Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• CFCsjmishra
    8932 posts League Winner
    GG.KTBFFH :)
  • Tamerlane
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    As a senior member of the forum and the people's champion, I think I speak for everyone when I say that we don't like posts like this over here.
  • Wardhiigley
    1974 posts Play-Off Hero
    Courtois has been pretty average for Chelsea. And that's the 2nd game running he's exhibited some dreadful goalkeeping, absolute poverty today.
  • Tamerlane
    Courtois has been pretty average for Chelsea. And that's the 2nd game running he's exhibited some dreadful goalkeeping, absolute poverty today.
    Wonder what Gary Neville thought about his footwork and initial positioning on the goal. :*

• JDYx
    521 posts An Exciting Prospect
    RollsReus wrote: »
    How many of Edpen's goals have been penalties this season?

3. Two of which he won himself, one dribbling past like 4 Arsenal players.

And Willian needs to play no.10 more often. Oscar just isn't doing anything & Cuadrado looks shocking so far.
  • Sloosh
    6753 posts Big Money Move
    Oscar has been tragic lately, nothing going for him.
  • Dribbly
    9114 posts League Winner
    JDYx wrote: »

And Willian needs to play no.10 more often. Oscar just isn't doing anything & Cuadrado looks shocking so far.
    Cuadrado seems to be incredibly nervous everytime he gets the ball currently, just trying too hard to impress I think. I still think he will be a good player for us once he settles down, probably be next season rather than this season we see the best of him though.

• Samuel
    319 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 2015
    Soaring heights sought out by @Wardhiigley and his delightful perception of how Courtois' hand position was slightly off and that how if he wants to be a top keeper, he needs to shape up.
    Post edited by Samuel on
  • CFCsjmishra
    8932 posts League Winner
    Tamerlane wrote: »
    As a senior member of the forum and the people's champion, I think I speak for everyone when I say that we don't like posts like this over here.

What did I say wrong:

GG- Good Game
    KTBFFH-Keep The Blue Flag Flying High :O :open_mouth:
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    Answered your own question.
  • Wardhiigley
    1974 posts Play-Off Hero
    http://gfycat.com/OldfashionedOpulentGuineapig

This is what Chelsea practice in training.
  • G000ner
    3973 posts National Call-Up
    The referee didn't even add on that time. Don't understand it.

• CFCsjmishra
    8932 posts League Winner

Every team does it.Even the commentator said that..
  • Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    Are you lot gonna start losing soon? Would be really appreciated by the rest of the football world.
  • CFCsjmishra
    8932 posts League Winner
    Jaymizzo wrote: »
    Are you lot gonna start losing soon? Would be really appreciated by the rest of the football world.

Will take that as a compliment :)
  • Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite

I wasn't trying to compliment you or insult you, If you don't lose, you win the league, If you start losing we have a shout at winning it... What did you think I meant?
  • CFCsjmishra
    8932 posts League Winner

I wasn't trying to compliment you or insult you, If you don't lose, you win the league, If you start losing we have a shout at winning it... What did you think I meant?

I thought you meant to say that we(Chelsea) are so good that you are pleading or praying for us to lose..Lol sorry :D :neutral:
  • Wardhiigley
    1974 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gif Size: 25M
    Gfy Size: 3M
    Compression: 4.9 to 1 (Bandwidth saved: 485G)
    Views: 25368
    Original: Video

Every team does it.Even the commentator said that..
    Every team kicks the ball away after the keeper has placed it down for a goal kick with 10 seconds to go? No, it takes a special kind of freak to do that. The fact you were that scared of Stoke is hilarious.
  • Samuel
    Sloosh wrote: »

I thought he had a decent game yesterday. He was integral to our brilliant pressing in the first half and linked up well with Hazard, Willian, Cesc and Remy. We actually played better with the front four exchanging roles almost completely freely. But understandably, Jose wanted to bring on another striker because were lacking clinical finishing and it was either him, Hazard or Willian and the latter two were having truly ruthless performances; the best in a while. The only thing you could fault was the chance he missed, but aside from that he wasn't exactly tragic. We wouldn't be in such a strong position in the league as of today if not for his exploits in the first half of the season. I find that a lot of his unfair criticism stems simply because he was kept at the club while the likes of De Bruyne, Mata and Schürrle were sold.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    818 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited April 2015

[/quote]
    Dribbly wrote: »
    JDYx wrote: »

Cuadrado seems to be incredibly nervous everytime he gets the ball currently, just trying too hard to impress I think. I still think he will be a good player for us once he settles down, probably be next season rather than this season we see the best of him though.

Give him time he's probably still adapting to a new club new city new leauge some players take longer to adapt and settle than others.

Next season he should kick on and produce some displays like at the world cup

• Wardhiigley
    1974 posts Play-Off Hero
    Samuel wrote: »
    I find that a lot of his unfair criticism stems simply because he was kept at the club while the likes of De Bruyne, Mata and Schürrle were sold.
    Can't be classed as "unfair" when those two players are superior to him.
  • Dribbly
    9114 posts League Winner
    Sloosh wrote: »

I thought he had a decent game yesterday. He was integral to our brilliant pressing in the first half and linked up well with Hazard, Willian, Cesc and Remy. We actually played better with the front four exchanging roles almost completely freely. But understandably, Jose wanted to bring on another striker because were lacking clinical finishing and it was either him, Hazard or Willian and the latter two were having truly ruthless performances; the best in a while. The only thing you could fault was the chance he missed, but aside from that he wasn't exactly tragic. We wouldn't be in such a strong position in the league as of today if not for his exploits in the first half of the season. I find that a lot of his unfair criticism stems simply because he was kept at the club while the likes of De Bruyne, Mata and Schürrle were sold.
    Yes and no. I do agree Oscar finds himself under more scrutiny due to the players we have let go in his position but at the same time he has put in a fair number of performances recently which simply haven't been good enough. Agree that yesterday he was fine, outshone by Willian and Hazard but they were both excellent.
  • Samuel
    edited April 2015
    I find that a lot of his unfair criticism stems simply because he was kept at the club while the likes of De Bruyne, Mata and Schürrle were sold.

And yet, without their sales we would have been unable to sign Matic, Fabregas and Costa who are far more important. Mata & De Bruyne failed to fit the system, which is ultimately working, even if it's not as easy on the eye as it once was say a few months back. Kevin is flourishing in a team that has been built around him in a free-roaming CAM role which he never would have got at Chelsea whereas Mata sadly couldn't adapt to the intensity of a well-Mourinho drilled system.

• Wardhiigley
    1974 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2015

And yet, without their sales we would have been unable to sign Matic, Fabregas and Costa who are far more important. Mata & De Bruyne failed to fit the system, which is ultimately working, even if it's not as easy on the eye as it once was say a few months back. Kevin is flourishing in a team that has been built around him in a free-roaming CAM role which he never would have got at Chelsea whereas Mata sadly couldn't adapt to the intensity of a well-Mourinho drilled system.

You've wasted around £90million on dross like Luis, Salah, Willian, Ginkel and Cuadrado, so don't make out like they were essential transfers :D Mata are De Bruyne and laughably superior to all of them.

You analysis of De Bruyne is pure conjecture, he played 132 minutes for you so speculating what he is and isn't capable of in a Chelsea set-up is disingenuous.
  • Samuel

You've wasted around £90million on dross like Luis, Salah, Willian, Ginkel and Cuadrado, so don't make out like they were essential transfers :D Mata are De Bruyne and laughably superior to all of them.

You analysis of De Bruyne is pure conjecture, he played 132 minutes for you so speculating what he is and isn't capable of in a Chelsea set-up is disingenuous.

I merely had to laugh at your perspective, if you're unable to speculate the capability of one player (De Bruyne); how can you then single out players for censure when they've played a similar, if not less, amount of time? Cuadrado barely has 170 minutes for the club, he simply needs time to adjust to the pace of the game and be more willing to accept the physicality of the league. At the moment, we have three main attacking options and one who has zero clue about the Premier League. That's it.

Involving Willian; I don't think you understand the significance of having someone in your squad whose able to do the dirty work and Willian has that in an abundance. He's the little engine that could. He defines industry. He may be no master craftsman, but he constantly provides an outlet for switching play, linking both sides of the pitch as well as being the transition from defense to attack. Whether or not that fits the bill of a £32 million player is arguable, although he's crucial to our success.

If Mourinho thinks Oscar provides what he wants down the middle, work rate wise, then I doubt he would have used De Bruyne much more, even in his current form of form. Oscar creates the stability in our team much more than you're giving him credit for and despite your belief that De Bruyne is a superior player ability wise, I don't know if he would be what Chelsea would want - similar to Mata. Fact is, having De Bruyne on his current form as part of your squad would make virtually any team stronger, theoretically.
  • Wardhiigley
    1974 posts Play-Off Hero
    I merely had to laugh at your perspective, if you're unable to speculate the capability of one player (De Bruyne); how can you then single out players for censure when they've played a similar, if not less, amount of time? Cuadrado barely has 170 minutes for the club, he simply needs time to adjust to the pace of the game and be more willing to accept the physicality of the league. At the moment, we have three main attacking options and one who has zero clue about the Premier League. That's it.
    You clearly don't understand the concept of this analysis. De Bruyne played 132 minutes for Chelsea and was deemed not good enough. He's since gone to prove that assessment laughably wrong, he's become arguably the best playmaker in European football. He's surpassed anything Cuadrado has done even at the peak of his form for Fiorentina, and in a significantly superior league.
    Involving Willian; I don't think you understand the significance of having someone in your squad whose able to do the dirty work and Willian has that in an abundance. He's the little engine that could. He defines industry. He may be no master craftsman, but he constantly provides an outlet for switching play, linking both sides of the pitch as well as being the transition from defense to attack. Whether or not that fits the bill of a £32 million player is arguable, although he's crucial to our success.
    Boring. This is the typical worn out excuse for any player that is simply ****. You've got no way to defend Willian, you've got no way to prove he brings anything tangible to the team so it the old "You don't understand him", "he's important to us".70955.gif
    What was it before with Hazard? He's the king of the "pre-assist"? Or was he the most fouled player in Europe? lol. Willian has been universally slated since he moved to Chelsea. Offers nothing to very little defensively or attackingly. But now that he's played at somewhat of a respectable level for the last couple of games all of sudden the revisionism comes out in full force and he's instantly become an "important" player that people just don't understand.

If Mourinho thinks Oscar provides what he wants down the middle, work rate wise, then I doubt he would have used De Bruyne much more, even in his current form of form. Oscar creates the stability in our team much more than you're giving him credit for and despite your belief that De Bruyne is a superior player ability wise, I don't know if he would be what Chelsea would want - similar to Mata. Fact is, having De Bruyne on his current form as part of your squad would make virtually any team stronger, theoretically.
    What are you even saying here? It's just a mishmash of contradictions.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    818 posts An Exciting Prospect
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Imagine taking pride in a fan channel
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    This Willian/De Bruyne/Mata/Cuadrado delusion is the most typical Omniscient Mourinho love-in I've seen for a while.
  • Tamerlane
    Tamerlane wrote: »

What did I say wrong:

GG- Good Game
    KTBFFH-Keep The Blue Flag Flying High :O :open_mouth:
    Yep, that's exactly what you said wrong.