get on the McEwan's champion or Guinness Antwerpen
  • Lard_Lad
    Had a bottle of cucumber pale ale yesterday, surprisingly really good and refreshing

That just doesn't sound right at all
  • HolgerBadstuber

I was skeptical but it wasn't too cucumbery.
    Antparry92 wrote: »

Antwerpen is a fave, quality beer.
  • Antparry92
    17691 posts World Class

I was skeptical but it wasn't too cucumbery.
    Antparry92 wrote: »

Antwerpen is a fave, quality beer.

Tempted to have one now but I've got an ECG machine hooked up to me for a week haha
This discussion has been closed.