Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• Gervonta wrote: »
    That's just new age football bud all the owners care about is keeping the money rolling in and spending the least possible.
    Other clubs at the top arent afraid to spend more than 40m on a player though, and they have top strikers.
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4005 posts National Call-Up
    I don't think I could bring up one positive from that game. Absolutely diabolical from the players and manager once again.
  • Gervonta
    3724 posts National Call-Up
    Gervonta wrote: »
    That's just new age football bud all the owners care about is keeping the money rolling in and spending the least possible.
    Other clubs at the top arent afraid to spend more than 40m on a player though, and they have top strikers.

Spending 40m or more on a player doesn't guarantee success though mate just look at spurs.

I question the recuirtment process for arsenal if wanyama was available for less than £15m but you spent £35m on xhaka
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6738 posts Big Money Move
    At least people won't make jokes about Arsenal getting 4th anymore :D
  • Gervonta
    edited April 2017
    At least people won't make jokes about Arsenal getting 4th anymore :D

:smiley: :smiley:
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    I don't think I could bring up one positive from that game. Absolutely diabolical from the players and manager once again.

One less Arsenal game to watch before the sweet embrace of death's cold paws
  • NoYaNever_93
    897 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 2017

Spending 40m or more on a player doesn't guarantee success though mate just look at spurs.

I question the recuirtment process for arsenal if wanyama was available for less than £15m but you spent £35m on xhaka
    You arent going to get very many ready made talents for small bucks. Suarez, Neymar, Bale etc were bought for huge fees and helped their clubs to big trophies. Man City and Chelsea are delivering titles because they spent huge money over the years. Money talks. We have been quite frugal over the years buying cheap players like Welbeck, Ox, Gabriel, Giroud etc and none have delivered. Time for a change.
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4005 posts National Call-Up
    Jenko wrote: »

One less Arsenal game to watch before the sweet embrace of death's cold paws

Superb comment
  • Tbh in Arsenes case I doubt spending big money would help him, he is finished, we should focus on getting a new manager first and then supplying him with a war chest of a budget.
  • Gervonta

You arent going to get very many ready made talents for small bucks. Suarez, Neymar, Bale etc were bought for huge fees and helped their clubs to big trophies. Man City and Chelsea are delivering titles because they spent huge money over the years. Money talks. We have been quite frugal over the years buying cheap players like Welbeck, Ox, Gabriel, Giroud etc and none have delivered. Time for a change.

Look at United how much they spent and they're struggling for top 4 they haven't won a title since saf retired money buying big doesn't guarantee titles. It's about buying the right players that fit the system just look at spurs alli , eriksen , alderwield , lloris , wanyama dembele etc were not 40m purchases.
  • You cant use one example of a top club failing (man utd) when you have many examples of other clubs succeeding. The conclusion you will draw is that majority of the title winners will have spent good money. Also yes, look at Spurs, they werent 40m purchases, but they wont win the title. Obviously buying those kind of players hasnt worked for us, so we should at the very least be trying to buy big big players. We couldnt even stretch a bit more for Suarez which was pathetic. Also Spurs werent as rich as us over the years. They had to rely on selling players like Modric for big fees.
  • Welbeck
    5117 posts Big Money Move
    when was the last signing we made bar Alexis that has been an undeniable success? I'd say obviously barring him our last 4 years of transfers have all been pretty awful.
  • Jenko
    I swear it's like... Monreal
  • Welbeck wrote: »
    when was the last signing we made bar Alexis that has been an undeniable success? I'd say obviously barring him our last 4 years of transfers have all been pretty awful.
    Welbeck wrote: »

exactly and theyve all kinda been cheapish unknowns. Xhaka wasnt exactly a big deal like other players and he has a bad disciplinary record. When are Arsenal ever gonna go for a player like Griezmann or Aubameyang cause these players are the ones doing the business.
  • Conor Afc
    387 posts Sunday League Hero

Ozil.
  • Bob Loblaw
    11247 posts Has That Special Something
    Conor Afc wrote: »

Ozil.

banter
  • Conor Afc
    387 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bob Loblaw wrote: »

Ozil.

banter

No banter, just pure 100% fact, pal.

Ozil has arguably been a better signing than Alexis.
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6738 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2017
    I feel bad for Ozil and Sanchez. They are playing in a team full of garbage cans with the exception of Koscielny
  • Jenko

Ozil.

banter

Lmao what the ****
  • Well Ozil had a stellar season with 19 assist, I think he replicates that under a new manager.
  • PES
    5173 posts Big Money Move

Ozil.

banter

:lol:
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year

Look at United how much they spent and they're struggling for top 4 they haven't won a title since saf retired money buying big doesn't guarantee titles. It's about buying the right players that fit the system just look at spurs alli , eriksen , alderwield , lloris , wanyama dembele etc were not 40m purchases.

That's because LVG, Moyes bought a load of donkeys, that could play a style of football akin to watching paint dry.

Mourinho will build a title challenging squad for next season, remember he has only made 4 signings, we've been unfortunate with injuries, hectic fixture list.
  • CM10
    5043 posts Big Money Move
    :D
  • Gervonta
    Retro_G wrote: »

That's because LVG, Moyes bought a load of donkeys, that could play a style of football akin to watching paint dry.

Mourinho will build a title challenging squad for next season, remember he has only made 4 signings, we've been unfortunate with injuries, hectic fixture list.

I'm sorry but you're saying possession football is like watching paint dry but you're basically saying mourinhos style has been much better to watch :smiley: it's nothing to do with injuries or hectic fixtures mourinho this season has been setting teams out to grind out a 0-0 result and maybe nick a late goal to get 3 points nothing good about watching that.
  • Gervonta

Ozil.

banter

Sanchez has single handled dragged you out of so many situations while ozil was going into hiding.
  • arsenalap
    4023 posts National Call-Up
    Sanchez also gets us into a lot of **** situations during games
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14331 posts Has That Special Something
    Jenko wrote: »

Ozil.

banter

Lmao what the ****

It must be the eyes.
  • sturges12345
    2939 posts National Call-Up

Ozil.

banter

Sanchez has single handled dragged you out of so many situations while ozil was going into hiding.

sanchez has npt drgged us out of anything
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    Has he stepped up in any of your big games this season besides the cup semi final?
  • Gervonta

Ozil.

banter

sanchez has npt drgged us out of anything

He creates and scores so many of your goals he's the only player in the whole squad who actually tries there hardest every game I feel sorry for him at times having to play in such a poor team.