The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

OT: How will Man Utd play against Ajax?

Coderood
1757 posts Fans' Favourite
edited May 2017
It is likely that the Europe League final will be between Ajax and Man Utd.

Will Mourinho park the bus even though his squad is something like 15x more expensive then that of Ajax? Or will he attack?

Some Man Utd followers? It would be really sad if he would park the bus.

Comments

• SimmoEFC
    11591 posts Has That Special Something
    Counter attack and tear them apart.
  • Coderood
    SimmoEFC wrote: »

Wouldnt be so sure of that. My club PSV kicked Man Utd out of the CL last year. And this Ajax is better then PSV was.
  • Jason1986
    7092 posts Big Money Move
    Coderood wrote: »

Wouldnt be so sure of that. My club PSV kicked Man Utd out of the CL last year. And this Ajax is better then PSV was.
    Yep because last season is very much like this one!

Defend well, counter attack, create a ton of chances, miss loads.

Honestly don't care how we play in the final. I'll take winning it from a triple deflection off Darmian's sideburns if that was the winning goal.
  • Coderood
    Jason1986 wrote: »

Honestly don't care how we play in the final. I'll take winning it from a triple deflection off Darmian's sideburns if that was the winning goal.

Was Man Utd that different then this United? It is the same sleeping football that I see
  • x Justin Time
    79 posts Park Captain

Was Man Utd that different then this United? It is the same sleeping football that I see

You've not been watching United this season then.

Recently in games like Swansea and City they played slow and boring but for the most part they've been quite exciting to watch, create tons of chances but barely convert any of them.
  • fluffymnuffy
    12766 posts Has That Special Something
    6-1 United
  • Mystery38
    125 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Maybe they will have no choice as Ajax will go full attack :D

Ajax lost almost 3-0 from Schalke, maybe Lyon can still do something.
  • Jason1986

You've clearly watched no more than one United game in the last two seasons then.

If you want a proper football debate, at least put some effort into collating a proper opinion for yourself as opposed to spouting that ABU rubbish like so many people do.
  • Coderood

You've clearly watched no more than one United game in the last two seasons then.

If you want a proper football debate, at least put some effort into collating a proper opinion for yourself as opposed to spouting that ABU rubbish like so many people do.

If you call that beautiful what United is showing, then you clearly a newbie in the footballworld and dont have a clue about great football. If you love to see counterattacking football, be me guest, but my opinion is absolutely not like yours.
  • Jason1986
    I never mentioned the word beautiful, did I?

If you can't differentiate between United of this season and last season then you probably don't watch enough of them.

You're probably one of those people who'll rate a player highly and hype them up until they join a team you don't like. Bet you loved Pogba at Juve, but think he's rubbish now.
  • Dazs23
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've been to 10-15 games this season and around the same last season including the drab 0-0 vs psv and there is clear improvement from last seasons dross. The fans feel that the foundations are currently being put down and are fully behind the project.

To the OP, we will play off the back foot counter attacking as this Ajax team are young and fairly unknown. It's fair to expect a exciting game either way.
  • MoUnited7869
    992 posts Professional
    Oh please let us win the Europa League for the first time :!! We need champions league next season!
  • allLuckNoSkill
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    dont count your chickens before they hatch. We are terrible at home... 1-0 is definitely not a safe lead... If united do go to the final it will be a very professional outing. Meaning united will defend and be disciplined try and snatch a goal and see out the game. Those expecting united to run rampant or ajax to go out and take it to united are probably in for a very dull but professional final
  • DennisAjax
    285 posts Sunday League Hero
    United doesn't have any chance against Ajax. The English clubs and defenders can't cope with the amount of pressure.. Look at the 2-0 against Lyon last week. That will be the same against United but then 90 minutes long :) English football is over.
  • Garycelta923
    6019 posts Big Money Move
    Embarrassing thread, wait til the ties are over

I should remind you the first leg of the last 32 tie finished Celta Vigo 0-1 Shakhtar, yet here we are, have some respect please
  • METH
    940 posts Semi-Pro
    DennisAjax wrote: »
    United doesn't have any chance against Ajax. The English clubs and defenders can't cope with the amount of pressure.. Look at the 2-0 against Lyon last week. That will be the same against United but then 90 minutes long :) English football is over.

haha has Dutch football ever started....final bottlers.......
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    United have 10 men behind the ball and lump it long to rashford and eventually one ball over the top frees him he scored 1-0 then he drops back into midfield to play a 9-1-0 formation and hold out for a 1-0 win.
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    METH wrote: »

English football is in a worse state than Dutch football.
    They're unfortunate to not have the financial backing English teams have or else they would easily have some top teams competing for champions leauges. Look at the players the Dutch have produced over the years seedorf, overmaars , ruud g , rvn , mvb , frankie rijkaard , Memphis , rvp , robben etc there's many more it's unfortunate richer European teams have poached them from clubs like Ajax psv etc.
  • METH
    940 posts Semi-Pro
    England have won the World Cup have Holland???? Bottlers.......
  • Izzy2K17
    11698 posts Has That Special Something
    Park the bus, wait for a CA to score. They haven't played like anything special. They barely got past Anderlecht and are only a goal ahead of Celta Vigo
  • aberry1000
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    Man Utd are low scoring and low conceding

Very boring but that is bourinho game plan
  • Phife_Dawg
    818 posts An Exciting Prospect

they only won it cuz the linesmen was blind
    and that was 51 years ago
  • Jason1986
    Gervonta wrote: »
    United have 10 men behind the ball and lump it long to rashford and eventually one ball over the top frees him he scored 1-0 then he drops back into midfield to play a 9-1-0 formation and hold out for a 1-0 win.
    Typical nonsense "opinion". Try watching football for a change without being biased. You'll enjoy it more.

They're unfortunate to not have the financial backing English teams have or else they would easily have some top teams competing for champions leauges. Look at the players the Dutch have produced over the years seedorf, overmaars , ruud g , rvn , mvb , frankie rijkaard , Memphis , rvp , robben etc there's many more it's unfortunate richer European teams have poached them from clubs like Ajax psv etc.
    Yes because the Netherlands international team have been doing really well lately...

Why on earth have you brought up Overmars, Rijkaard, van Nistelrooy etc? They've been retired for years!
  • METH
    940 posts Semi-Pro
    Phife_Dawg wrote: »

Still one more than Holland...record finalist losers......
  • potato_hater
    2516 posts Fans' Favourite
    Phife_Dawg wrote: »

Still one more than Holland...record finalist losers......

This whole conversation is literally completely irrelevant in the game that may happen that this thread is based on. Completely stupid
  • Tripledoubleyoo
    265 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mourinho's philosophy is that games are won by the team that makes the fewer mistakes, therefore by leaving possession to your opponent you give them the opportunity to make more mistakes.

I feel that this is exactly what's happening to me in FUT unfortunately.
  • lucas
    4944 posts Big Money Move
    @METH you should really stop using @METH
  • Mackie17
    4908 posts Big Money Move
    United will win on pens

Expect the special 1-1 will pull off a masterful defensive display despite the world conspiring against then
  • Slipend
    1216 posts Professional

:D:D:D
  • XxMTOxX
    1960 posts Fans' Favourite
    They'll get shrecked. 7-0 Ajax, 7 goals Lord Younes.